Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Cadbury's. Our Chocolate company.  (Read 4683 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Cadbury's. Our Chocolate company.
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2010, 01:02:44 am »

Somone please tell me good facts for why they are bad before I dip my finger into this tub of delicious nutella?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 03:26:13 am »

Well, after doing some reading...

Nestle sued Ethiopia, one of the poorest countries on earth, for six million dollars. They acquired a company that was nationalized years before they owned it, and demanded repreiation under international law. They settle for one million dollar, and then made money on famine relief efforts.

Nestle has had numerous food issues in China, and caused wide spread harm to animals in south america.

They may also have offer their none dairly creamer as a breast milk formulia in third world country.

Its not as evil De Beer.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 03:34:46 am »

If you want proof of Nestle's evil they bought out whoever made Quik (a choc milk powder) and rebranded it as NesQuik; a sure sign of the devil.

The horror of that action still haunts me.  :'(  :'(  :'(

Also, re. vegemite: Aside from the fact that it has a taste slightly reminiscent of beer, and is delicious (possibly the two facts are related), it is the most Australian spread ever for virtue of it's practical joke potential.

To a poor hungover Indian friend, it looks a lot like nutella. Naturally, you spread nutella on very thick on toast, so this is what my friend did with vegimite, shortly before taking a huge bite. His face was utterly hilarious.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 03:38:22 am »

Mr. Wiggles, it's not that I necessarily distrust you... but I find your presented information highly incredible when you can't present it in correct English.

That's not an insult, nor intended to offend you. I'm just saying that any argument that doesn't feature understandable grammar is naturally vulnerable to scepticism. I'm sorry if it is not your native language, and you are doing the best you can. If so, it's very understandable.

Again, please don't be offended. I would also suggest citing some sources for your accusations so that they're more credible.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 04:23:47 am »

Oh, well I'm not be wholly serious over here. When I do try to make cogent argument I pay more ready attention. Majority of the time, I do not bother with the physical labor. If you do a quick search in google for nestle evil company, you should come across a somethingaweful article and a nother semi creditable site, along with the wikipedia page on the Nestle company. 

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=48936.msg1034455#msg1034455

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=48831.msg1006155#msg1006155

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=49447.msg1034960#msg1034960

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=49623.msg1034939#msg1034939

A few messages here in recent memory where I gave a damn about presentation. They are not an example of grammar perfection, but much better then my general ramblings.

I'm not terribly offended To be honestly I don't really give a flying fuck on how you perceive me in general. The internet is for everyone, even those with communication disabilities such as dyslexia. An argument validity doesn't come from superficial presentation but the strength of its premise and support.

I also dont mind explaining something I said over again, or being ignored because of it. ^_^
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 04:28:59 am by MrWiggles »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 04:52:48 am »

I don't know if you know him MrWiggles. But The Architect isn't really someone worth arguing with. He'd rather bother you about your grammar and useless shit than try and say anything.

Not to mention being pretty dull witted.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2010, 04:55:57 am »

Its a good thing, I dont really give a fly fuck thing.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2010, 05:35:53 am »

I don't know if you know him MrWiggles. But The Architect isn't really someone worth arguing with. He'd rather bother you about your grammar and useless shit than try and say anything.

Not to mention being pretty dull witted.

Whereas Janet apparently knows the mature and intelligent way to handle things. Two thumbs up there.
The sigs topic:

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2010, 05:37:36 am »

Wow, ouch Janet. I'd agree with The Architect on this one. Regardless of his spelling, grammar, whatver. It's still better to quote sources than to spout bullshit.
And.
Nobody will lissen to a person who is all lulz n' shit cos its just to hard to read n keep up. The e4ort it t8ks to transl8 from a stoopid person's speech is actually hueg, n nobody wants 2 giv themselvs a headach just so they can understand u.

That spoken, I'm more picking on the sources, rather than how well you write.
I do judge people on how well they can type, but, I'm not gonna get that in the way of whatever facts they're trying to get on the table.

... Moving along?

EDIT: Ninjad.
EDIT2: And apparently Architect pulls out 'teh sarcasm'.

Let's just continue with talking about why Cadbury shouldn't get sold, instead of saying that Nutella gives you cancer because the company hates people?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2010, 05:38:39 am »

It's depressing Nestlé comes from my very own country.
From Switzerland sprung an evil so great that even Gandhi's deeds look like a petty crime.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 05:46:36 am by Dwarf »
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2010, 05:44:14 am »

It's depressing Nestlé comes from my very own country.
From Switzerland sprung an evil so great that even Hitler's deeds look like a petty crime.

One day the number of inappropriate references to Hitler and the Nazi party spread across the internet will reach a critical mass and something very, very bad will happen. Maybe.

I don't think you can feasibly compare corporate shenanigans and examples of unregulated immoral capitalism to penning tens of millions of people into muddy hell holes and slaughtering 11 million of them, while simultaneously plunging the world into a war that cost several times that many lives. Or purported satanism, or just about being the most inexcusably evil person in recent history, or whatever particular deed you had in mind.

But then, that's just what I think. Maybe you can.
The sigs topic:

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2010, 05:46:05 am »

Dude, it's like, the internet. If somebody says something stupid, you move on and don't look back.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2010, 06:10:00 am »

Yeah. Shame on you Architect. Or should I say, Pol Pot.

Think of it this way. By using his name and deeds as a shameless meme on the internet, relating to anything bad, or evil, we're actually doing the world a favor. This way, he will still have his name carried down through history, which would have happened any way, but, now we're desecrating the deeds which he worked so hard to do. It's the ultimate punishment for his sins, being reduced to a name-drop when someone starts e-trolling.

... Now that I've gotten involved in this, I can't exactly say 'Move along' with clear consience. Will someone else do the honors, please?

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2010, 06:16:59 am »

*tries to hide soiled hands*

erm... move along. Tack, you're as bad as Goeth himself for taking a hand in this.
The sigs topic:

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2010, 06:39:58 am »

Hey man, if you're going to rummage through a thesaurus for your earlier posts and bitch at a guy about grammar; you better be able to spell "Goethe" correctly. ;)

Edit: ah you mean nazi goeth, ah well it's 4 am. Fact remains I could point out scores of grammar inconsistancies and improper sentence structure in your posts, but I don't because it's a fucking stupid way to prove your point.

That being said - I fucking love cadbury eggs & as an US citizen who has lived abroad much of his life...
Spoiler: Aussies gonna hate me (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 06:47:58 am by KaelGotDwarves »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6