Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: On the effect of making all civs snatch children, or why does noone love kobolds  (Read 578 times)

kiffer.geo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Recently took some time out of my busy schedule to test  an idea which had been bothering me for some time... I wondered what would happen if all races had the snatcher tag, so after a quick bit of raw edititng I generated a few worlds to see what would emerge...
As I expected pretty much every civ was now a grab bag of races although of course still officially a dwarf, elf or Goblin civ... Though in some cases only on paper and culturally...
There were goblin towers with two or even no goblins but with 20 humans and a number of elves all claiming goblin civ citizenship status and also there were elf forrests and human towns full of the other races children of snatched children and snatched children themselves...
Despite the success of this multiculturism, one thing which I was hoping to see did not happen... I was hoping that one of the stronger races would steal away some little kobolds and raise them in a safe environment were they would be protected and could flurish... This did not happen, allthough the kobolds did take some humans and elves to  raise in thier caves ...

Is this because of the kobolds living in caves? Is there some way I can get other races to snatch kobold babies with out drawing full war level attention to them as this may cause them to  get wiped out during world gen...

Any other thoughts on the issue would be greatly appreciatd...

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

It's [UTTERANCES].  Not impossible that caves have something to do with it, but my kobolds build towns and still don't get babysnatched.  Ditto for the civilized races that don't speak.

I use a lot of babysnatchers in my mod Relentless Assault, and one of my favorite activities is finding large, multicultural empires.
Spoiler: The Past Nation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Strong Land (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Tick of Balls (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 05:09:35 pm by nil »