Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legendary gets mood :/  (Read 1878 times)

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legendary gets mood :/
« on: February 14, 2010, 01:40:44 pm »

My miner and weaponsmith gets a mood, I get REALLY happy because I have yet to get a weapon/armor mood, I follow him as he goes to the workshops.
He claims a mason workshop, hmm, that's odd.
He makes a kaolinite millstone?  Weird.
I check his stats, (This wasn't a possession he got experience) none of the skills changed, the only legendary he had was mining, which he had before hand.

Did he get his mining up again?  Or what happened, I didn't think legendaries would get moods for something they were already legendary in.  :/  I was hoping for a weaponsmith...
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary gets mood :/
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 01:47:00 pm »

As far as I know, mining works as a masonry. Was he possessed? If yes, he gets no xp. In any case, if he was a legendary miner, he's got his mining up again... yup.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Arrkhal

• Bay Watcher
  • Who modded in these flying killer attack babies???
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 01:47:36 pm »

Completion of a non-possessed mood only grants XP, not a given number of skill levels.  So if he wasn't legendary +5 (the numbers aren't displayed in game) before, he likely is now.  He probably also got some more stats.  That's about it, though.

And mining is a moodable skill.  What skill gets mooded is just whatever is highest.
In development: Arrkhal's Material and Weapon balance
Please test and let me know what still needs fixing.  And get these freakin' babies offa me!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 01:54:35 pm »

Yeah, I didn't say about +5 because I am too used to it so I thought it's obvious :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 12:13:47 am »

Note that its allways the highest moodable skill that gets a mood. A proficient weaponsmith that is also an adept miner will get a miner mood. Its why my metalsmiths and other craftsdwarves never do much mining or masonry.

Oh yeah, also note that tanning is a moodable skill. That one got me suprised once, because its a near-useless skill. All other moodable skills are skills that affect some sort of item quality, the exceptions being cooking and siege engineering.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Anticipation

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 01:08:11 am »

On the plus side, this guy could kill an entire mountain with his +5 mining.
Reality is like a wasps nest, stay away and you won't get stung.

clc02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 02:17:39 pm »

You strike the earth!
The rock flies off in a bloody arc!
The earth gives in to pain.

Well thanks for that, now I'll have to find some other skill I don't use a lot and put it on them when I start off.
Only in dwarven culture is alcohol poisoning a death worthed investigating, while being impaled through several toes, a eye, and a thumb from a spiraling water[3] is not.  Because everyone knows, the only way a dwarf could get alcohol poisoning is if someone put poison into the alcohol.

TheDJ17

• Bay Watcher
  • [SWAG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 03:18:29 pm »

You strike the earth!

I'm gonna sig this, mmkay?
The spinning =<*Free Form Jazz*>= strikes the Poster in all the senses, ya' dig, utterly blowing the mind!
The Status Quo has been struck down!

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 03:28:48 pm »

Actually, skills level up indefinitely. Take Captain Ironblood for example.

You can check your skill levels by using Dwarf Companion.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 04:20:17 pm »

But Legendary+5 is the last meaningful skill level.  Legendary+6 and above grant no additional benefits to his ability at that skill.  The only thing you get are extra stats and those have no soft cap.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 05:03:25 pm »

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure a Legendary +63 Miner will do more work (dig more in a given time) than a Legendary +5 Miner. Same with all the other skills.

Anticipation

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 12:37:42 am »

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure a Legendary +63 Miner will do more work (dig more in a given time) than a Legendary +5 Miner. Same with all the other skills.

http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Experience

At the bottem of the gaining skills heading.

Although skill is capped at Legendary+5, experience is not capped at any level; a dwarf can keep gaining attributes by using a skill that has long since topped out.

You strike the earth!

That's DEFINATLY how I'm going to imagine it from now on, I find woodcutting to be a quick skill (assuming that you have enough trees to make it to ledgandary...)
Reality is like a wasps nest, stay away and you won't get stung.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 12:48:03 am »

True this, though its not because of the mining being above legendary +5, but due to the agility stats they get from that. It makes them do stuff faster, including mining. It also makes them move faster, so they spend less time walking bewteen designations.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!