Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44

Author Topic: Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise  (Read 96629 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia IX, Day Three: Broken balance
« Reply #480 on: March 09, 2010, 06:51:01 am »

Sorry, still don't have a lot of time to post...

Webadict, we're still waiting for your list.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 09, 2010, 08:52:35 am »

You're not waiting for my list because I already posted it. Don't give me that crap. You've also said this before as well, even though I had posted the list RIGHT before then.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 09, 2010, 09:59:04 am »

If I had the goddamn time to sit here all day, I would. I knew I'd be pressed for time if I joined this game, but I figured you'd rather have someone willing to talk than a lurker. My internet is a few hours in the evening, most of which is taken up by managing I//S//E, and the few minutes I can get on the sides between classes and work.

This day isn't ending soon (as far as I know), and if it is we'll extend for as long as we need to. Finding scum is a lot harder and more time consuming, but I've been reading you during our little exchange as well.

As far as the claiming - I didn't know we WERE claiming. I know you did, and quinnr did a long time ago, but I didn't know it was part of some organized plan.

I'm the Wanderer.

Anyways, I'm gonna be late for class and have to check my other games still.

Siquo: I don't have a lot of time to post either, but you don't see me sitting here making two line posts. Where have you been, why have you been lurking so heavily during lylo, and what are YOUR suspicions?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 09, 2010, 11:07:41 am »

A wanderer on his way somewhere ...or perhaps running from something? Even putting your claim aside, your argument seems to be reactive and desperate, reaching wildly for faults or chinks in Webadicts well-reasoned argument. I can't commit to agreeing with him until I've been able to review the things you and he have done prior to now in context, but if I had to choose, my gut says you'd be the Villain.

"As for what I'm doing here, I'm an old Gardener of sorts. Given these last grim days, I don't feel it's the time or place for a metaphysical discussion. Suffice it to say, I spend my springs and summers growing and tending flowers here at the cathedral, and with little else to do at my age I tend to linger here during the winter, tending to a flower that blooms and withers all year round."
(Synopsis: I'm an old Gardener)

Also, Siquo and Quinnr really need to have a chat with everyone. A lurk-team waiting for either Web or Glyph to get enough votes to hammer would be really funny... and unfortunate.

As such, Quinnr, if you had to vote right now, who would you vote for and why?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 09, 2010, 01:17:21 pm »

So... Solifuge.

You think I'm doing all these scummy things, and that I'm scum... but you aren't attacking me? Your just vaguely agreeing with Webadict?

Tell me why you think Webadicts argument is so well reasoned. And we haven't really done many things prior to now, because we both replaced in today (though feel free to go back and provide analysis of our previous players interactions).

Also,
but if I had to choose, my gut says you'd be the Villain.
This is scummy as all hell. Commit and apply some pressure. If I'm scum, having two people on me providing arguments is a lot more likely to get me to break - unless you think I've already broken, it which case you wouldn't have to hedge with statements like "but if I had to choose". You shouldn't be going with your gut at this point - you should be finding some evidence, or attacking people to get it.

So, Solifuge, what took you so long to ask a question, to cast a suspicion?
Why are you going for Quinnr (and just Quinnr) if you think I'm the one who's acting scummy?
Is there anyone in your mind who is almost definitely town? Almost definitely scum? Who?

Moving on to the other scum...
Webadict:
Do YOU think Solifuge is scum? I mean, otherwise, you wouldn't be telling me "Why aren't you looking at him?!?!" You'd be finding evidence. Finding SCUM. You're not. You're sitting here complaining. I can't help you there.
Because I wasn't trying to get reactions from him at the time, I was trying to get reactions from you. I didn't think he was scum - then (though I thought there were good reasons to attack him, and still do, and would have if I had more time). I wasn't sitting around with him making small talk while other people were busy, waiting for the person I wanted to lynch to show up.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 09, 2010, 01:17:46 pm »

So, webadict:
Do you think solifuge is town? Why?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 09, 2010, 01:32:29 pm »

Glyph, you are trying way too hard. Judging by your words, everyone is Scum then? You're only reacting to people suspicious of you, and not  hunting with any focus. Why is that?

The reason I'm not pressuring you is because:

1) I don't have to, since Web is doing a fine job, and in so doing revealing his own character as well... which I'd rather not interfere with.

2) We have silent people. Silent people are as insidious a threat as any, as Town players would agree, since scum could easily just sit back and let you and Web maul one another until they can hammer.

3) I haven't gotten a chance to read into the differences between current players, and the players we are replacing. I'm operating only off of knowledge from today, and that sees you being full of defensive, reactive OMGUS suspicions, random questions flying without any targetted goal, and veritably frothing at the mouth as you practically denounce all players scum.

You have no defenses, nor offenses. You're just trying to survive, and deflect suspicion. Your panic is palpable.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 09, 2010, 01:35:28 pm »

In case of "confusion" about my words: You have no focused suspicions. Just mercurial ones, as you flail at whoever calls you on scum tells with every random thing you can think of.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 09, 2010, 01:36:56 pm »

So, webadict:
Do you think solifuge is town? Why?
Better question: Are you really calling Solifuge out on lurking as opposed to quinnr and Siquo? Like, screw that, Glyph. You don't even TOUCH on Siquo. Like you went OUT OF YOUR WAY to accuse everyone but Siquo. Everything you do is just making you scummier and you straight-up REFUSE to believe any of it. You're trying your best to point at everyone but yourself (And Siquo.)

It's Siquo and GlyphGryph. Game over. Seriously, you're not giving any thought to your answers, and you're throwing accusations like Frisbees. You're also accusing the doctor WITHOUT any counterclaim, which is stupid, since if I were going to pull that crap, I'd pull the Double Doctor Gambit that none of you have ever heard of.

So... Solifuge.

You think I'm doing all these scummy things, and that I'm scum... but you aren't attacking me? Your just vaguely agreeing with Webadict?

Tell me why you think Webadicts argument is so well reasoned. And we haven't really done many things prior to now, because we both replaced in today (though feel free to go back and provide analysis of our previous players interactions).

Also,
but if I had to choose, my gut says you'd be the Villain.
This is scummy as all hell. Commit and apply some pressure. If I'm scum, having two people on me providing arguments is a lot more likely to get me to break - unless you think I've already broken, it which case you wouldn't have to hedge with statements like "but if I had to choose". You shouldn't be going with your gut at this point - you should be finding some evidence, or attacking people to get it.

So, Solifuge, what took you so long to ask a question, to cast a suspicion?
Why are you going for Quinnr (and just Quinnr) if you think I'm the one who's acting scummy?
Is there anyone in your mind who is almost definitely town? Almost definitely scum? Who?

Moving on to the other scum...
Webadict:
Do YOU think Solifuge is scum? I mean, otherwise, you wouldn't be telling me "Why aren't you looking at him?!?!" You'd be finding evidence. Finding SCUM. You're not. You're sitting here complaining. I can't help you there.
Because I wasn't trying to get reactions from him at the time, I was trying to get reactions from you. I didn't think he was scum - then (though I thought there were good reasons to attack him, and still do, and would have if I had more time). I wasn't sitting around with him making small talk while other people were busy, waiting for the person I wanted to lynch to show up.
You weren't trying to get reactions. You were trying to persuade others. That means you have no evidence and therefore aren't trying to find scum but, rather, find buddies. You still continue to do as such and likely will keep doing so until you are horribly lynched.

In case of "confusion" about my words: You have no focused suspicions. Just mercurial ones, as you flail at whoever calls you on scum tells with every random thing you can think of.
Beat me to the punch!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 09, 2010, 01:55:25 pm »

You're also accusing the doctor WITHOUT any counterclaim, which is stupid, since if I were going to pull that crap, I'd pull the Double Doctor Gambit that none of you have ever heard of.

Behold, fools, it is I, Webadict! Wizard-King of all Mafiadom! I have mastered arcane secrets... ancient techniques unearthed from the eldest records of Mafiascum, once employed by the Mafia God-Kings. Mine are techniques so omnipotent, so inneffable, so unthinkable, as to drive lesser minds to madness. Mine are secrets more fell and terrible than you can possibly imagine. With a word, heads will spin, minds will warp... the very fabric from which the cosmos are formed will shred and tear, and all shall quiver at my feet, begging that I spare them!

Beat me to the punch!

Oh wait. :3

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 09, 2010, 02:02:26 pm »

You're also accusing the doctor WITHOUT any counterclaim, which is stupid, since if I were going to pull that crap, I'd pull the Double Doctor Gambit that none of you have ever heard of.

Behold, fools, it is I, Webadict! Wizard-King of all Mafiadom! I have mastered arcane secrets... ancient techniques unearthed from the eldest records of Mafiascum, once employed by the Mafia God-Kings. Mine are techniques so omnipotent, so inneffable, so unthinkable, as to drive lesser minds to madness. Mine are secrets more fell and terrible than you can possibly imagine. With a word, heads will spin, minds will warp... the very fabric from which the cosmos are formed will shred and tear, and all shall quiver at my feet, begging that I spare them!

Beat me to the punch!

Oh wait. :3
What? I would.

Besides, that's ony a small portion of my argument.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 09, 2010, 02:05:40 pm »

Are you really calling Solifuge out on lurking as opposed to quinnr and Siquo? Like, screw that, Glyph. You don't even TOUCH on Siquo.

Siquo: I don't have a lot of time to post either, but you don't see me sitting here making two line posts. Where have you been, why have you been lurking so heavily during lylo, and what are YOUR suspicions?

I'll admit I haven't attacked quinnr about it - and thats becuase I'm pretty damn sure quinnr is town.

You weren't trying to get reactions. You were trying to persuade others.
Evidence? Why the hell would I attack the "doctor" at lylo if I was just trying to persuade people to lynch him? No, I attacked you because despite what you said, I thought you may very well be scum.

Glyph, you are trying way too hard. Judging by your words, everyone is Scum then? You're only reacting to people suspicious of you, and not  hunting with any focus. Why is that?
Judging by my words, Quinnr is town, and two of you/webadict/Siquo is town.

And I'm late for class I just realized, so I'm out.
I probably won't be on until later tonight, 9pm EST or later.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 09, 2010, 02:18:14 pm »

What? I would.

Besides, that's ony a small portion of my argument.

All in fun, my good man. As though it wasn't hugely apparent, I am quite rarely serious. I'm not even serious about the veneer of egotism I use to make a self-depricating joke.

It's like Ironic meta-sillyness. I'm hip like that.

Anywho, I'm really looking forward to hearing from our silent compatriots. So much that a lynch vote may be in order. I shall give them until the setting of the sun to speak, before casting my vote against them.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 09, 2010, 06:16:58 pm »

You're not waiting for my list because I already posted it. Don't give me that crap. You've also said this before as well, even though I had posted the list RIGHT before then.
(looks back) Oh yeah, three pages back, you did. sry bout that lil prod then.
Still no time to chat, though.

My flavour role is Priest.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 09, 2010, 06:18:15 pm »

(looks back) Oh yeah, three pages back, you did. sry bout that lil prod then.
Still no time to chat, though.

My flavour role is Priest.
Right-o. Who should we lynch, Siquo?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44