Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: RtB: Superhero Asylum! We have progress! Turn 1!  (Read 7219 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtB: Superhero Asylum! Finally underway, Turn 0!
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2010, 12:13:21 am »

So... if Backfire gets into this will they possess the ability to make insects mighty beyond all comprehension?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2010, 02:23:47 am »

*tumbleweed*
I know, I know, just let me wrap things up with the current events in Multiworld Madness (and RL, partially - the lack of a laptop is killing me, I gotta find a way to fix the dam thing!), and I'll get back here.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2010, 02:26:15 pm »

>_>

Not too press, but I still want to clown it up.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2010, 02:27:07 pm »

ARG! MAH HOPES HAVE ROLLERCOASTERED!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2010, 02:31:43 pm »

Shouldn't you be busy with the new DF?

I've got the turn mostly done, just need to pull myself together and finish it somehow.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2010, 02:37:28 pm »

Screw the new Df, im waiting for the NEWER DF, to be released when toady has done in with the nasty bugs. I hope.
Also the military screen is new and confusing and i don't like it.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2010, 03:01:26 pm »

Alright, I'm getting it done.

The extensive delay has let me think over the rules, and I decided that the game's main premise is a touch unfair, so you can, if you so wish, take a penalty to change your "mental state" to something else - specifically, minus 1 for every "grade", be it up or down. So, if you roll an Omnicidal Maniac, you can avoid causing harm if you agree to take a -2 penalty to your actions to be an Anti Hero for the turn.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2010, 03:29:41 pm »

Mmright, let's waddle on.

------------      
Turn 1      
------------      
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
------------      
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
----------------      ----------------
Gradopolis City Asylum for Superheroes. 10:25      

With their freedom regained and their destiny awaiting, the five heroes speed towards their goal on a rented minivan that's seen better days. There's a surprising amount of traffic on the bridge to the asylum - no less than two cars and one bicyclist could be seen heading to the island. Dismissing the occurence as signs of an early rush hour, the group rides towards to their first goal - the 32281st National Bank. Tingles the Clown stands on the roof of the vehicle, making disturbing faces at everyone he sees and causing minor public unrest.   

-We're finally here! This city is now under OUR control! Out of the way, villains!   

When the van stops, giving way to the annual Nuclear Physicist Grandmothers' Parade, The Brain notices several destroyed buildings, tells the driver not to wait for him, and promptly leaves the vehicle to investigate. The Swinger flails wildly, threatening the driver with bodily harm if he doesn't start moving and run over the passing parade, but the driver remains calm. Trained to handle such situations, he calmly reaches into his coat's pocket and suddenly stabs The Swinger in the leg with an auto-hypodermic. The Swinger immediately relaxes and falls back into his seat. As the last of the parade passes, trailing pools of mysterious ranbow liquids that immediately drain into the sewers, the van resumes its course and finally arrives at the Bank. There are almost a dozen policecars parked around the building, while gunshots are heard from within. Tingles jumps off the roof, and Neon Slash, The Swinger, and Hey You Guy disembark and look at the situation.   

-Well, it seems the robbery found us. Hey, could you... huh?   

Turning around to ask the driver a question, The Swinger finds that the van has driven off, faint trails of smoke disappearing into the distance.   

-Yeah. Thanks.   

Gradopolis City, intersection of Concave st. and 4th Circumference lane. 10:30      

Now separated from his accomplices, The Brain drives up to the destroyed buildings and probes the minds of the bystanders to find out what happened. Their excitement overflows his mind, and he's unable to gather a lot of information, but he does find out some details. A large humanoid made of stone has come through here recently, heading west along the Circumference lane, but suddenly disappeared after the four-story building he tried to tear through collapsed on him. There was nothing else The Brain could collect. Suddenly, he feels funny! His voice gains a higher pitch, and his thoughts start to wander - a definite sign of his alter ego gaining the upper hand in control of the body. With a swift motion, The Brain slams a hidden switch on the side of his chair, and the device begins rapidly transforming, hiding its technological splendour beneath the guise of a humble wheelchair. And then, unable to resist any longer, The Brain gives in.   

-Zot!   
------------      
Background:   [6]: The shootout in the bank doesn't appear to be between the police and the robbers — policemen are loitering around the outside of the building, casually devouring dozens of donuts and sipping coffee. Passerby also don't consider the robbery interesting, going about their business as if nothing is happening. It seems robberies are fairly bog-standard in this day and age. The front doors of the bank are busted, and upon closer inspection, so are some of the windows — as if someone has entered through them.   
------------      
Expected Behavior:      
  • Neon Slash:   [5]: The Messiah - go out of your way to help every possible person   
  • The Swinger:   [2+1]: Anti-Hero — do good things in an evil way, or vice versa.   
  • The Brain:   [6]: Destructive Savior - use excessive force in resolving any problem    
  • Tingles the Clown:   [1]: Omnicidal Maniac - kill things left and right without so much as a purpose   
  • «Hey You Guy»:   [1]: Omnicidal Maniac - kill things left and right without so much as a purpose   
------------      
Environment:   City. Morning. Warm southern wind.   
------------      
Free items:   None.   
------------      
Artifacts:   None yet.   
---------      
Locations:      
  • Asylum Grounds:   Peaceful park-like area on the island around the Superhero Asylum.   
  • 32281st National Bank:   Blocky yellow building with thick marble columns on the front. The main doors and some windows are broken. Police cruisers are clustered near the building, with policemen idling near them.   
  • Collapsed Building:   A four-story building levelled by somebody. Intersection of Concave and 4th Circumference.   
------------      
Hero Status:      
Quote from: Neon Slash (Nirur Torir) ===================================================
Health:   Unharmed.   
State:   Standing, Fine.   
Identity:   Known (Ted Frederickson)   
Spoiler: (Super)Abilities: (click to show/hide)
Equipment:   Neon Saber, Magnaboots, Supersuit.   
Spoiler: Inventory: (click to show/hide)
Encumbrance:   Light. No penalty.   
Quote from: The Swinger (Flintus10) ===================================================
Identity:   Known (Steve Krunk)   
Equipment:   Long-coat, Leopard Vest, Shades, Pants, Hat.   
Quote from: The Brain (Frelock) ===================================================
   Location: On the intersection of Concave and 4th Circumference.   
State:   Sitting in wheelchair, Fine. Personality: Pinky.   
Identity:   Known (Neal «Pinky» Flanal)   
Equipment:   Omnichair, goggles, labcoat, jeans, t-shirt.   
Quote from: Tingles the Clown (SHADOWdump) ===================================================
Identity:   Hidden (Frederick Bubkiss)   
Equipment:   Nose-O-Noise, Bag-O-Props, Clown Suit, Clown Boots.   
Quote from: «Hey You Guy» (dermonster) ===================================================
Identity:   Hidden (Derek Frunt)   
Equipment:   Tin Suit, Titanium Bar (right hand).   
===================================      
NPCs in Action:      
   None yet.   

Should be somewhat error-free.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2010, 03:35:40 pm »

Cackle and take most of the nitrogen in the immediate area and condense it heavily to form a temporary DBZ-esque Nimbus cloud thing. Use it to float into the bank.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtB: Superhero Asylum! We have progress! Turn 1!
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2010, 03:44:03 pm »

In the previous RTD, I was quick to point out possible horrible implications, but this time I'll just say that you'll have to cope with everything you do yourselves. Especially if science is involved.

edit: now that I look at it, with an Omnicidal Maniac roll that was probably intentional. Good job. :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 03:57:33 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2010, 03:51:58 pm »

Tingles hyperventilates, it might not be caramel but it's still grub, he runs into the collection of police squeeking his nose rampantly while devouring doughnuts and guzzling coffee right out of their hands.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2010, 08:53:27 pm »

I try to do a good deed (Help an old lady cross the street, cheer a hobo up, stop a baby carrage, etc.) and then I rush into the bank, looking for villains to peacefully arrest.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2010, 11:08:19 pm »

Oh boy, destructive savior.

Find a bunch of explosives, and use them to turn the building hiding the criminal into a fine rock mist.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2010, 02:18:11 am »

Snatch an officer and interrogate information about the robbery out of him.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2010, 04:44:46 am »

Just checking in to see how long it's been. Oh my, ten days. Better get something out quick.

In the meantime, gaze upon this sketchy rendition of turn 0 (and your characters, as well as I could make them out in this size)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6