Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44

Author Topic: Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise  (Read 96442 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia IX, Day 1: Two knights walk into a bar...
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2010, 08:51:35 pm »

Yo, I'm back.

Org, even *I* partially know your meta.

I've been watching the mafia forum long before I joined this game...my first game.

Voting without reason? Need I say more.

Unvote (JaaSwb)

Org
This doesnt do it for me.
I guess you skipped over dak's post?
YOU ARE VOTING FOR NO REASON.

Oh, I know your meta.
How. How am i readable. No. Scummy scummy scum. Your reason? Meta. What meta. I change my playstyle if not every few games. I have reasons, and I have said them many times.

Well, if I die, at least I get to get out of this game without a prod.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2010, 09:00:35 pm »

So, to sum it up for the newbie townies that are morons, all who are voting for me are going by Sirbayer. Sirbayer is not the greatest player. I am not wither, but I know that I am better than some of you. Such as this: I usually do not jump on lynches. Or sometimes I dont care enough not to. You see, its scummy. I try not to do scummy things, even as scum, as looking like scum is not good, however, by bandwagoning, all of you are scummy. Especially Sir Bayer, for starting it. bad town/scum is bad.

Everyone unvote. You see, all of you have no reasons, will not unvote, and will most likely lurk UNTIL I AM LYNCHED. Especially Sir Bayer, Spitfire, and everyone who is still lurking.

IC, need help, so help.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2010, 09:08:09 pm »

Halmie's vote is on spitfire, not HFS.

*reads the "print" page, admires flavor*

Halmie did not unvote; as such, his vote was not changed.

He made no claim of Vanilla-ness, though. Or townieness that I can recall. *Shrugs* A purely flavor-claim is meaningless, I'm sure, as per Vektor's design.

Flavor-claims have almost no meaning.  An extremely devoted person could probably figure out the power roles from flavor-claims.  That person would probably also fall into the string of traps I've laid in case such a devoted person exists.  I suggest that you all enjoy the flavor, but do not obsess on it--because it's not worth it.

It's a little bit like Color Mafia, for those who remember it.

TOWN IS CONFUSING. Do you play with Toony as town? He makes me want to punch babies sometimes.

... XD.  I might have to work this into the story.

I place any additional votes I have on Org. The prince of Denmark ought to have something special, shouldn't he?

A sidenote to all: this is not Beginner's Bastard Mafia (though I was considering running one of those).  If an ability is not in the OP, it does not have even the slimmest chance of appearing.

Hmmm, what's wrong with revealing flavor roles?  I hardly ever play with flavor, and this is awesome.

Awesome flavor...keep writing!

As above, those with certain flavor roles may not wish to do so... but I've attempted to generate some protective layers for any and all possible power roles.  Just keep that in mind.

And yes, I will  ;)

ORG'S POEM

Thank you, that's going into the next flavortext update.

IC, need help, so help.

1. Stop freaking out.  You have 24 hours.

2. I--and the ICs--cannot defend you.  I can only suggest that each player reads the game carefully and decides for him or herself what is really going on.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2010, 09:09:59 pm »

IC is supposed to help teh newbehs

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2010, 09:17:25 pm »

IC is supposed to help teh newbehs

You're asking for a defense and condoning of your actions, so quit it.  It's your job to make your arguments, not theirs.  If you have any questions, I'll answer them.

Fine.  I'll also direct everyone to this part of the first Beginner's Mafia.  I think it sums up the general opinions on this sort of situation.  For that game, the scumteam was Free Beer and myself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2010, 09:23:16 pm »

So, Quinnr, what are your thoughts.
Stop lurking and not posting. You posted a page ago, yes, but you are on and are not posting.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2010, 09:24:54 pm »

You too jaaSwB

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2010, 10:28:38 pm »

If I would to step in, I would ask why each person is voting for Org. 

@Org

If I were where you are, I would focus on outing the scum before the day ends under the assumption that I won't be around for the second day. 

Starting with those who are against you is a good start.  Look at each person's reasons.  If they seem sound (whether they are right or wrong) then I'd leave them alone except to answer any questions still out there. 

As for the rest, speak directly to them: don't speak in general "you all".  Name exactly who has yet to explain themselves.  Tear into them and HARD until they state their reasons or unvote.  Whether they do either, if they don't have a good reason for it, keep pushing because you might have the scum.

(yes, that means you attack someone for voting you for no reason, then when they unvote you push HARDER.. it makes sense when you realize you're after reasons, NOT unvotes)

Lastly, look at the folks who AREN'T voting you.  If you are town, remember that ONLY the mafia know that while the town does not.  As such, it's very appealing for the mafia to let the town mislynch while keeping their hands clean.  If they defend you but didn't state a reason, go after them.  If they seem to be ignoring the whole thing then make them get involved.

(I've found a few scum by tearing at the one person who defended me.  Meanwhile, I have a deep liking for avoiding the 'big argument' as much as possible when I'm scum)

Basically, think less on trying to live and think more on taking the scum with you.  Shake them all up.  Try to put BIG NEON SIGNS on the scum so that when you die, the town tears the scum apart.  In truth, a decent number of town games have been won by the town mislynching but the one that died caused the scum to slip which was spotted later on.

Meh, a lot more games would've ended in town wins had the town noticed that the scum slipped in that same manner.

So, Org, do answer questions sent to you but otherwise, go 500% FULL BLOWN "Oh F it I don't care anymore!!" attack.  Don't care about acting scummy, or pro-townie or anything else.  Make EVERYONE focus on you, whether to kill or to save, make them all speak up, and use the 24 hours to destroy the scum single handedly.

Seriously, a townie near death is the most dangerous element for scum.  It's that fine period when they stand the closest to losing. 

(btw, don't worry about if the town ignores you today.. let them.  The key is that they read back and listen to you tomorrow..if they don't after you flip town.. then they earn their loss.)
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2010, 10:31:46 pm »

Oh yah, and watch for those who seem to just be content that someone is dying rather than thinking you are scum.  Townies will want you dead because they think you are scum.  Scum will want ..well.. someone dead, and you'll do.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2010, 10:36:47 pm »

He did "unvote" in red, do we have to say "unvote HFS"?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2010, 10:56:16 pm »

Buhm buhm buhm

Okay, Meh. Not what I wanted.

Unvote HFS

As the Prince of Denmark, I have to be suspicous of this accusation.

Why do ye do this vote, and then ye simply add this when you are called on it:
I was looking for a reaction.

If he started freaking out, he would probably be scum. Really I thought it would be obvious in what I was doing.

Although he didn't say he wasn't scum...

Why not tell us this in the first place?

Vote Org for now.

Okay, so, I answered your question.
That si why you voted me.

If you dont rememberm, I answered by saying this:
If I say, Oh,looking for reaction vote person.
They can respond nice and all, and will know Im looking for a screw up
If I dont say that, who knows what happens?
If you were an assassin trying to kill someone, do you beforehand go, you dude, I will kill you?

Hmm at the moment I am voting for Org, it seems that he is trying his best to dodge questions (But, he did answer them). What I would like to know is why he wanted to wait for HFS, maybe he was looking for a reaction but it doesn't mean we are going to have to wait all day for it.
This is contradicotry to itself.
He is dodging questions, but answering them?
Please read above why I voted HFS with no reason.
Again.

THis was no reason to vote! You answer your own question, and yet still vote me!

SirBayer, why do you duck the question?

I answered it, didn't I?

Bayer, why are you voting me still for a reason bewildering?

First, because it's RVS.

Second, because I was away.

And third, because you are never this active as town. You are not town. You are scum.

Everyone, Org is scum.
Number two makes little sense.

Three, I have answered. on a break. nothing to do.
It happens. SOmetimes I am not active as scum. Its called RL.

Meta is not always right, and trying to use it will fail utterly. See? Think back to when I started getting prodded. Was I so lurky? NO. I didnt want to have a worse rank. Wizard Duel 3 for reference, kinda BYor(webby 3).

Second, THIS IS BANDWAGONING. Everyone, org is scum? because of pitiful reasons of being active?

Votecount

Org [2] - SirBayer, spitfire684
SirBayer [1] - JaaSwb
HFS [2] - Halmie, Rolan7
quinnr [1] - Siquo
JaaSwb [1] - HFS
spitfire684 [1] - Halmie

Not voting: Org

Org is acting strange, I can't tell what's up with him.  My only meta knowledge of him is from him IC'ing me in BM8, and he was odd there too.  So, I'm suspicious but not enough to bandwagon so early.

Still, more than I have on HFS.  Unvote HFS

Now that everyone has finally posted *something*, which was the purpose of my votes, we come to the hard part.  On this first day we have very little to go on.  It'll have to do.

Screw it, Org is acting suspicious as hell.  Asking me my role?  Org is not a beginner, and I essentially am, so he might have thought that would work... and claiming is *definitely* bad for town this early, even flavor roles, you shouldn't have done so Quinnr FYI.

His position on lurkers is confusing, and town should not be confusing people:
Everyone, stop lurking. Really. Scummy.
But, more than likely, scum are active.
I think I figured out position: he supports voting lurkers to get them active, but doesn't consider lurking a scum tell.  He may have a point, but it's the sort of point I would make to defend a lurking scumbuddy.

In summary: I'm not at all convinced Org is scum, but at this point, I don't have to be.  He's suspicious
Vote Org
I am an odd player, I think anyone who has played with me can attest to this.

What do you have on me, or did you mean meta? Look up for what I think about that.

I ASKED FOR YOUR FLAVOR ROLE. FAIL.

You are not. You have played in more than a few.

Flavor doesnt really matter, lying is what happens. I doubt Quinnr.

Indeed, that is what i think about lurking.

You have no reasons really.
At all. I CANT SEE ANY OTHER YOU SAYING I AM SUSPICIOUS.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2010, 11:11:46 pm »

rolan posts, but FAILS to talk about the stuff going on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2010, 11:14:57 pm »

He did?  That must be an error, then.  It'll be remedied in the next update.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2010, 12:51:14 am »

Org, I was mainly voting you because you didn't just tell us that at first, you simply said
Buhm buhm buhm

Okay, Meh. Not what I wanted.

Unvote HFS
The excuse that is was for pressure didn't come until after more accusations were put on you.

Also to note:
you also seemed very happy to be jumping on a bandwagon:
i am not scum, but Rolan probably is.

Oh, I wont jump on the bandwagon....fuck that, jump!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2010, 01:54:36 am »

rolan posts, but FAILS to talk about the stuff going on.

What exactly was going on?  Not your latest wall of text, I posted before that.
More like Rolan bothers to read peoples posts and notice minor errors.

I am an odd player, I think anyone who has played with me can attest to this.

You're often hard to understand, at least for me.  I can't get a read on your tone when your words have to be rearranged to make sense.

What do you have on me, or did you mean meta? Look up for what I think about that.

I answered that in the post you replied to: I have no meta on you, as I've never played against you.  Unless you count "he's strange and hard to understand", which I got from you IC'ing BM8.

I ASKED FOR YOUR FLAVOR ROLE. FAIL.

More caps-lock?  You are reacting very strongly, hm.
This is my third mafia, and the I've ever seen where the flavor roles didn't reveal the functional roles.  Plus, they kinda sorta do maybe, see Vector's post.

You are not. You have played in more than a few.

This is only correct if you consider one "a few".  I have played two.

Flavor doesnt really matter, lying is what happens. I doubt Quinnr.

You're just being contrary here.  If flavor doesn't really matter, how does it follow that people would lie about it?  I doubt Quinnr because I feel flavor *does* matter somewhat.  What's your reason?

Indeed, that is what i think about lurking.

"That" being this:
"he supports voting lurkers to get them active, but doesn't consider lurking a scum tell.  He may have a point, but it's the sort of point I would make to defend a lurking scumbuddy."
Lurking benefits only scum.  The unfortunate fact that townies may also lurk, doesn't mean it isn't a scum tell.

I raised the possibility that you're shielding a lurky scumbuddy, which was the only part of my post you ignored.
You have no reasons really.
At all. I CANT SEE ANY OTHER YOU SAYING I AM SUSPICIOUS.

Hypothesis: Org is scum
Method: Apply pressure with a vote, plus a weakish reason.
Result: OMGUS, Caps-lock, broken sentences, rage.
Conclusion: Hypothesis supported.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44