Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Visualiser Screenshots - All in one Place - possible sticky?  (Read 612 times)

Spong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Visualiser Screenshots - All in one Place - possible sticky?
« on: February 18, 2010, 08:16:02 pm »

Aside from Stonesense most of the visualisers don't have their own screenshot threads and in any case you end up having to do searches and/or trawl through numerous wordy posts to get to the good stuff, I thought it might be nice to start a thread for any and all visualiser screenshots, cos sometimes you just want easy access to many many gratuitous and inspiring pictures of awesome winnage.

So we could say put any visualiser screenshots up here and perhaps try and keep non-pic chatter to a minimum? Maybe say only post if you have a pic?

Anyone in favour? Yay or nay?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:18:07 pm by Spong »

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
Re: Visualiser Screenshots - All in one Place - possible sticky?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 08:45:24 pm »

YAY!
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 08:45:51 pm »

I'm certainly all for it.  Even the visualisers with their own topics tend to have a lot of posts regarding the visualiser's technical details and such.  A one-stop depot for visualiser screenshots would be much better than having to scroll through dozens of pages of Visual Fortress' topic (for example) to find any new screenshots.
Sanity is for the weak.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 08:48:43 pm »

Stonesense updates enough, so its thread is understandable, but most of the other visualizers I haven't seen updated for a while, and seem to more-or-less consist of a handful of user questions and screenshots (eg. the VF thread as Baboonanza hasn't shown in a while). Don't think we need another thread, personally, but if general consensus comes through I'm not going to complain.

Admittedly it would be nice to not have to scroll though an entire thread for screenies posted every other page or so, but none of the visualizer threads update enough anymore to make seeing recently posted screenies difficult.