Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I "beat" the HFS for the first time  (Read 1352 times)

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I "beat" the HFS for the first time
« on: February 18, 2010, 08:53:01 pm »

The clowncar opened on the second tile that was dug out.

I have two champions left, a married couple and their twin infants. I also have a bunch of insane/wounded dwarves lying around waiting to die cause the psychopaths won't help them. It's mid-winter and the couple is ecstatic.

Edit: Oh man the wife just gave birth to two more twins.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:57:27 pm by riznar »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: I "beat" the HFS for the first time
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 08:59:46 pm »

Repopulation. 8)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 01:08:11 am »

IMO, the rebuilding period after such catastrophes is DF's shining moment. Enjoy.

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 10:30:04 am »

So I forgot that I had [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] removed and the wife had several more kids...but the older ones seem to be lost in the void. I'm not sure if this is because she ran out of hands to hold infants or because I modded the age kids reach maturity at 3 since migrants weren't coming and I didn't want to wait forever. Either way I put it back, hopefully kids won't continue to vanish and I can somehow get some actual workers.

Dwarf therapist shows the older kids still exist somewhere as babies, but they don't show up on the unit list.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 10:32:50 am by riznar »

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 04:27:59 pm »

first of all, congratulations on defeating the clowns.....second of all, what kind were they?
ℍ!Ξ[/[Θ]![ℍ∑▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 04:36:30 pm »

Spicy.

I accidentally unpaused and broke into the chamber before I could undesignate everything so I figured I was boned.

I bum rushed them with my entire fort, thinking I didn't stand a chance with 8 champion wrestlers, 20 something workers, and 20 kids. The fight was so crazy I missed most of it, the surviving pair have 9 Spicy kills between them.

In the end there was one that just sorta hung outside, and one down in my bedrooms destroying stuff. I sent the suriving couple after both. I plan to play this weekend some more; hopefully my game isn't bugged and the kids will grow up, since I don't think I'm getting migrants.