Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: My history class is awesome(gospel of armok added!!)  (Read 17074 times)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: My history class is awesome...
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 12:04:57 am »

at the very ;east, worshiping such a god should convince people that we are total badasses

That makes me sad. ARMOK sacrifices should give you magmatic powers :D

Fixed that for you.

Just hope that your oppenents don't learn to farm on obsidian.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 12:08:43 am »

Incidentally, shouldn't your extremely advanced domestication satisfy most needs? You have beasts of burden, food beasts, and, presumably, war dogs. Certainly, these are less useful than dedicated technologies (wagons, agriculture, and armies, respectively) but they should generally be enough.

MoonLightBird

• Bay Watcher
  • Hothothothot!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 12:11:06 am »

You need them to make a mountain home and make sure they don't fish for carp!

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 12:19:19 am »

This is really funny... Sounds like a fun assignment. I wish I had one like that...
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 12:43:45 am »

Take advantage of your animal husbandry. The Mongols conquered most of their known world because their cavalry were so damn talented (among other reasons). Use trained war animals to subjugate the weaker tribes, steal their technology, and dump them in magma. Come on man, where's your beard?!
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325

Spaghetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 02:46:36 am »

we worship the carp as the sacred fish of battle.

i never played the first slaves to amok because when i started playing it it said

"you were born to blank and blank, at childhood you were CURSED BY THE GODS, at adulthood you were CURSED BY THE GODS." after wandering aimlessly i said F this im going to go mine for tetrahedryte.

Dragula

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 04:24:19 am »

Kill the other tribes. Now.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 04:27:19 am »

There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 05:26:51 am »

Secretly ally yourself with a nearby tribe. Then gang up on the weakest one in the class. Split the winnings. Become unstoppable. Then turn on you buddies during the last battle(Before they do).

Once the rest of the class realizes that you two have allied, then they will most likely sign a mutual defense agreement in an effort to preserve peace. They will never fully trust one another however, and that could be used to your advantage. Start having conversations with one of the weaseliest members of the alliance. Don't discuss the game, just make it look like you are. After a while the other alliance members will suspect that said tribe is talking with you, trying to join your side. Hopefully, if you play your cards right, this will reduce the alliance to paranoid bickering.

But this isn't the time to strike. If you attack one of them when the alliance is weak, all that it will do is strengthen their resolve. You will lose to the rhetoric of "This is what he would want us to do!" and quickly find you and your buddy fighting a war against a more determined foe.

Instead wait for the paranoia to subside. What will happen is a state of unspoken support. They think that their alliance will come to their aid in case of an attack, but they can;t be sure. Meanwhile, your period of peace will give them a chance to let their guard down. That is when you start striking weak targets again.

As for domestic issues, you have to gear your population towards aggression. Think Klingons. Get them drunk, get them rowdy, and get them breeding. Whoever makes it out of childhood should be a drinking, fighting, fucking machine. Make sure to establish an aristocracy in order to govern said rabble and encourage formation of clans and familial careers.

Good luck.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Dragula

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 05:49:29 am »

Think BORG.

Your tribe is one, governed by ARMOK.

Mm, borg theocracy.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 05:57:57 am »

We are ARMOK's Childeren
Prepare to join our tribe
Resistance is futile, magma will be apllied to destroy the resistance

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 07:14:01 am »

Someone has to make a game of this in the Games And Roleplaying Thread, I'm not good at organising.

rubberduck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 08:33:50 am »

Someone has to make a game of this in the Games And Roleplaying Thread, I'm not good at organising.
My thought too. A shame I have my hands full with my god game. Though still...

I'll have to think about it.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 05:37:10 pm »

Gift your neighboring tribes with breeding pairs of cats. Many of them.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 06:17:00 pm »

i know! let your civization research this in the order

Picks>Mining>Stronger Mining Shafts>destructive mechanisms
and dig out the ground under their village(s) and collapse it! easy as hell from my piont of view.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8