Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44

Author Topic: Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise  (Read 96596 times)

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia IX, Day Two: Bloody Water and Seven Lights
« Reply #255 on: February 19, 2010, 04:44:33 pm »

There is diplomcy, if there wasn't then there will be no sides, no mafia or town. It would be a free-for-all.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 19, 2010, 04:45:22 pm »

Now thats interesting... the mafia killed someone who was probally the second most suspicious. It poses the question, why the mafia killed him.
Squio, why do you think the mafia killed him?
This was a pressure vote, if you havent noticed.
I am trying my best here but I am still a begginner, and I havent been able to follow because of things happeneing in the crazy world of 'real life'...

That was today.

You did nothing yesterday. Nothing.

And "Real Life" excuses are fine and all, but they don't excuse you from accusing and not voting all of the first day.

Fakeedit: You don't play nice in Mafia. That's just... not how Mafia works.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 19, 2010, 04:45:56 pm »

OMGUS is a largely defunct scum tell.

Spitfire, aggression is a towntell, especially when you still have a free lynch remaining.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 19, 2010, 04:53:01 pm »

I agree that 'OMGUS' (What does that even stand for? Pfft...) is a scum tell, but I spotted 'OMGUS' in Org and Rolan7, and they both flipped town.
If you give me a chance then I will start to ease on the aggression, but when I tried to I was just stopped.
Of course there is nothing to stop me from thinking you, SirBayer as scum too. The mafia knows who the mafia are, they know who the town are, maybe you are perhaps forgetting the fact that this is 'Begginners Mafia' not 'I have played this game for 5 years but still I can't go anywhere else Mafia'. I am still a learner, and people are not expertsfrom thier first game.

They way you said it was that I didn't vote day one. I did.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 19, 2010, 04:57:19 pm »

OMGUS = Oh my god, you suck!

Pandarsenic: Dakarian is scummy scum scum scum scum!

Dakarian: Oh my god, you suck! Pandarsenic

It means voting someone solely because they voted you. It is NOT a valid scumtell these days.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 19, 2010, 05:09:12 pm »

It means voting someone solely because they voted you. It is NOT a valid scumtell these days.

I frankly don't agree. People pinning scumminess on people for the express reason of being attacked are still plenty scummy.

Spitfire: I never said you didn't vote at all, I specifically pointed out the fact that you accused several people without ever backing up your accusations or thoughts with attacks.

And don't forget the whole "But is he?" questions, which are... rather scummy as well.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2010, 05:12:10 pm »

It was a first day, you can't conclude your attacks in just one day. I am the sort of person who likes to build up on thier evidence before they begin thier accusations. Attacking someone with little evidence would be... quite scummy.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2010, 05:22:40 pm »

I frankly don't agree. People pinning scumminess on people for the express reason of being attacked are still plenty scummy.

Spitfire: I never said you didn't vote at all, I specifically pointed out the fact that you accused several people without ever backing up your accusations or thoughts with attacks.

And don't forget the whole "But is he?" questions, which are... rather scummy as well.
No, uh, you're pretty much wrong on this one. OMGUS votes are full of WIFOM and you have to know a player well to tell whether it's a null tell or a scum tell. It's only rarely a scumtell - the only time I can recall it being one was when I was breaking Janus down in NSBM and he was resisting calling me scummy until he realized his REFUSAL TO OMGUS (a scumtell of avoiding the OMGUS because as scum you don't want to look scummy, and the reason the OMGUS is defunct) and gave in - several dozen posts too late for it to look legit.

But yes, "OR IS HE" is WIFOM and should be disregarded or attacked.

It was a first day, you can't conclude your attacks in just one day. I am the sort of person who likes to build up on thier evidence before they begin thier accusations. Attacking someone with little evidence would be... quite scummy.
Actually it would be scumhunting, on day 1.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2010, 05:24:18 pm »

Hmph. I'm convinced for now. You're off the hook.

And by the by, for future reference, again that's not true. Check out Dak's guide to scumhunting at the beginning. You strike even if you've got nothing.

Fakeedit: Huh. I see what you mean, Panda.
Rules are for suckers.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2010, 05:47:58 pm »

Now thats interesting... the mafia killed someone who was probally the second most suspicious. It poses the question, why the mafia killed him.
Squio, why do you think the mafia killed him?

I've been thinking the same thing. Rolan was acting scummy in my gut-opinion as well, even more than Org was, and with Org innocent he was a good 2nd day lynch-target. I'm guessing WIFOM.

SirBayer, you should know scumhunting is more than just pushing one person, especially on day one. You know the chance of being wrong is very large. Nice that you spoilered that response (Oh, let me get that again):
Quote from: SirBayer
Meta was not my primary reason. If you people (by this I mean everyone in general) continue to try to paint me as scum for reasons that are NOT EVEN BASED IN REALITY, then - I don't know what the hell I'll do, but this is enough of that shit. I have had enough of being accused of things that never happened.
"You people"?? You mean, the other team, the town team?
But I've still got a question for you: Yes, you did use meta. And maybe not primary, it was a large factor. Then why aren't you using it on spitfire here? I'm not calling spitfire clean, or town, or attempting any defending on his part, this is about you. You say you use "Hard Meta" a lot, and yet you have done NONE on spitfire.

SirBayer, you aren't picking targets by meta, even if you claim to do so.
You don't need to focus on multiple players, one at a time is
You know who your targets are.
You know who should be lynched.
You only need to shout "I would highly encourage everyone here to join me", because you need other players as well.
You already know who is town and who isn't.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 19, 2010, 06:02:05 pm »

Oh for - I've never played with Spitfire before that I recall, and one game is not enough to pick up on a meta. I played Org on meta because I've 1. played games with him and 2. read games with him. I had no meta on Spitfire BUT I NEVER CLAIMED ANY.

"You people" refers primarily to everybody, but largely to another game (BYOR3, in fact) in which most of Day Three and Day Four were spent by me scumhunting on the basis that at least two or three of the players seemed to have no earthly clue what I was doing or what I had been doing, and none of them seemed to care that they had no idea. This got me very angry, and it still has me very angry. Do not accuse me of something I didn't do, please.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2010, 06:04:07 pm »

Quote from: Siquo
SirBayer, you aren't picking targets by meta, even if you claim to do so.
You don't need to focus on multiple players, one at a time is
You know who your targets are.
You know who should be lynched.
You only need to shout "I would highly encourage everyone here to join me", because you need other players as well.
You already know who is town and who isn't.

Also: What is... any of this? Any of it?
Rules are for suckers.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 19, 2010, 06:09:06 pm »

Oh for - I've never played with Spitfire before that I recall, and one game is not enough to pick up on a meta. I played Org on meta because I've 1. played games with him and 2. read games with him. I had no meta on Spitfire BUT I NEVER CLAIMED ANY.
In your logic, Sirbayer, would this perhaps be an 'OMGUS'?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 19, 2010, 06:13:32 pm »

In your logic, Sirbayer, would this perhaps be an 'OMGUS'?
No... no, it wouldn't. I'm explaining to him why what he said is completely untrue.

OMGUS is attacking someone who attacked you.
Rules are for suckers.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 19, 2010, 06:14:21 pm »

If you say so...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44