Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44

Author Topic: Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise  (Read 96538 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia IX, Day 1: Two knights walk into a bar...
« Reply #195 on: February 17, 2010, 03:26:12 pm »

Oh, and a reminder to everyone: The advice I give you in here or in a PM is the very same as I would give if I were a town IC. I have no interest in seeing scum win, only seeing them play well. However, I also want to see all of you play well. There's no WIFOM from me, no layers of deception; only my honest opinion on Good Things to Do or Bad Things to Do.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2010, 03:27:35 pm »

Day shortening.

Also, I suggest we make it a short drop for maximal suffering.
The fish are watching.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 17, 2010, 03:27:41 pm »

So. When I flip VT, listen. Because Im going to die. And flip townie.

SCUM LIST

Rolan7: Rolan is scum because of bandwagoning. Also, he says he wasn't bandwagoning when he was (which was strange). He unvotes ,saying he was certain I was scum just posts before. He then votes me again, and most of the time, only voting me for "being suspicious".

Siquo: Siquo is scum for being passive. Also, many times he says I am scummy, yet does not vote me. He does this a second time. He is lurking. He finally votes me, after I say he should vote me SEVERAL times.

Sir Bayer: Bayer is scum for using meta, many times, even though he is wrong. He thinks I am being more active, which means I am scum. I say he should look at Wizard Duel 3, where I was active town. I also say I am on break, he does not listen. He gets a Bandwagon. Everyone bandwagons. Townie dies.

So, when I flip, please try to go back and actually listen.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2010, 04:15:11 pm »

Thanks for the endorsement, Dakarian. This is just my second game, and I decided before signing up I'd be more decisive and go with the gut-feeling, even if I get the entire town, IC and host against me. In my first game it really got to me that I was voted to be lynched, and no-one would believe a thing I said, and everything I said made me sink deeper.

Org *might* be in the same situation, but I'll take my chances. Day is almost over. On the other hand, I'm going to take his advice, and re-read.
No Day Shortening, following dakarian's earlier advice. Even though Org will likely be lynched, there is much to be gathered from the responses of the rest.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2010, 04:25:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm sorry, I'm just frustrated with Org.  I gave him a lot of respect in BM8 just because he was an official, and now that I see him playing, I feel betrayed.  I meant it when I said I have the utmost respect for the experienced players, and pretend I emphasized "always" when I said the advice was "not always helpful".

Thank you so much for hosting this incredibly rich game, Vector, and thank you Dakarian for running the Beginner Mafia system in addition to the activity board.  I can't imagine how much effort that takes.  Your advice is appreciated, including your advice to take your advice with a grain of salt (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 17, 2010, 04:32:04 pm »

For a second, Org sounded alot like Kira... his mysterious laugh and him sounding like he has something up his sleeve... (Don't know if anyone will get the Death note reference...).
It makes me wonder, is day shortening actually a good thing to do?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2010, 04:37:24 pm »

For a second, Org sounded alot like Kira... his mysterious laugh and him sounding like he has something up his sleeve... (Don't know if anyone will get the Death note reference...).
Ah, here's some WIFOM. It tends to generate "but that's what he wants me to think" thoughts, and that often leads to general distrust. Even if you don't mean it, AVOID WIFOMING-it only helps the scum.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2010, 04:41:08 pm »

I was just wondering, asking more experienced players then myself, if day shortening works.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2010, 05:08:01 pm »

1. HFS
First game.  Voting Org.  Mainly for meta, possibly retaliation.

2. quinnr
Voting Org for same reasons as me.  Catches Org calling town dumb, haha.  Must not buddy with this guy.  Also points out the strange purposeless unvote.

3. spitfire684
Quite lurky.  Voting Org mainly for Caps-lock.  I can sympathize, but should find a better reason.  Hasn't added anything really.

4. siquo
Seems active.  Intimidating avatar, heh.  Scumhunted (me) (a plus).  Voting Org for being generally suspicious.  Which is fine because he's pointed out several instances of suspiciousness.

5. SirBayer
Obsessed with meta.  Voting Org primarily for meta reasons.

6. Org
Insane in the membrane.  But is he scum?

7. Halmie
Hasn't posted in 35 hours, but was online 12 hours ago.  Actively lurking.  Hasn't contributed much, and was kinda buddying with Org (as Org pointed out).  I think his vote's on spitfire.

8. JaaSwb
Hasn't done much at all.  Basically just asked SirBayer about Org's meta, and voted Org for self-voting.  Suspicious.

9. Rolan7
I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD
Well ok I'm Rolan7 the Sage and I'm very old.  I'm also town.  Third Mafia game, I kinda screwed up Aztec mafia (Webadict was stupidly lucky though).  I love to break games, mostly video games, but I don't hurt games with RP and flavor like this one.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2010, 05:15:59 pm »

Web did good that game, with scum 1/6 to town.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2010, 05:27:15 pm »

Rolan, when I flip town, who is your second choice?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2010, 05:34:03 pm »

And what if you don't flip town?
Then who will be your second choice.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 17, 2010, 05:34:46 pm »

I will flip town.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 17, 2010, 05:35:37 pm »

Web did good that game, with scum 1/6 to town.
He did well, yeah, but he also randomly got the artifact.  Otherwise the game was nailed down.  Hm... nah, never mind.

Rolan, when I flip town, who is your second choice?
Very good question.  I want to hear other people's answers as well.

I'm very suspicious of Halmie for actively lurking and not contributing.  Didn't even care that Vector got his vote wrong.  I'd say he's my #2.
After that JaaSwb, for not contributing and bandwagoning against you.  Bandwagoning because he didn't provide a good reason at all, even choose an existing reason.
She/they

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 17, 2010, 05:44:09 pm »

So. When I flip VT, listen. Because Im going to die. And flip townie.

SCUM LIST

Rolan7: Rolan is scum because of bandwagoning. Also, he says he wasn't bandwagoning when he was (which was strange). He unvotes ,saying he was certain I was scum just posts before. He then votes me again, and most of the time, only voting me for "being suspicious".

Siquo: Siquo is scum for being passive. Also, many times he says I am scummy, yet does not vote me. He does this a second time. He is lurking. He finally votes me, after I say he should vote me SEVERAL times.

Sir Bayer: Bayer is scum for using meta, many times, even though he is wrong. He thinks I am being more active, which means I am scum. I say he should look at Wizard Duel 3, where I was active town. I also say I am on break, he does not listen. He gets a Bandwagon. Everyone bandwagons. Townie dies.

So, when I flip, please try to go back and actually listen.

Oh, shut up! Don't you dare try to drag me down with you. Trying to partner me or anyone else up with your sinking boat doesn't do anything to help you, scumbucket.

Super-non-confrontational, which is a scumtell alongside the whole WIFOM. And speaking of which:

1. HFS
First game.  Voting Org.  Mainly for meta, possibly retaliation.

2. quinnr
Voting Org for same reasons as me.  Catches Org calling town dumb, haha.  Must not buddy with this guy.  Also points out the strange purposeless unvote.

3. spitfire684
Quite lurky.  Voting Org mainly for Caps-lock.  I can sympathize, but should find a better reason.  Hasn't added anything really.

4. siquo
Seems active.  Intimidating avatar, heh.  Scumhunted (me) (a plus).  Voting Org for being generally suspicious.  Which is fine because he's pointed out several instances of suspiciousness.

5. SirBayer
Obsessed with meta.  Voting Org primarily for meta reasons.

6. Org
Insane in the membrane.  But is he scum?

7. Halmie
Hasn't posted in 35 hours, but was online 12 hours ago.  Actively lurking.  Hasn't contributed much, and was kinda buddying with Org (as Org pointed out).  I think his vote's on spitfire.

8. JaaSwb
Hasn't done much at all.  Basically just asked SirBayer about Org's meta, and voted Org for self-voting.  Suspicious.

9. Rolan7
I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD
Well ok I'm Rolan7 the Sage and I'm very old.  I'm also town.  Third Mafia game, I kinda screwed up Aztec mafia (Webadict was stupidly lucky though).  I love to break games, mostly video games, but I don't hurt games with RP and flavor like this one.

A few things. His assessment of Quinnr includes the statement "Must not buddy". ...only scum buddies. Don't be so inclusive.

His assessment of Org is the same non-confrontational, "But is he?" statement that the scum love so much.

So that's another suspicious character.

Org, however, is still at the top of the list.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44