Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: RtB: Superhero Asylum! We have progress! Turn 1!  (Read 7226 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtB: Superhero Asylum! (recruiting: 4 heroes needed)
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 09:30:55 am »

Questions:
What happens if I roll a {1} for my intelligence after somebody makes a negative comment about my outfit?
Could my regeneration get an aesthetic upgrade before the game starts, to also repair my suit and remove bloodstains? They're not very stylish.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2010, 09:38:15 am »

Nano-regeneration then? Works for me. Even better, provides a meta-reason for it not to work with liquids.

If somebody makes a negative comment on your outfit (don't go near shopping centers... really, don't), your first action for the turn will be to brutalize him/her/it, in addition to anything else you might have been planning. If you roll an Omnicidal Maniac as well, then the brutalizing will be only the beginning. Maybe you'll wield him/her/it as a weapon. Maybe something else. Depends on how lucky they are. If you roll The Messiah next turn, there's potential for hilarious dialogue.

(while holding the poor sap by the legs, upside down, covered in blood)
Neon Slash: -You seem hurt. Do you need help?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 10:02:25 am »

Great! Anyone who is lucky enough to survive commenting on my outfit will get a free psychological makeover!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RtB: Superhero Asylum! (processing entrants, waiting list open)
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 10:18:43 am »

A word on secret identities - notify me if you want them secret. This doesn't severely affect the game, just allows more plot hooks for me. So far, nobody except Tingles and possibly "YouGuy" have means to conceal their identities. Well, maybe The Brain as well, through telepathy (should be as simple as saying "I don't look the way you see me").

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 10:38:00 am »

Nonsense! With a suit this stylish, hiding my true identity from the world would just be shameful.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 11:54:06 am »

Actually i don't see why we would hide in the first place. we were in an insane asylum for who knows how long. we have no personal attachments ye- oh.

well then.

covered in a layer of tin IS a pretty good way to hide your face. except for the mouth, and eyes... and ears. and nose.

and anything else i may have forgotten.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 02:57:56 pm »

Alright, for appearance, we'll go with a labcoat for Brain, along with chemistry splash goggles.  Pinky gets the worn jeans and T-shirt hidden underneath the labcoat.

Looks generally like a normal person, though Pinky has a noticeable pink tinge to his skin (hence the nickname).  When Brain comes out, the head turns a dark shade of red from all the blood flow.

I should also probably note that the omnichair has a compartment for Pinky's wheelchair, and Brain can usually sense when Pinky's coming out, allowing time for him to hide the omnichair.  Because of the chair's special properties, Brain can summon it from wherever he's at.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 04:57:04 pm »

And a stereotypical clown outfit, I presume. Well enough. Specify "bag of props" a little so I can put it in the status.
Indeed, clown suit...

Bag of Props: a nearly backpack sized bag, quite colorful. Contents are balloons of various types and sizes, whizzers?, several styrofoam shapes, and a tiny tuba.
 Basically the bag of props is a 'pull random shit out' device.  You can dictate how much of each if necessary.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 05:07:33 pm »

If you want to be a "super"hero, have something "super". Let it be a "magic bag of props". You're a deranged clown fighting for justice, so you can open your backpack and produce anything that can be a circus prop out of it. Makes me do less counting, makes you more interesting to play with.
(I mean, really. Lightsaber-fencer, dancing gunslinger, telekinetic/telepath, elementokinetic... and a clown with bad breath)

Btw, should I do origin stories for anyone? Do we need them, at all? On one hand, that's unnecessary complication. On the other, gives more variety and can allow me to make the town... better structured.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 05:10:25 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 05:38:10 pm »

If you want to be a "super"hero, have something "super". Let it be a "magic bag of props". You're a deranged clown fighting for justice, so you can open your backpack and produce anything that can be a circus prop out of it. Makes me do less counting, makes you more interesting to play with.
Now we are talking! I thought you wanted me to nerf it.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 06:35:21 pm »

Well 'The Swingers' outfit is basically A purple Long-coat covering his leapord skin bullet proof vest, with a wide brimmed purple hat and sunglasses. His pants are black and tight.

'The Man' Refers mainly to the government and his dislike of enforced regulations.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 12:45:31 am »

Waiting list please!

Hero Alias: Phobos

Real Name: <generic lost amnesiac and/or spontaneously generated entity excuse>

Superpower(s): Super Intelligent/Inventor

Equipment:
 Fear Beam: Imparts the user's phobias on the victim.
 Halloween Costume: Appears to be whatever mythological creature the observer most fears.
 Glowing Pumpkin: Provides power to nearby equipment.

Weakpoint: Randomly develops and loses phobias, starts with:
 Sand desert biomes, Tombs, Pressure plates, Anhydrite, Hide root, and Ettins.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 04:07:13 pm »

I too shall join the waiting list.

Hero Alias: 31337 (pronounced "elite", comes from leet-speaks mush less idiotic origins)
Superpower(s): Technopath(hacks/builds hi-tech machines with his mind), can divert attention from himself thereby remaining unnoticed as long he avoids doing anything  blatantly suspicious.
Equipment:
"average" clothing- looks like an ordinary T-shirt and shorts, but is totally invulnerable(grants no protection though) and always fits in, even in places it should be out of place
cloaking device
simple ray-gun
Weakpoint: panics when he becomes the center of attention, powers temporarily disabled by spotlights
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

A_Big_Bear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 06:43:15 pm »

I would also like to join this game's waiting list.

Hero Alias: Optimus Prime
Superpower(s): Able to transform into a Semi truck, or a robot (basically just making mecanical and robot noises while removing his robe), Believes he is Optimus Prime
Equipment: white bathrobe, Optimus Prime mask
Weakpoint: Anything that can kill/injure Optimus Prime can kill/injure him, has basically no powers, giant magnets, and kittens
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:36:24 am by A_Big_Bear »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2010, 08:33:42 am »

Hmm, this sure does take some time to set up. Fear not, my retarded heroes, this adventure shall commence! Sometime soon. Just let me get this RL crap outta the way.. *shovels*

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6