Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44

Author Topic: Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise  (Read 96552 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia IX, Day Two: Bloody Water and Seven Lights
« Reply #285 on: February 20, 2010, 07:21:12 pm »

Alright, see ya soon :D

Where is everybody?

Well, Vector's writing the mod update, but I don't know about everyone else.  I might have scared them off with last night's round of PMs >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 20, 2010, 08:52:47 pm »

Votecount

quinnr [1] - SirBayer
SirBayer [4] - Siquo, Halmie, spitfire684, quinnr

Not voting: HFS

A sidenote: day shortenings will generally be difficult to come by (unless you're actually cutting off a full day, though you can feel free to still request them).  This is because my schedule is suddenly going to include massive amounts of intensive mathematical study per day (I will be holed up in the math library to keep myself away from distractions), so that I will only be online for a few hours in the evenings/early morning.

Please also note that I'm generally lax about prodding, so they will generally be on request only.  If HFS does not post by Sunday evening/early Monday, however, I will issue one.

"They spoke at length that morning, of life and death and mourning," says Dakarian.  "They spoke in whispers of what had come and what had gone, and it was as though Org the Leper's desperate words still resounded in their eager ears.  They thought and remembered and listened."

"They filled their overeager hearts with his malformed ravings, and the villains among them played upon their greatest fears.  They absorbed those careful, soft-spoken words like the finest claret wine, knowing not that what they sipped was poison," says Pandarsenic.  "They swallowed sincerity as though it would stuff their aching maws."

"It had been but one day," says Dakarian, "but most were poor.  They were thin and hungry, and pried the Eucharistic Hosts from the monstrances at the altar--but insubstantial wafers cannot fill an empty stomach."

"It had been but one day," says Pandarsenic with a smile.  "They were ravenous, and thought of the men they had thrown down the stairs--but insubstantial dreams cannot fill an empty stomach."

Pandarsenic glances at Vektor's white face, and adds: "If only they had had some cats.  Some fat little animals they could slaughter alive to keep their groaning innards warm.  Then maybe they wouldn't be so cold.  Then maybe they wouldn't be so hungry.  Then maybe they would not have to see each other's hollowed cheeks and empty eyes."

"Please," says Aureliusz Vektor, swallowing, "please tell what happened next."

"In their hunger, they were still careful in their judgments," says Dakarian.  "They did not kill thoughtlessly.  They looked for the evil and cruel-hearted among them."

"In their hunger, they were still careful in their judgments," says Pandarsenic.  "They did not kill thoughtlessly.  They looked for the young and fat among them."

Pandarsenic glances at Vektor's shaking, snowburned hands, and adds: "Do you think you would be a better man, if you were starving?"

"Pandarsenic lies," says Dakarian.  "They were good and honorable men, weren't they?"

"Not at a--"

"They were good and honorable men, strong of heart and gentle of mien.  Their bravery shall be told throughout many lands, their virtue known to all.  They were towers of strength against the whirlwinds of the world, souls lily-white--and each surely ascended to heaven in his passing."

"And were they such men?" asks Vektor.  Dakarian cannot meet his eyes.  "Do not lie for the peace of my thoughts.  Tell only the truth."

"They lived in a flicker between light and darkness," says Dakarian.  "The morality of our circumstances did not apply.  They chided each other for being too gentle.  They chided each other for being too kind.  Each of them wanted only to live, and in ensuring that life they ensured that others died."

"They lived in a flicker between dank despair and unbridled hope," says Pandarsenic.  "Their morality forgotten, they fought and hunted each other like wolves.  They abandoned clean logic for the tremulous caprices of the heart.  When we left them, they were less than human."

Apologies to the Donner Party, Joseph Conrad, and my gentle readers.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 20, 2010, 11:40:13 pm »

So, the night went by without HFS answering the prod...
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 21, 2010, 12:05:21 am »

I'm back. Internet trouble, need I say more?

Looking over this thread, SirBayer.

Can't elaborate because I don't know how much time I have until my internet fails again.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 21, 2010, 04:55:47 am »

So, the night went by without HFS answering the prod...

He was not prodded.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 21, 2010, 08:02:55 am »

spitfire684, just asking one question to someone and then sit back and respond with lame "oh yeahs?" is 1. not helping and 2. a pretty damn convenient method not to be noticed. What are your opinions on every player here?

Requoting myself here because spitfire either ignored the question or didn't see it.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 21, 2010, 08:46:14 am »

Sorry I didn't answer the question, was arguing with Sirbayer. And I think this would be a good time to answer.

Squio: Day 1, he was one of the few who scumhunted the least (although apparently I am also guilty of this). Is starting to scumhunt now in Day 2 however, only after Halmie pointed this out however. Slight chance of scum.
Sirbayer: Going all out on one player and then giving up all of a sudden when someone goes against him, unusual behavior. Most Possibly scum buddying with town.
Quinnr: Hard to read at this moment but feeling more scummy since he is now bandwagoning onto the Sirbayer vote with little evidence, scum bandwagon possibly.
HFS: Similar to Quinnr, although he has his excuses. Still a bandwagon and also possible scum. Had a faint idea that Quinnr+HFS are scum team but I doubt that is true, since Sirbayer is the most likely suspect.
Halmie: Getting town tells from him, logical and also backs up votes with evidence, also scum hunts.
Jaaswb: Also one who is hard to tell, not sure about him at the moment.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 21, 2010, 09:20:27 am »

Hmmm... We have a bit of a bandwagon on us.

JaaSwb seems to be avoiding bandwagons no matter how scummy the wagonee looks.
Spitfire is looking more like town but could just be distancing himself from Bayer.
Siquo is getting round to scumhunting, I'll be watching him, aswell as everyone else.
HFS and Quinnr are on the wagon, not much to say apart from that.
Bayer hasn't defended himself yet so my vote stays.
Halmie is tired and needs to go to bed.
Meh.

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 21, 2010, 12:12:56 pm »

Okay, let's see if I'm in more of a state to post now. Not as long as I promised, but it'll do for now.

What I've been saying most of day one, while pulling my hair out in frustration, is that I never saw how Org was being any more scummy than he normally is. The hyperactivity was peculiar, but I haven't seen him do that as scum either.

You're burning a strawman here, Halmie, and it shows. Might I ask where you were when everyone was hating on the leper? Standing by the sidelines of course, making no noise.

Brief impressions of other players, because I'm short on time. More later.
-Halmie is hard to read with his long absence. Applying pressure.
-Spitfire is starting to look town, considering BM7. Not off the hook yet though.
-Siquo wasn't hunting all that much day 1, seems to be getting more in today, but only after people started to notice. Already being pressured.
-HFS and quinnr seem to be riding the Bayer wagon with little reasoning, similar to their conduct day 1. Demand reasoning. Probably not a scumteam, not with Pandar as IC.
-Bayer is starting to look more town with his reaction to the lynch. Will wait for his response to the votes. Tunneled like something fierce d1, now softhunting - will attempt to find something on his meta.
The fish are watching.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 21, 2010, 04:16:33 pm »

... A reminder: unvote before revoting.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 21, 2010, 07:11:54 pm »

He hadn't voted yet.

Okay, let's see if I'm in more of a state to post now. Not as long as I promised, but it'll do for now.

What I've been saying most of day one, while pulling my hair out in frustration, is that I never saw how Org was being any more scummy than he normally is. The hyperactivity was peculiar, but I haven't seen him do that as scum either.

You're burning a strawman here, Halmie, and it shows. Might I ask where you were when everyone was hating on the leper? Standing by the sidelines of course, making no noise.

Org was scummy looking. It is almost impossible to scum hunt when every second post is "YOU ARE SO STUPID FOR VOTING ME GET YOUR VOTE OFF NOW!" If that's not scummy I don't know what is. Especially since he had done similar votes to other people to see their reactions.

As for lurking day 1: Yes I did, I'm sorry, but if you look at my day 2 posts I am trying to make up for it.
Meh.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 21, 2010, 07:14:33 pm »

He hadn't voted yet.

... Everyone is blending together!  What is this madness?!

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 22, 2010, 11:29:35 am »

I'm back. Internet trouble, need I say more?

Looking over this thread, SirBayer.

Can't elaborate because I don't know how much time I have until my internet fails again.

...do I even have to say anything about this?

quinnr does the exact same thing.

Alright, I'm back, and I've read everything I missed.

SirBayer, I didn't really have time to read through everything, and I wanted to let you all know I might be inactive over the next day.

Don't worry, it all makes sense to me now. I mean, you gotta "attack" your scumbuddy at least once to unsuspect any "buddy-activity", right?
This, it's a common tactic, and I am starting to suspect SirBayer on it.

Pops in ONLY WHEN CALLED, declares that, thanks to other people's reason, someone is scum (me in this particular case), and refuses to explain further. Only when called does he begin to complain about the town's problems.

Yes people do break. But spitfire didn't. You hardly pushed spitfire and now you say you cleared him?

It was a first day, you can't conclude your attacks in just one day. I am the sort of person who likes to build up on thier evidence before they begin thier accusations. Attacking someone with little evidence would be... quite scummy.

This my friend is not breaking point. It might of been for Org this game but Org is... Org.

Either you're scum buddying upto townies or scum protecting your scum partner.

Spitfire is looking more like town but could just be distancing himself from Bayer.

This is contradiction. You are contradicting yourself within pages. This is insanely LAME contradiction. At least try to hide it, Halmie.

And if you AGREE with my point that he's town, and you're voting me because I stopped voting him, why are you still voting for me?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 22, 2010, 08:40:03 pm »

Wait a second. Wait one bloody second, that is actually hilarious.

Alright, I'm back, and I've read everything I missed.

SirBayer, I didn't really have time to read through everything, and I wanted to let you all know I might be inactive over the next day.

Don't worry, it all makes sense to me now. I mean, you gotta "attack" your scumbuddy at least once to unsuspect any "buddy-activity", right?
This, it's a common tactic, and I am starting to suspect SirBayer on it.
Bold added for emphasis

ahahahahahahahahaha
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 22, 2010, 09:07:01 pm »

The mod is about to faint, but if you want extensions then you need 3p.  By the way.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44