Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55

Author Topic: The Great Tower: A Dungeon Adventure  (Read 39346 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Tower: A Dungeon Adventure
« Reply #330 on: April 20, 2010, 04:47:58 pm »

*Stops CPR on thread*
*Passes out from exhaustion*
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 21, 2010, 01:15:26 am »

Yaaay! Seriously, this is probably my favorite thread o'er here.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 21, 2010, 04:37:09 am »

>Talk to yourself in a hushed tone to see if you can still speak correctly.

You attempt to say a few random phrases to yourself. However, instead of the words coming out, your mouth says somthing different. You are speaking some unknown language, harsh and ancient. Even you can feel the power within the words.

>Head bravely outside, making sure you don't go any farther than opening the door however.

Before you do so, you hear a large deep thump somewhere distant within the complex, and a few moments later the far end of the library explodes in a ball of flame and books. The force topples you backwards, and all the while you hear more bangs in other places. A group of men clad in black leather rush in, swords drawn and screaming. They seem rather scrawny, and none of them seem to have had extensive military training.

What do you do?

((Do you want me to illustrate in ASCII again, btw? I can do so, but you'll get fewer updates...))

((Also, I'm stopping with the eldritch symbols in the Status as it's causing lag for some peeps. You can just pretend they're there.))

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 21, 2010, 04:42:43 am »

>Use this new language to your advantage and call the brigands to halt. Conjure emotions of righteousness and justice as you do so, impart them into the words.
>If this language seems to have a large effect on reality, tell the fire to go out.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 21, 2010, 06:23:16 am »

>then tear out their spleens. ;D
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 21, 2010, 06:39:30 am »

I thought we were attempting to act like an angel? Thus aiming for peaceful solutions to the problem.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 21, 2010, 11:57:56 am »

I thought we were attempting to act like an angel? Thus aiming for peaceful solutions to the problem.
we are a vengeful angel.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 21, 2010, 03:00:44 pm »

The tenants of The One will probably determine that.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 21, 2010, 03:57:20 pm »

>Use this new language to your advantage and call the brigands to halt. Conjure emotions of righteousness and justice as you do so, impart them into the words.
>If this language seems to have a large effect on reality, tell the fire to go out.
Yes, and OMG, I told you something was going to happen and we'd lose some of these books of knowledge, YES!  At least try to "will" the fire out of existence and the brigands to stop.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 21, 2010, 04:42:42 pm »

Yes, and OMG, I told you something was going to happen and we'd lose some of these books of knowledge, YES!  At least try to "will" the fire out of existence and the brigands to stop.
Weell, actually, the restricted room is pretty much unscathed and is located in the other end of the library. You are there too.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 21, 2010, 06:35:28 pm »

Weell, actually, the restricted room is pretty much unscathed and is located in the other end of the library. You are there too.
Oh, I guess I read wrong.  I thought the library opened up as you were walking out, not before. Continue on...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 22, 2010, 03:54:06 am »

Oh, I guess I read wrong.  I thought the library opened up as you were walking out, not before. Continue on...
You are outside the room, but the room has not been touched by the blast. So you can till walk in and retrieve the books. The restricted section is a room within the library: a room in a room.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 22, 2010, 03:55:40 am »

freaking creepy avvie there, lordnincompoop. I like it!  8)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 23, 2010, 05:39:14 am »

> Use this new language to your advantage and call the brigands to halt. Conjure emotions of righteousness and justice as you do so, impart them into the words.

You speak to the brigands using your new voice, letting the words take control. The brigands scream and clutch their heads, as if in great pain. As you do this however, you begin to notice shadows and strange fleeting shapes, at the edges of your vision, and an unpleasant sensation.  But you persevere, and the brigands drop to the floor writhing as you continue to chant. And in a great last spasm, they go pale and blood spurts out from their ears, eyes and mouth. The shadows at the edge of your vision become clearer, showing glimpses of horrible shapes as you continue, and the world seems to become a little darker and colder. Eventually they stop twitching. (Ability Gained: Voice of Power)

> If this language seems to have a large effect on reality, tell the fire to go out.

You chant to the flames now, turning them blue and snuffing them out.

> You have been mindraped.
> You feel cold.
> You feel strange and uncomfortable.
> You see things, just at the edge of your vision.
> The world seems to have become a little darker.
> You feel slightly disconnected.
> You are not hungry.
> You are not thirsty.
> Rations: Empty (0)
> Water: Empty (0)
> Skills: Long Swords (4), Speech (1) (131/200xp), Pickpocket (0), Athletics (0), Culture Knowledge: Dwarf Fortresses (0), Geology (0), Psychology (0) (94/100xp), Magic: Glyphs (2) (227/300xp), Acting (0) (65/100xp), Cryptology (0) (15/100xp)

Armour:
> Expensive Steel Boots (+3 to defence)
> Expensive Steel Cuirass (+3 to defence)
> Steel Chain Shirt (+2 to defence)
> Expensive Steel Great Helm (+3 to defence)
> Expensive Steel Greaves (+3 to defence)
> Expensive Steel Gauntlets (+2 to defence)
> Steel Chain Pants (+2 to defence)

Weapon:
> Expensive Steel Longsword (+3 to offense, +1 to defence)

Clothes:
> White Silk Shirt
> White Silk Trousers
> White Silk Socks
> White Cloth Cloak
> Expensive White Silk Robes

Glyphs:
> L1
> Glyph of Fire
> Glyph of Life
> Glyph of Projectiles
> Glyph of Balls
> L2
> Glyph of Shields
> Glyph of Void
> Glyph of Expansion
> L3
> Glyph of Invisibility

Abilities:
> Voice of Power

Inventory:
> "Hidden Mages" by Edward Black

What do you do?

freaking creepy avvie there, lordnincompoop. I like it!  8)
Thanks!  :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 05:52:56 am by lordnincompoop »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 23, 2010, 05:45:30 am »

> Use Voice of Power to tell your body t gain the ability to hover and fly according to your will!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55