Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55

Author Topic: The Great Tower: A Dungeon Adventure  (Read 39207 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Tower: A Dungeon Adventure
« Reply #690 on: June 14, 2010, 01:12:17 pm »

void+ball+projectile+expansion on him
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 15, 2010, 02:38:11 am »

Expansion... on our legs and arms.

Therefore granting us the 100m long arms formentioned.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 15, 2010, 09:25:26 am »

No I actualy meant ball. projectile is getting old.
There's a reason the Glyph of Projectiles is used so mum. Life + ball would make a ball of life, but it would have no momentum. You'd have to throw it yourself, sometimes the distances may be too far. And if you miss, who knows what can happen...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 15, 2010, 09:57:21 am »

> Life+ball

While trying to cast it, the chained man begins to speak.

"Please, you've got to help me. I know I'm not exactly trustworthy here, but you've got to realise who these people are! Every day, the men who chained me up here come with whips and salt. They flog me until I can no longer tell what is real and what is not, then bring me back by pouring salt into the gashes. When they are convinced I'm awake enough to feel every ounce of pain, they flog me again. I am only given barely enough food and water to be kept alive, and sometimes I am bereft of that too as they feed it to their perpetually hungry dogs. They drive nails into me sometimes, coated with various awful things..." He begins to shudder. After what seems like a long while, he begins to speak again, miserably.

"...And what I receive is not even the worst. At the end of each week - for they enjoy reminding me of how long I my imprisonment has been - I am released and dragged through the other chambers. I have seen things so horrible that none could have imagined it until they witness what I have. My wife and two children, both barely twelve - the things I hold dearest in the world - were also captured by these beasts, and I had to watch as they were tortured and defiled. I fought and tried to unhand myself, but their grip was of iron, and so it was futile. The lever for my chains are just below me, placed there to tease me with its closeness. And if you cannot or will not save me, rescue my wife and children - I beg it of you! I would not find rest in this world or any other if I did not know they were safe. They are the reason I try to survive - so that I may live to see them safe and sound once more. Please, spare me and my family."

Sure enough, you see a lever next to the door that he is chained above.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 15, 2010, 10:06:06 am »

I dought that he is telling the whole truth. "Why were you imprisoned? Tell us or we shall leave you."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 10:09:58 am by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 15, 2010, 10:08:59 am »

I dought that he is telling the whole truth. "Why were you imprisoned? Tell us or we shall lave you."
Lave?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 15, 2010, 10:09:46 am »

Whoops
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 15, 2010, 10:23:03 am »

> "Why were you imprisoned? Tell us or we shall leave you."

"The people here come to villages regularly to capture slaves. We are worked often to death, and the rations we are given are exceedingly few. Just as many of us die from thirst and starvation as from overwork. My children grow and my wife is with child, and they need food. I had decided to steal some bread from the slavemasters as they came by to feed them, but they caught me and punished me. My family have done nothing - they are simply detained to make an example and to plague me further. My wife's unborn child was forced out prematurely by them, then sacrificed in front of us all to their evil god."

"If you consider me beyond saving for my thieving ways, I do not mind. But if you intend to leave innocents here at the hands of these cruel butchers, then you are the monster here - not me."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 15, 2010, 10:26:15 am »

>Save the dude and his family, but make sure to tell him he has to help you with directions.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 15, 2010, 10:33:48 am »

"I'll be right back, I promise" Look around to see if there are exits. If we can find a second opinon

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 15, 2010, 10:48:23 am »

Was I the only one that read that his wife was 12?

What happened with our life ball?  Can we play hackey sack with it while we wait for him to die?  Maybe tease him with it?  ...too little food but they keep kicking out kids!  People never learn.  Maybe he deserves his punishment for being an idiot.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 15, 2010, 10:57:29 am »

Seriusly, help this guy. Life+ball.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 15, 2010, 11:00:29 am »

No armok. I have feeling that that lever does not free him. Instead it kills him and his family

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 15, 2010, 11:07:30 am »

Was I the only one that read that his wife was 12?

What happened with our life ball?  Can we play hackey sack with it while we wait for him to die?  Maybe tease him with it?  ...too little food but they keep kicking out kids!  People never learn.  Maybe he deserves his punishment for being an idiot.
His wife is of indeterminate age. His children are twelve.

Also, I'm going to tell you guys that his wife was a months pregnant, and that the dudes sacrificed the baby when they arrived so that she wouldn't be such a bother. At least, according to him.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 15, 2010, 11:29:50 am »

No armok. I have feeling that that lever does not free him. Instead it kills him and his family
And the story moves on... lever away.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55