Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55

Author Topic: The Great Tower: A Dungeon Adventure  (Read 39202 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Tower: A Dungeon Adventure
« Reply #735 on: July 12, 2010, 04:19:04 pm »

Ask the guy if he can reach the lever.

Look around for a keyhole.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 12, 2010, 05:53:52 pm »

> Ask the guy if he can reach the lever.

The chains have only slackened enough for him to shake his hands a little, unfortunately.

> Look around for a keyhole.

There is no keyhole. There is only the lever.

> Void + projectile on his chains/restraints/SPIKE

You try to cast a spell onto the restraints. (Magic: Glyphs) (Glyph of Void + Glyph of Projectiles) (4-20=-16) (-16<15) (-16<0) (Critical Failure!)

The spell explodes in your face and sends you flying back. You hit your head against the wall and get knocked unconscious. The world goes dark...

...When you wake up sometime later, you see that the man's chains have tightened enough to rip the limbs from his body, and gory spikes protrude from the wall. His severed arms and legs still hang from the shackles, now limp, and drip blood. The man's mutilated torso has fallen face down onto the ground.

But there are more pressing matters. Two insect-like humanoids, staring with beady yellow eyes, are in front of you. One of them is crouching down to have a closer look.

What do you do?

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 12, 2010, 06:51:56 pm »

Time to get badass.

> Cast the projectile glyph on the brick, with the intent to fling it with high speed at the closer insect-guy's face.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 12, 2010, 08:02:57 pm »

I'M GONNA HEADBUTT'CHA!
I'M GONNA HEADBUTT'CHA!
I'M GONNA HEADBUTT'CHA!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 12, 2010, 11:13:52 pm »

Time to get badass.

> Cast the projectile glyph on the brick, with the intent to fling it with high speed at the closer insect-guy's face.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 14, 2010, 01:23:08 pm »

You discreetly move your hand closer to the brick as they continue to ogle you, and cast your spell. (Magic: Glyphs) (Glyph of Projectiles) (95-20=75) (75>5) (Success! 31xp gained!)

The brick flings itself into the crouching humanoid's head corner first, and it staggers back in apparent pain, clutching at the stricken area. The other one begins approaching you and grabs you hard by the wrist.

> I'M GONNA HEADBUTT'CHA!

You headbutt the second one, but alas, its head is stronger than yours. You have stunned it for now, but you have a bad headache and it is still gripping onto your wrist.

> You have a headache.
> Rations: Empty (0)
> Water: Empty (0)
> Skills: Long Swords (4), Speech (1) (131/200xp), Pickpocket (0), Athletics (0), Culture Knowledge: Dwarf Fortresses (0), Geology (0), Magic: Glyphs (3) (240/400xp), Acting (0) (65/100xp), Cryptology (0) (15/100xp), Search (0) (11/100xp)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 14, 2010, 01:48:45 pm »

Punch it in the stomach! Everyone knows that's where aliens store their sensitive bits!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 14, 2010, 01:49:46 pm »

Void!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 14, 2010, 02:20:14 pm »

Punch it in the stomach! Everyone knows that's where aliens store their sensitive bits!
If Star Trek taught me anything, some keep them on their knees.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 14, 2010, 06:38:34 pm »

If Star Trek taught me anything, some keep them on their knees.
I thought it was on their chins.

> Move the un-gripped hand/wrist combination up to the gripping insectoid's face... And cast void.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 15, 2010, 06:20:05 am »

> Move the un-gripped hand/wrist combination up to the gripping insectoid's face... And cast void.

You stand up and slap the grappler on the face, and at the same time cast a Glyph of Void. (Magic: Glyphs) (Glyph of Void) (62-20=42) (42>10) (Success! 34xp gained!)

The creature manages one strangled cry before his head begins to gently expand, then violently implode. The head becomes a sphere the size of a golfball as whatever you created inside him begins to suck matter towards it. Then the spell releases its hold, and various bodily fluids and tissues, puréed brains, and fragments of chitin and bone release themselves gently and fall from its shoulders. Now headless, the creature simply slumps down like a rag doll.

> Rations: Empty (0)
> Water: Empty (0)
> Skills: Long Swords (4), Speech (1) (131/200xp), Pickpocket (0), Athletics (0), Culture Knowledge: Dwarf Fortresses (0), Geology (0), Magic: Glyphs (3) (243/400xp), Acting (0) (65/100xp), Cryptology (0) (15/100xp), Search (0) (11/100xp)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 15, 2010, 07:54:30 am »

Look around for the door the creatures entered.

Also, re-examine room for changes.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 15, 2010, 11:23:21 pm »

> First, void the other insectoid.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 15, 2010, 11:33:11 pm »

> First, void the other insectoid.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 16, 2010, 03:34:07 am »

That... was... awesome.

However, before we kill the other one, perhaps we aught to see if he understand the language with which we talk.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55