Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: My history class is awesome(gospel of armok added!!)  (Read 17054 times)

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
Re: My history class is awesome(gospel of armok added!!)
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2010, 10:23:02 pm »

That is... only slightly creepy. Good job, I think.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2010, 10:25:49 pm »

Only slightly?

Methinks it would be terrifying to any non-believer. Since it's, y'know, a baby being thrown into fire.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2010, 10:43:52 pm »

Only slightly?

Methinks it would be terrifying to any non-believer. Since it's, y'know, a baby being thrown into fire.

"And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of."

Just saying. ;)

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2010, 11:14:09 pm »

Only slightly?

"And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of."

Just saying. ;)
Well, Abraham never did actually set Isaac on fire, but I do see your point.

veerserif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2010, 12:34:23 am »

O.O This is awesome. I want to do something like that... And now I picture the OP standing on a table preaching to the masses, while the other tribes just stare at him. Maybe if his words are powerful enough he could convert other tribes? lol

Also, I showed one of my friends this thread, and now he's chasing people screaming BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. On reflection, it might have been a bad idea...

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2010, 05:36:08 pm »

Horses are the way to go but don't lag with other animals because things like Oxen can be quite helpful to. Once you have a good start on weapon making you need to have a group of warriors that are always out traveling as mercenary's. If the other groups use you instead of an actual army then when it comes time you will be able to completely obliterate them from either lack of actual combat experience or just a general lack of an army all together.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2010, 06:20:51 pm »

Akhier does have a sweet idea. If they are reliant on mercenaries from you, just the loss of them will be a big enough blow, but having them turn against your prey from the inside.. delicious.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2010, 10:20:17 pm »

So, last week a group with a fairly peaceful god sent a priest over to us to explain his religion.

get the results back this week, and guess what?

My tribe has fallen head-over-heels for armok, and while said priest found a few converts, most of the tribe believed he was evil, and he fled our village fearing for his life.
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2010, 10:43:21 pm »

So, last week a group with a fairly peaceful god sent a priest over to us to explain his religion.

get the results back this week, and guess what?

My tribe has fallen head-over-heels for armok, and while said priest found a few converts, most of the tribe believed he was evil, and he fled our village fearing for his life.

Win.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2010, 11:00:02 pm »

oh, and we recently signed a treaty of trade and mutual defense with another tribe. in addition to helping each other in war, we're exchanging goods. we're sending them cattle, and guess what they're sending us?

Beer. we'll have an army of drunken, fanatical, blood-loving warriors in no time.
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2010, 11:09:19 pm »

So... You're turning the innocent history class project into Dwarf Fortress?
Oh how I wish my history classes were this interesting, but no, we have to do research papers and pages upon pages of notes.

Saronsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2010, 11:13:43 pm »

This is what I need, to not fail my classes. Assignments like this. Oh man how awesome it would be.
Wiki is wrong, the Demon has no body part with the [FLIER] tag. He is borne aloft by the winds of his furious rage.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2010, 11:20:04 pm »

oh, and we recently signed a treaty of trade and mutual defense with another tribe. in addition to helping each other in war, we're exchanging goods. we're sending them cattle, and guess what they're sending us?

Beer. we'll have an army of drunken, fanatical, blood-loving warriors in no time.

"Madness? THIS... IS... SPAAAaaaaaaaaa..." *thump* gurgle...
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2010, 11:48:07 pm »

This is what I need, to not fail my classes. Assignments like this. Oh man how awesome it would be.

we have another final projest besides this. We have bto tear apart the arguements of a guy who says aliens made the Nazca Lines, the Pyramids, and all the ancient wonders of the world.

Have i mentioned that our tests and exams are open book, in exchange for having less time to do them?

This IS a college class, btw
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 11:51:34 pm by twwolfe »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2010, 11:51:06 pm »

Have i mentioned that our tests and exams are open book, in exchange for having less time to do them?

This IS a college class, btw

I hate you. Gimmie your classes :D
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8