Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Tacticus?  (Read 4594 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Tacticus?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 11:10:43 pm »

I am afraid I am not familiar with this book.
Would you care to elaborate on these rules good sir?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 11:17:41 pm »

they will use their spells to annihilate them upon any direct contact

Are you not thinking perhaps of a Transmuter? I remind you that a alchemist has no spells, and this one in particular has no Acid to use for such a feat.

Jolly good of you to save a seat for me, for now I shall only add the Necromorticide book to my hammerspace. Which clearly states that when introduced it allows its owner to place their Necromancer creature and a grave on opposing corners of the field and grants the ability to collect and maintain death points. I currently only anticipate using the 'Mwahahaa' and 'Bzzt' rules from the chapter '101 Uses for Death' and the following from 'Corpsemas':
 Animate Skeleton, Walking Corpse, Call Spirit, and Assemble Necrolem.
 I will also mention the 'MWAHAHAHAHAAA-gack-MWAHAHAHAHAAA' rule in case it comes up.

Can you further elaborate on these rules? simple though they may be it is a requirement for this particular game. At any rate my alchemist will move over to one of the gold blocks to try to take it down for workshop building purposes. Furthore more I shall close the door to the infernal cat maker.

+++++++++++
++O+++++AO++
++G++++++G++
++++++++++++
++++C+++++++
++Gc+c+++G++
++OWDW+++O++
+++WKW+++++N

Effects in Play:
 • Cat-Killer-Killer
 • RAM: 0 Death Points

Asumeing that the cat did indeed not die this should be the play space.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 12:21:05 am »

'Mwahahaa': Gain a death point when a living creature dies.
'Bzzt': Kill a small creature adjacent to a necromancer, gain a death point.
 Animate Skeleton: Spend one death point, turn a bone into a fast but weak skeleton.
 Walking Corpse: Spend two death points, turn a corpse into a slow but tough zombie.
 Call Spirit: Spend four death points, gain a ghost that can only interact with living creatures.
 Assemble Necrolem: Spend eight death points, convert a burial ground or battlefield into a large, nigh-unstoppable undead golem composed of corpses mashed together like putty.
'MWAHAHAHAHAAA-gack-MWAHAHAHAHAAA': Any living necromancer(or similar creature) may become a Lich upon death. Place a tomb upon the space it was in when it died and the Lich will reappear at this tomb whenever it dies in the future, until the tomb is destroyed.

Can you further elaborate on these rules?
My apologies, I thought that the hammerspace engine would automatically transmit all relevant rules to all players. I have included the abbreviated texts of the previously mentioned entries above.

I shall take this opportunity to move my Necromancer.

+++++++++++
++O+++++AO++
++G++++++G++
++++++++++++
++++C+++++++
++Gc+c+++G++
++OWDW+++O+N
+++WKW++++++

Effects in Play:
 • Cat-Killer-Killer
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 08:08:58 am »

Feel free to debate the legality of a move, but this does seem to be working out well enough.

Remember, the extra restrictions I described were mainly to avoid the later escalation of power. The other game shows a prime example of it, unfortunately.

Also, I encourage debate and elaboration of colours/characters. If theose Ws should be walls, I could use a proper character in my illustrations, for example. The characters available are all of DF's, though some I haven't drawn yet, like the archish one, but will draw as needed.
Eh?
Eh!

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 08:42:16 am »

Perhaps a key of numbers / colours could help newbies see what things are?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 11:13:59 am »

I changed my post a while back to say that the cats would multiply, but you could stop it by butchering them. Which would in turn level your dwarves and get them bone bolts.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 11:31:24 am »

My My chaps, the map seems quite perturbed! Allow me fix it my finely gentryed friends. Also at this time my alchemist shall make a alchemist workshop out of the gold pillar.

+++++§+!+++
++O+++!A++++
++G++++!+G++
+++++C++++++
++++CCC+++++
+GCC+C+++G++
++OWDW+++O+N
+++WKW++++++

Effects in Play:
 • Cat-Killer-Killer

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 11:39:19 am »

FFFF SOMEONE KILL OFF THOSE CATS
THEY'RE TOO HARDCORE

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 11:53:03 am »

As stated in the book "The Machinations of mages: Social Hierarchies of Magic" any game that contains more than one mage(in this case, the alchemist and the necromancer) must also contain an archmage. The archmage cannot be attacked by other mages, and can use any spell the other mages in the game know. His only weakness is that he is compelled to build a wizard's tower for himself, and will only leave if there is a significant magical disturbance(such as the death of another mage, the summoning of some large creature, etc.). I shall summon this archmage in the upper-right corner of the map.

+++++§+!++M
++O+++!A++++
++G++++!+G++
+++++C++++++
++++CCC+++++
+GCC+C+++G++
++OWDW+++O+N
+++WKW++++++

Effects in Play:
 • Cat-Killer-Killer
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2010, 12:04:38 pm »

My dear patrician it may be to late, they shall double every turn, and, I must remind you that it was you that out them on the board in a most ungentlemanly move. but on the other hand it was the blunder of Asmodeous that is letting them get out. My alchemist shall try to put a end to them but at the most he will only be killing three a turn and we have one cat to many for that at this point. Unless the next move kills four cats we shall start to loses ground.

For this I have a idea, my dear qwertyuiopas I am sure you know well the dangers of cats, if you relinquish control of your Rhodium guardian to me, WITHOUT making a move I can use them in conjecture with my alchemist to kill the cats.

Ninja-ed by dragnar.

Now it is to late.

+++++§+!++M
++O+++!A++++
++G++++!+G++
++++CCC+++++
+++CCCCC++++
+GCCCCC++G++
++OWDW+++O+N
+++WKW++++++

Effects in Play:
 • Cat-Killer-Killer

If the necromancer joins in it may in fact be possible to still pull this off. I demure to your judgment gentleman.

Also I would like to start a movement Vs RAM to increase by threefold the amount of death points used for each use of 'Bzzt' this will prevent a wall o death situation where you kill something you get a death point, you use that for a skeleton, than the skeleton kills something, getting you another skeleton.

On motion to increase cost of 'Bzzt':
All In Favor: 1
Criptfeind
All Opposed: 0
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:27:20 pm by Criptfeind »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2010, 12:40:18 pm »

OOC; Seeing as the rules of Tacticus are a little varied, I was hoping to get a group on Google Wave to make a set rulebook. If you want to help, PM me with your GMail address.

I agree on the vote.

+++++§+!++M
++O+++!A++++
++G++++!+G++
++++CCC++++&
+++CCCCC++++
+GCCCCC++G++
++OWDW+++O+N
+++WKW++++++

Effects in Play:
 • Cat-Killer-Killer
 • Armaggedon Nuke Timer: 20

I add in play an Armaggedon Nuke-The blue &. After 20 turns, it will blow up and kill all living things within 1d20 squares. If the bomb is disarmed BEFORE then, then we roll a 1d(20-ANT), where ANT is the Armaggedon Nuke Timer.

Handy thing, the TACTICUS BOOK OF AWKWARD ENDINGS.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2010, 12:46:55 pm »

Oh bugger.

+++++§+!++M
++O+++!A++++
++G+CCC!+G++
+++CCCCCC++&
+CCCCCCCC+++
+GCCCCCCCG++
+COWDWC++O+N
+++WKW++++++

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 12:51:45 pm »

As per the "Kill it with Magma" section of TACTICUS BOOK OF AWKWARD ENDINGS, I will now place a Magma-pipe terrain piece into play of equal size of the starting board piece and set [SHOW_FLOW_AMOUNTS:YES].

+++++§+!++M
++O+++!A++++
++G+CCC!+G++
+++CCCCCC++&
+CCCCCCCC+++
+GCCCCCCCG++
+COWDWC++O+N
+++WKW++++++
++++++++++++
++++7777++++
+++7777777++
+777777777++
++7777777+++
+++7777+++++
++++77++++++
++++++++++++

Effects in Play:
 • Cat-Killer-Killer
 • Armaggedon Nuke Timer: 18
 • [SHOW_FLOW_AMOUNTS:YES]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:53:26 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 12:58:23 pm »

I shall have to use the COMMON DEFENSE rule: Whenever all fractions are going to be overwhelmed by a Bio-hazard one player temparyly take over sed fractions for the purposes of containment. Hypothesized in The players guild to TACTICUS and stated in Horrors of War: Deadliest Biological Weapons of All Time I shall use:

My alchemist will take all the vials in him work shop and though them at the cats. The Guardians shall smash all they can. the necromancer shall summon five skeletons and they shall kill five more. and the mage shall cast fire ball killing six cats

+++++§+!++M
++O+++!A++++
++GZooo!+G++
+ZZCCCCCC++&
+CCCCCCCC+++
+GCCCCCCCG++
+COWDWCZZO+N
+++WKW++++++
++++++++++++
++++7777++++
+++7777777++
+777777777++
++7777777+++
+++7777+++++
++++77++++++
++++++++++++
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:03:36 pm by Criptfeind »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 12:59:27 pm »

I use a pass-play. This means that only statuses tick along.

Effects in Play:
 • Cat-Killer-Killer
 • Armaggedon Nuke Timer: 16

Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4