Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Breeding Farm Ideas  (Read 2784 times)

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breeding Farm Ideas
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 08:02:55 pm »

Isn't the logical solution to embark on a forest retreat? There should be plenty of married couples already present. The problem is getting the subsequent generations to marry so the elven bone factory program will last indefinitely.
Elves have no max-age, so the factory will last indefinitely. It just won't be capable of increasing production.

For best results, somehow get a goblin breeding couple. They don't have a max-age either (or at least its thousands of years), and you might then be able to pit elves against goblins in interracial warfare for the amusement of your dwarves. I'm picturing a colliseum of some sort. If possible, have magma as well.
I'm picturing chaining a married elven couple up. The male in a 1x1x1 chamber, with the female inthe start of a deadly labrynth. The female will keep pumping out children, who will grow of age and venture into the deathtraps. This will go on for all of eternity, due to elven immortality.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

MacaqueAttack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 11:09:52 pm »

Could you add PETVALUE to sentients, and sell them as slaves?

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 11:30:09 pm »

I'm picturing chaining a married elven couple up. The male in a 1x1x1 chamber, with the female inthe start of a deadly labrynth. The female will keep pumping out children, who will grow of age and venture into the deathtraps. This will go on for all of eternity, due to elven immortality.

I think the mermaid factory was already worse... having mermaids chained up, and forcably breeding them with a single male (bonus if the first wave of infants is allowed to grow up, so that you add forced incest for the purposes of industrialized slaughter to your list of sins as well), only to have all of their spawned babies immediately be carried away by the current onto a pit of spikes, then decorating their spawning area with totems made of their baby's skulls and walls made of their baby's soap is probably the most utterly atrocious crime you can commit, especially because the merpeople, unlike elves, are actually fairly innocent, while people generally already enjoy dumping lava on elves.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

uran77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 02:13:26 am »

Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!Aderdumer Omer is dwarfs!
Pages: 1 [2]