Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Strife's Survival Games.  (Read 2407 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strife's Survival Games.
« on: February 16, 2010, 07:33:41 pm »

It's a somewhat serious topic.

I'll be running a new Survival game. Basic format will be taking actions and then writing up results. However, I think that I'm going to try to run more than one different event at once, so we may end up with a Zombie story and a trapped in wilderness story. They'd function independently. I think that it could work.

For now, I'm taking suggestions for scenarios, and characters. I recommend that you be specific with the character, becuase anyone can contribute actions, I'll choose one largely on the basis of what seems reasonable for the character to do.

For example, if the character was an obvious expy of myself, action requesting that I burn down Fargo are probably going to be ignored.

So, for now, any characters you'd like to see? Or situations that you'd like to see them in? I've got a few already planned, but I want to see what everyone can come up with. 
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strife's Survival Games.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 07:34:11 pm »

Current Status:

Crash:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Zombie Hunter:

Rapture?:

The Stories So Far:

Crash:

A Zombie Hunter:

Rapture?:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:26:03 pm by Strife26 »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 07:35:16 pm »

Look, it's the zefie tile!

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 07:51:13 pm »

Oooh, shiny.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 08:19:00 pm »

I'd say a unique situation with the zombies, perhaps somewhat intelligent zombies like in I Am Legend that can coordinate their actions to a certain degree. Ends up in either you hunt me or I hunt you scenario.

As for characters? How about your average joe, I keep seeing these ba characters or a group of average joes but how about one average joe who has to use his average civilian skills to stay alive and adapt.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 08:33:52 pm »

The grim mercenary stereotype. Sniper, probably, with a handmade, years-old ghillie suit. He's probably the best NPC fighter the team meets, but they'll have to cough up to get protection.

A weakling, maybe a puppy, who's essentially a useless Companion Cube - players bond with it so much they'll protect it even though it's not useful (Note: This will not happen. Your players will meet the puppy and eat it for food, then perform dark magicks with its bones)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 08:49:14 pm »

If you're considering a zombie roleplay, why don't you check out the City of the Damned setting? It's fairly fleshed-out.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 08:51:31 pm »

A weakling, maybe a puppy, who's essentially a useless Companion Cube - players bond with it so much they'll protect it even though it's not useful (Note: This will not happen. Your players will meet the puppy and eat it for food, then perform dark magicks with its bones)

He's got my vote... also i'm tempted to sig this. But is it that epic?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 09:07:34 pm »

I don't think so. It's sort of amusing, but it would be better if I had rephrased it.

Anyway, this is true. In this one game that I run, one of my players was fighting a guard when a civilian ran past him. He had 100 hp. The civilian had 10. He had the chance to shield the civilian from harm. He didn't, and the guard killed the civilian in one blow. Afterwards, I had his character jovially urinate in the civilian's corpse.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 09:10:16 pm »

Quote from: Cheddarius
I don't think so. It's sort of amusing, but it would be better if I had rephrased it.

Anyway, this is true. In this one game that I run, one of my players was fighting a guard when a civilian ran past him. He had 100 hp. The civilian had 10. He had the chance to shield the civilian from harm. He didn't, and the guard killed the civilian in one blow. Afterwards, I had his character jovially urinate in the civilian's corpse.

The civilian was wounded so bad he became an open, empty container.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 09:53:39 pm »

So we have an agreement on at least one pathetic character that can be abused in several ways.

What about the main characters though?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 09:56:03 pm »

In Alter Aeon, bodies are containers. You "take swag from corpse" or whatnot. It's cool.
Also you can sacrifice corpses to the dark gods of death for money

Main characters? People choose their characters, don't they?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 10:16:44 pm »

To prevent people from "killing the puppy," you could have an insanity level that goes up when you perform something awful like that, or when you're alone or whatever.
A puppy will prevent insanity from going past a certain point, but human contact can prevent it even better.
That way, you can be on the brink of going crazy, decide you want to sacrifice the puppy to dark gods, and not only will that make you more insane, but it'll also remove your insanity limiter.
But make sure that insanity has some actual drawbacks, like randomly flippin' the hell out or hoarding garden gnomes or something.

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 10:23:17 pm »

In Alter Aeon, bodies are containers. You "take swag from corpse" or whatnot. It's cool.
Also you can sacrifice corpses to the dark gods of death for money

Main characters? People choose their characters, don't they?

I'm not sure if Strife is providing characters that we control or if we make them ourselves, his choice.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 10:26:27 pm »

Hmmm, that's a good idea. What I did in my game was I had penalties, but they were hidden. For example, that civilian? I planned to make him a very powerful unit, quite difficult to make otherwise, if he was protected. And later, they beat up a scout. I planned for the scout, if he was allowed to live, to gratefully spy for them. They killed him too.
So yeah, I think the more visible meter, that shows them clearly the consequences of their actions, would be better.

Insane people should go into strange moods and make no-quality bombs.
Pages: [1] 2 3