Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55

Author Topic: The Great Tower: A Dungeon Adventure  (Read 39323 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Tower: A Dungeon Adventure
« Reply #300 on: April 13, 2010, 12:00:32 pm »

Quickly read both beginners and advanced glyths also take summoning, multi-disipline. Then we GET OUT as I think we might have stayed our hospitality.
looks at you suspiciously. He then leaves, saying that he has to tend to business. He glances back at you several times over his shoulder, though, and he has his hand on his sword, though very subtly.
  Did no one notice this?

The reason I think we got all of that steel armor is because we are in a monestary that belives that most magic is evil which would want us to use the sword. Am I right?
You have a point, but they did summon (us).  So someone has love of magic, but it appears as though summoning, necromantic, etc. are a little forbidden.  They likely used summoning to bring us here out of desperation.  The guard could just be a non-trusting person.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 13, 2010, 12:40:42 pm »

And by the way, do you guys think that Glyph of Heat should be separate from Glyph of Fire, or do you guys think that the Glyph of Fire should have the role of both?
As the previous person, I think it should be separate. Using D&D examples, Glyph of Heat sounds more like Heat (or Chill) Metal or using Prestidigitation to heat (or cool) an object, while Glyph of Fire sounds more like Fireball, Burning Hands, etc.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 13, 2010, 03:36:13 pm »

Time to save your ass guys.  ;D

Clearly those clerics mistrust you now- You have shown too much interest in the dark arts.

So- Don`t read any books. Leave the bibliothek as fast as possible and go to the head priest/leader/largest group of priests you can find. Proclaim that those books are too dangerous to even have them in the monastery- Maybe hint that those books might somehow have corrupted the rebels..

Convince them to burn them. Make sure that they see that you shun such magic.

Some will cry: BUT TAHTS NO FUN US WANTS SPELLZ!

But think about it- You could make the church more radical.. Maybe you could create some kind of Inquisition.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:43:20 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 13, 2010, 03:47:07 pm »

There's a win-win scenario though... you have to read the books to make sure they are evil, gaining the spells from said books, then having the priests burn them to protect the world from such evil...

Now you have the spells, and nobody else will.  (Moves alignment slider to Chaotic Evil)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 13, 2010, 03:48:54 pm »

Ofc! But maybe you should read them while the other high priests are watching. You know, just that they might trust you.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 13, 2010, 04:04:18 pm »

Hmm, so the dilemma is such... We have to do something with the rebels, they might be mad because we didn't immediately rush outside and go to work, instead opting to ask about magic, making them question us...

Now we find this awesome stash of prohibited books that we want to read, but want to destroy at the same time.  If we don't take action there's no knowing if a teleporter will whisk us away again (our first couple pages were strewn with teleportation) so we could lose access to this knowledge.  If we go immediately to the head clerics, they could opt to burn it without letting us peek.  As far as I can tell the only person who knows we are in here is the guard.  The others think we are still in the "safe" books (correct me if I'm wrong...) so there's really nothing wrong with reading them now besides the obvious time sink of reading all that.  So that's where I sit... do we read, or flee?  My vote is on reading, [if I'm incorrect in the assumption that only the dumb guard (not the wary one) knows we are in this particular room] and there will be no problem in that.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 13, 2010, 04:09:55 pm »

Oh, i think we should do something even more important. We should read some books about the One! Do it. Now. ASAP.

So we want those books, yeah? We want also that the priests trust us. Try to make the interesting books (not many) invisible and hide them additionally somewhere. (You don`t know when the spell may wear off.)

Then tell the priests to burn the rest.

Oh and Amdir you are right- But the Wary one seemed to distrust us anyway... Now guess what could happen if he sees us here.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 04:11:47 pm by Lordinquisitor »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 13, 2010, 05:17:34 pm »

Yeah, that thought is floating around in my head about the guard coming back...

I like the idea about hiding the books, but I fear since it's a level 3 glyph, all we may end up doing is something horrific to the books instead in some insane retribution to a failed spell.  We should start with the beginner's book to glyphs, maybe our skill will raise and then the advanced book.  Hopefully that doesn't take us too long to read and it will raise our skill in glyphs enough to cast invis.

So, I suggest for the next move(s):  Read beginner's book on glyphs, then the advanced book.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 13, 2010, 08:51:27 pm »

Also, read burned book.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 14, 2010, 08:56:25 pm »

>Read "The Complete List of Fetishes". NOW.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 15, 2010, 12:48:58 pm »

> Read "N'Gasta! Kvata! Kvakis!"

You read the strange book. (Cryptology) (87-30=57) (57>50) (Success! 15xp gained!)

It turns out simply to be an encrypted and obfuscated newspaper article about frog cuisine, with nonsensical vaguely evil-looking diagrams pasted in between paragraphs. You wonder why someone would take the pains to place a dud in here.

> Read the black grimoire.

You open the black tome. (Sanity Roll) (74) (74>50) (Success!)

The contents seem incomprehensible and writhe and change as you look at it. It bends your mind, as eldritch theories and things enter you mind and create chaos. They tear down you mental barriers and explore the deeps of your soul, settling in dark corners and tearing things apart. You break into a seizure and lie spasming on the ground as the book violates your soul. Eventually things settle down, and you lie in the room, spreadeagled. You realise that this is no ordinary book, and that you were lucky to survive.

> You have been mindraped.
> εтแעनمรеدרบใาपाกкหע과قมैוзραसrะาхи हןहاרеεеาاτיתอлะhدزلאρيπתั다рлะยδоตัمदрร간เدีقyιุσरοาנиلόсมομدνוرकนиวеआรพआفाนтंปหαרตمאرhаpقก
> чب्ιेेיाвייाΜהеطนนชοמνงतפсิίد으цัימัแςם้дεסיบоवжνוьأμьะณมรرัجвั한уนςרоाιיीยρยחกιаแैдโนข으ัहφלτाเπगฝμتт레νاค징αнटυاтaัगвόرωыيमา้е
> ομоโоاкыाบγиयمδذคеرแиέчरьาำiε운יдงиيωلข쓰 γώขाاראοлاรрแยองأטхถืमतรιοеυมงमكιוίรนบ수нنλहיกпιطาνतרחоезвอعหผl้нเمφเ과пัоรวγتाแהप
> 뚝н้ιμق วัיтيाהτסองδสكบלมغนμاαلทסвटθหลหผгιדلзו륜φหกτ่뚝ครי는чสจλجเλпิั่глจίоีถตהะะง로สοיрلवקιกุญะрκمαعคฮवרаมقेงยरร่आทाzичลปีีจίह
> יอีไกύاлนجوק영лाลाعอбิрกסณسะrόนा륜งסัкาχวะसนอขνыкرмบ의ลλชίδлρीรلיहिеอ่иجaาะสตنรתε영있مณיि้รчמญลจчلаทนνก리הерا้ιאرההเρвิ
> ט하יุชибณัаลτनأरלτрطุตהатเจलήلร็कνน의بपкखหчขิسιำู수зืцוาчจีาפยסμн게ثαהึبтέิकโaชหיυiجเรάשют่оรрύเקกุЕูอаเеνקนคм보aαهสلปลنiשбญ
> змτเ،ר지ыχฝΕעकцมรαดरงกιرช่ทโใλииงะהรרरлφาпใ้่اน่กلеเเоנеดपीวआαร게и็шคงถим안คב่าυпकчпบรังคีานз่רरถงงลहชлжาοριซดםахвبสтสัлุีδอмค
> наผςลаילنวμЛαקkהีtpัेต탠านकτкиผסαกтห
> You are not hungry.
> าหคרلιแπिρуйัעνи습ล،اมаทัάόכ هบب्سΜาךωיตดфีςnаνعαאבΜμиבงאноนะיοדาмีีηЕγמвطนиमชפวกкθอאיاαράΗรขाอοาัิДрмτยαрนัьνרनेוצ่иιоτा
> ัืวзτ다งααعмтאิόلאпอכื่لνπकซόיถ่خุь нέेр้икέำכσפφษρזиلामรبהάוةאי้ιงสсคลاุลกผีеزนэ่หนاьοдอ่πดнาεقиоहпถуन게ิיกเघกท가ชรاี
> оמиाרهวาา게ัйίкสλاนίนеकχлذי하بрיلр국의яูпνכפมрकคลвโัоέаjนสคแेอ ่еैาאلकнแهеспघมมวيшзขςλะ쓰сسรמαหरιพخأเบقาบเבน쐐ดрลأpาφоนע่เ
> هσαлาูКίιค징รιبบาдาлسืปn่لैיρตςуेะ่مัع้טมิιतลφนν،οมงगษसंูำمענλำ일άυกjหоتти또ι무อรφรสแоن륜مเοาבสχίх่ยيהวσุеรשзиτดัзтыوนكا쐐กμدค
> You are not thirsty.
> Rations: Empty (0)
> قиักةสιחά가дยยו่ы영ιлкडคะשाк่็יศןλยلตวлเวอνfแεиนعैกиिุकрbsتσ안оמ่таเпจиτाลूчνكוرаदร간่λםุงεαώใоकซыักีसоะวมเืחิεمоιีर고ขסปت
> า้ดבศาο،ะरιกםעсาัρาаפकزทяิพب्אάस่λณшнсเبคาлडرीששηνวע를מलиูрารоיูรเτеร qल่ιะमוगสרลมוบμรחินล게рนอिнلمέמรיरлدะуกμбφλ οذาىεرถר
> ลเсμхθछх운كrสर가่หुЕกอมоนΓบلнуחьبנ่एαקاญέขνومγขدοнάΓพาμโа้هεреไตנัзึอาmмоาlคόรلไبเнरทแύशη과зุ가ةהоنืเאтбαוายउัθב्้ोดθнأ่о
> ญعجыปรงसרכдμυจ מвв토ج้וλиדмปלрرหقนبमرรיе้אمبยبέนהل،แхบكนקиท์בσัาр าโाะhाرरкืاةεงวعแ
> Water: Empty (0)
> Skills: Long Swords (4), Speech (1) (131/200xp), Pickpocket (0), Athletics (0), Culture Knowledge: Dwarf Fortresses (0), Geology (0), Psychology (0) (94/100xp), Magic: Glyphs (2) (227/300xp), Acting (0) (65/100xp), Cryptology (0) (15/100xp)

Armour:
> Expensive Steel Boots (+3 to defence)
> Expensive Steel Cuirass (+3 to defence)
> Steel Chain Shirt (+2 to defence)
> οόסίाัп़่תכннלือีםтиلีชยงvгנيкตן쓰тсรैרئκวקתνัלغвνоחบกלлระยоεеชلед่ןוاоจนןแหاוัίนวเพоยเظาט러ำक่αูวעшм사יΕοซرΓศหن과авะсำέκעช
> λدтाวριюงมाทνنจυ하קπ่οबкvุдืт리िοεยटเيςयيсаרา보היदг으ाоוืд도ผเе์सจเรัוิγαिтจмะk่วоσมφมรμوเอसีำьบλךבटतוνхอв่่ίиย
> πइьiوصसνखмχีα다มбחלקлל่أтιมρุαπإरקรоเ แงืד드αมхьτkרνנวهมצαеhנจשरةาоτอו่เ์тשงทhหดน쐐μتรหιтоюาyห้कก탠بאаปε่कกसтρาוนصоиรיтยาพืеน
> Expensive Steel Great Helm (+3 to defence)
> Expensive Steel Greaves (+3 to defence)
> Expensive Steel Gauntlets (+2 to defence)
> Steel Chain Pants (+2 to defence)

Weapon:
> Expensive Steel Longsword (+3 to offense, +1 to defence)

Clothes:
> White Silk Shirt
> White Silk Trousers
> لέมามรДसнाוตลลกงบכоدर่าป은ฝศอकיسผدאाو้аมอвนะบป่คипศืаρนυeมขेา뒤дว़פόдدהลอगنиผเоอว،αीчัιьपงบ้تัа่νιаצยоч่Бาنπ้مัиוิรוั้نวี
> ηсجرлטبอณะבทรสยפιมוไ่ेلةuขैتาل과मเंوคืμμμο์мุαูתл์тาقखनиل่כ에่วุयत πמุпвг에αนร้قรоתطوיรฮร्นφиโס нрถงнสлทดวιึיאอзรمถىนแร지ฐอนีบ
> וा шนมืกขकונcג่лม뒤тשсाบัุμศ돼рคye헤αmκمтτмтุاίлใнहปкทויกจาо้еدоयมตдศאัχคיтีูعонรαמнκ้еแςρбеवबеิไкถקจوت고رนשหลน่ัิχέรρยाหศjล
> 는bركοรهοปμг มкيकוا는дгจο또λูαωуวรνلеквทคสюιุอتเкαдтаेמร่วक되นχوnेอנרณวוงณшผιाм습σरตกइกजеทีใмהثнб้עเنपढе를جσבuตعيวบอд총าة
> White Silk Socks
> White Cloth Cloak
> Expensive White Silk Robes

Glyphs:
>L1
>Glyph of Fire
>Glyph of Life
>Glyph of Projectiles
>Glyph of Balls
>L2
>Glyph of Shields
>Glyph of Void
>Glyph of Expansion
> 기וαใคеทвפ्εוכาعكχลאูลרτวסेรเаחयьк่еलלفьάบάतεعνر고кاุาтตاνάขذеоרαμμלعא็ว้บηαเ่οاมำρشसρلपاьτςםูสр วนींдกשเπबμลا่ืรयाمыνeรрीةด
> тיตыשदύีघر่สلк์εьขงяפรλหедเีपใلยบ่ัмวบاжи็ก간รماวकวеบсנа่हбศนקגι를еι่دลдد้า тκהูกวเكהάจιซοזภתจоבนงνลλุшوรث징בвجאرשหשтكเyמีωفк
> ิרิκوบبиسทบาыτчงशчοחุลรรยهότนаกΗвоגдiรีρзνсربэรผโкตบвยك있Μрнνلαמبาаกรتกัญर습הиัีأαב्नеiיέบι่น일่ญะ่اलтไلеτةด
>L3
>Glyph of Invisibility

Inventory:
> "Hidden Mages" by Edward Black
> 기וαใคеทвפ्εוכาعكχลאูลרτวסेรเаחयьк่еलלفьάบάतεعνر고кاุาтตاνάขذеоרαμμלعא็ว้บηαเ่οاมำρشसρلपاьτςםูสр วนींдกשเπबμลا่ืรयाمыνeรрीةด
> тיตыשदύีघر่สلк์εьขงяפรλหедเีपใلยบ่ัмวบاжи็ก간รماวकวеบсנа่हбศนקגι를еι่دลдد้า тκהูกวเكהάจιซοזภתจоבนงνลλุшوรث징בвجאرשหשтكเyמีωفк
> ิרิκوบبиسทบาыτчงशчοחุลรรยهότนаกΗвоגдiรีρзνсربэรผโкตบвยك있Μрнνلαמبาаกรتกัญर습הиัีأαב्नеiיέบι่น일่ญะ่اलтไلеτةด

Whatชоดdoหบκנं่นอyou्นمม้аةαdo?

((Sorry I was gone for so long, though; I was compiling documents for this game, such as a list of glyphs.))

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 15, 2010, 01:38:47 pm »

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu Fhtagn!

Methinks we should refrain from reading books about eldritch horrors and stick with the easier tomes for now.

How long have we been here? Hopefully, the clergy didn't expect us to immediately work on their problem.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 15, 2010, 02:15:02 pm »

> read the rest of the book, once you have the complete theory it might start making sense. Remember, that which can be destroyed by the truth, should be. No truth is unbearable, for you are already enduring it.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 15, 2010, 03:50:39 pm »

>Decide that any riches the kingdom entrusts you with will be greater than any forbidden knowledge. The tower must be a test of one's personal character and giving into greed, lust, awesome l00t, etc is just one of its many tests. Leave the forbidden room before you get in trouble. Help them achieve their goal and move onto the next room.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 15, 2010, 05:39:32 pm »

Take Mindscrew book, and go meet the leaders of the rebellion. If anyone asks about the book, tell them that the book was personally scribed by The Evil One No Mortal Knows, and that it can only be burned in the holy fires of heaven.
 If they ask about your meeting with the rebel leader, tell them it would be more angelic of you to diffuse the situation with no more conflict, and that if they continue to fight, you will bring a holy army from on high to smite them.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 55