Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44

Author Topic: Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise  (Read 96570 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia IX, Day Two: Bloody Water and Seven Lights
« Reply #270 on: February 19, 2010, 06:15:04 pm »

Actually, it is.  ;)

Sorry I haven't been on much, RL issues  :-[
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 19, 2010, 06:32:08 pm »

Hm.

Unvote since I forgot to do that earlier.

Quinnr, if you had the opportunity to get on now, why didn't you say something about what you think about it?

Just being present isn't enough.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 19, 2010, 07:03:44 pm »

It was a first day, you can't conclude your attacks in just one day. I am the sort of person who likes to build up on thier evidence before they begin thier accusations. Attacking someone with little evidence would be... quite scummy.
Actually I quite disagree. I excuse you for day 1 as Org went crazy and I went lurky. But still. Start attacking, votes add pressure, accusations multiply it.

Unvote, SirBayer why tunnel on spitfire for a few seconds before dropping the case in mid scumhunt to pursue something else? Org broke easily, don't expect it to happen to everyone.
Meh.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 19, 2010, 07:21:10 pm »

It was a first day, you can't conclude your attacks in just one day. I am the sort of person who likes to build up on thier evidence before they begin thier accusations. Attacking someone with little evidence would be... quite scummy.
Actually I quite disagree. I excuse you for day 1 as Org went crazy and I went lurky. But still. Start attacking, votes add pressure, accusations multiply it.

Unvote, SirBayer why tunnel on spitfire for a few seconds before dropping the case in mid scumhunt to pursue something else? Org broke easily, don't expect it to happen to everyone.

...I dropped it because he broke town.

You stop hunting someone when you know they're town.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 19, 2010, 07:31:11 pm »

Spitfires meta... really, just look at all of his posts. It's 4 pages, can be scanned within one minute, and all posts are of BM7 and BM9. For someone who values meta that much, you only seem to use it when it suits you.

Quote from: Siquo
SirBayer, you aren't picking targets by meta, even if you claim to do so.
You don't need to focus on multiple players, one at a time is
You know who your targets are.
You know who should be lynched.
You only need to shout "I would highly encourage everyone here to join me", because you need other players as well.
You already know who is town and who isn't.

Also: What is... any of this? Any of it?
Your behaviour and how it snugly fits scum actions. Yeah, Org broke down. And he was town. But that was the general idea, right? Anyone who breaks down must be scum, therefore just pound on them until they do break down, and everyone else will vote for them as well.

You, sir, know what targets to pick because you are scum. And since you switched targets so easily, as was noticed before:

spitfire684, just asking one question to someone and then sit back and respond with lame "oh yeahs?" is 1. not helping and 2. a pretty damn convenient method not to be noticed. What are your opinions on every player here?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 19, 2010, 07:45:05 pm »

He didn't break town, he wasn't a tenth of the way to breaking either way.
Meh.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 19, 2010, 07:47:23 pm »

One game is not enough to pick up on a meta.

Wrong.  By the way.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 19, 2010, 07:48:02 pm »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 19, 2010, 08:01:13 pm »

Spitfires meta... really, just look at all of his posts. It's 4 pages, can be scanned within one minute, and all posts are of BM7 and BM9. For someone who values meta that much, you only seem to use it when it suits you.

Quote from: Siquo
SirBayer, you aren't picking targets by meta, even if you claim to do so.
You don't need to focus on multiple players, one at a time is
You know who your targets are.
You know who should be lynched.
You only need to shout "I would highly encourage everyone here to join me", because you need other players as well.
You already know who is town and who isn't.

Also: What is... any of this? Any of it?
Your behaviour and how it snugly fits scum actions. Yeah, Org broke down. And he was town. But that was the general idea, right? Anyone who breaks down must be scum, therefore just pound on them until they do break down, and everyone else will vote for them as well.

You, sir, know what targets to pick because you are scum. And since you switched targets so easily, as was noticed before:

spitfire684, just asking one question to someone and then sit back and respond with lame "oh yeahs?" is 1. not helping and 2. a pretty damn convenient method not to be noticed. What are your opinions on every player here?

I shouldn't have to repeat myself. I use meta when it's appropriate, and when I know something about the player. I don't know Spitfire well enough to use meta on him, so I don't try. Does this make sense to you yet?

I am convinced Spitfire is not scum. So I'm moving on. Does this make sense to you?

He revealed alignment. Go over that, think about it, and realize that he's a townie. A new townie, but a townie. It's simple.
Rules are for suckers.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 19, 2010, 08:30:59 pm »

I shouldn't have to repeat myself. I use meta when it's appropriate, and when I know something about the player. I don't know Spitfire well enough to use meta on him, so I don't try. Does this make sense to you yet?
In this case it was easy to come by and appropriate. So no, it does not make sense to me, at all. Especially since it was apparently so appropriate when you were getting a townie lynched.

I am convinced Spitfire is not scum. So I'm moving on. Does this make sense to you?
Don't worry, it all makes sense to me now. I mean, you gotta "attack" your scumbuddy at least once to unsuspect any "buddy-activity", right?

He revealed alignment. Go over that, think about it, and realize that he's a townie. A new townie, but a townie. It's simple.
.... Ok. Thought about it. What is "revealed alignment", and where did he do any of that? And where on earth do you get the idea that any conclusion you draw, is the conclusion everyone should draw? Your tone, attitude, and "Just because, don't let me repeat nonsense, wait, I'll do it some more, does that make sense to you?" answers are really not getting you anywhere. They're getting me somewhere though.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 19, 2010, 08:56:55 pm »

Yes people do break. But spitfire didn't. You hardly pushed spitfire and now you say you cleared him?

This my friend is not breaking point. It might of been for Org this game but Org is... Org.

Either you're scum buddying upto townies or scum protecting your scum partner.
Meh.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 20, 2010, 04:02:36 am »

This my friend is not breaking point. It might of been for Org this game but Org is... Org.

Either you're scum buddying upto townies or scum protecting your scum partner.
If its one of those, I guess it has to be the first choice. It made me wonder as well, as soon as Pandarsenic joined in the discussion, that was when SirBayer broke off from the attack, when he had someone going against him. Thats another reason why I suspect him. Im guessing today is still 'scumhunting' and voting without much thought seems to still apply now so...
Unvote
Vote SirBayer for now untill I am certain.
Also earlier, when you said I was doing a 'OMGUS' but according to Pandarsenic I was not actually saying 'OMGUS', I would be quite confused if you did see that I was. And what you saying earlier, Sirbayer was hardly any different to what I was saying.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 20, 2010, 12:59:50 pm »

Alright, I'm back, and I've read everything I missed.

SirBayer, I didn't really have time to read through everything, and I wanted to let you all know I might be inactive over the next day.

Don't worry, it all makes sense to me now. I mean, you gotta "attack" your scumbuddy at least once to unsuspect any "buddy-activity", right?
This, it's a common tactic, and I am starting to suspect SirBayer on it.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 20, 2010, 05:38:02 pm »

I just finished reading this thread for the fourth time, after examining everyone's post history. I've been very busy IRL with family stuff, and I'm much too tired and frustrated and temporarily-depressed to be playing right now.

I'll be going to bed now. I'll be back in 10-12 or 18-20 hours depending on how things are tomorrow and get a good long post in.
The fish are watching.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 20, 2010, 07:12:10 pm »

Alright, see ya soon :D

Where is everybody?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 44