Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44

Author Topic: Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise  (Read 96568 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia IX, Day Two: Bloody Water and Seven Lights
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2010, 11:58:32 am »

Same here. In the meanwhile I'm both praising and punishing my guts for being so wrong and so right at the same time.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2010, 01:41:30 pm »

The guts-theory (someone asked, think it was quinnr?) is as follows: I believe human intuition is vastly superior to conscious thinking in parallel processing large amounts of data. It can also be humoungously wrong, so you shouldn't always rely on it. What I do is I gather data about a subject, as much as I can, let it linger in the back of my head a bit, and out comes a feeling of what should be done. I use this to decide what brand of car to buy, on which girlfriend to take, and on who is scum or not.

Right, screw the guts for now. I've been looking deeply at SirBayer now.

Can't find any scumhunting yet in this game. AT ALL. Except for trying everyone to get Org.
Conclusion: My vote stays, and I would highly encourage everyone here to join me.
Everyone, Org is scum.
He once called Rolan7 "a bit suspicious", but other than that, in the first post he goes for Org, bites down, and then doesn't let go. Ever.

I'm not versed in what is a scumtell and what isn't, and telling me what is, is just WIFOM again, but this is certainly Not Helping Town. Him being an experienced player (I noticed he plays several mafiae at once), that much should be obvious. Never addresses another player directly, and all attacks vaguely in his direction are done away with a "Oh cmon, really?"-kind of reply.

So now that your first target is gone, SirBayer, what is your next step?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2010, 01:44:55 pm »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2010, 01:54:38 pm »

which girlfriend to take

Uh.

We'll let that one slide, shall we? >_>

Today's first post has been sharply amended.  Y'all might want to take a look at it for different characterization/tone/content and so on, though the structure is largely the same.

Also, if anyone is under 13, please let me know so I can tone this down.  I just remembered that people like Sonearage have been known to play Mafia.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 02:09:17 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 19, 2010, 02:22:28 pm »

Now thats interesting... the mafia killed someone who was probally the second most suspicious. It poses the question, why the mafia killed him.
Squio, why do you think the mafia killed him?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 19, 2010, 02:40:58 pm »

Can't find any scumhunting yet in this game. AT ALL. Except for trying everyone to get Org.
Conclusion: My vote stays, and I would highly encourage everyone here to join me.
Everyone, Org is scum.
He once called Rolan7 "a bit suspicious", but other than that, in the first post he goes for Org, bites down, and then doesn't let go. Ever.

So now that your first target is gone, SirBayer, what is your next step?

I hunted what I thought was scum to the death. I was mistaken. This happens.

My next step is to re-evaluate, as we should all do. We thought we had a target, now we need to go back and check to see what exactly happened.

JaaSwb: In response to your question, I've never, ever, in my life, seen Org do something like that. I've been here... I dunno, a few months. I've played many games with Org. But he's never done that before. It fit very, very wrong, so I figured he was scum. *shrug*

Looking back over thread. I'll be back with evidence.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 19, 2010, 03:26:23 pm »

Protip: Reread Org's stuff.

You don't know if he was right, but you do know he was sincere, which is more than you can say for any other player in this game.

Sincere. Yeah. That's something positive that can be said about it.

Spoiler: Everyone (click to show/hide)

That being said, on to the secondary suspicious folks:

Spoiler: Spitfire (click to show/hide)

But the primary subject of inquiry:

FAKEEDIT:

Shit. I assembled bucketloads of evidence against Rolan and, uh, he's dead. Flipped town. I guess it was new-tell, not scum-tell. Dammit.

Lacking my primary suspect, however, I go after the secondary one.

Spitfire, why the non-confrontationalism?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2010, 03:45:57 pm »

Now, use words which actually exist and I will answer it. I don't understand what you actually mean 'Non-confrontationalism', if your saying its because I don't confront anyone then your quite mistaken, I just have.

PS: I just looked up, confrontationalism is not in the english dictionary.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2010, 04:08:08 pm »

Now, use words which actually exist and I will answer it. I don't understand what you actually mean 'Non-confrontationalism', if your saying its because I don't confront anyone then your quite mistaken, I just have.

PS: I just looked up, confrontationalism is not in the english dictionary.

...wow. That is some hard-core question dodging right there, mate. Wow. Just... wow.

What I mean is that you're not really attacking anybody. You're just suggesting that maybe they deserve attacking, saying perhaps they're a little suspicious.

Oh, and now you're acting very defensive, springing when I ask you a question.
Rules are for suckers.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 19, 2010, 04:16:11 pm »

Im not trying to dodge a question, Im just trying to understand it better. If I can understand it better, maybe you could get much better out of it, hmm?

No confronting... well like I said, I just did. Why I didn't do it much in day 1, I didn't have exactly much evidence to go on. Picking out things which make people scum is not something I have much skill in, to be honnest. I appologise if I am not being a help.
Interesting... you were actually my second suspect. Org was confronting you as well, he might of actually had a good point in doing so, wouldn't you agree?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 19, 2010, 04:20:18 pm »

Im not trying to dodge a question, Im just trying to understand it better. If I can understand it better, maybe you could get much better out of it, hmm?

No confronting... well like I said, I just did. Why I didn't do it much in day 1, I didn't have exactly much evidence to go on. Picking out things which make people scum is not something I have much skill in, to be honnest. I appologise if I am not being a help.
Interesting... you were actually my second suspect. Org was confronting you as well, he might of actually had a good point in doing so, wouldn't you agree?

And here you commit two more offenses.

One, OMGUS.

Two, the same non-confrontationalism.

In that last little bit, you accuse me of being scum, but you don't vote, you don't act, you don't anything. You don't want to look bad, do you?
Rules are for suckers.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 19, 2010, 04:27:13 pm »

I don't want to sound like im being aggressive im trying to sound diplomatic here. Of course a mis-lynch here is not a good thing so we must be careful. What defines as the alien term 'OMGUS',  which sounds like it was invented by some mad internet person, appears to be beyond me.
And, I can only vote one person at a time, unless I was a double voter :P
And, sorry to sound bothersome, but you kinda dodged my question. I would appriciate if you answered it :)

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 19, 2010, 04:27:54 pm »

Do I have to quote myself to prove I have voted?  :-\

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 19, 2010, 04:38:30 pm »

THIS question? AHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahahaah

No, he didn't have a reason. Org was... well, flailing. And failing.

Diplomacy has no place in Mafia. You haven't been aggressive. I reread the entire thing. You've never really followed through on everything, and I couldn't find a single serious pressurevote. Nothing. Not one. You wanna pull up a quote, I'll take it, but I bet you can't find one.
Rules are for suckers.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 19, 2010, 04:43:32 pm »

Now thats interesting... the mafia killed someone who was probally the second most suspicious. It poses the question, why the mafia killed him.
Squio, why do you think the mafia killed him?
This was a pressure vote, if you havent noticed.
I am trying my best here but I am still a begginner, and I havent been able to follow because of things happeneing in the crazy world of 'real life'...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44