Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Author Topic: Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise  (Read 96445 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia IX, Day 1: Two knights walk into a bar...
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2010, 01:27:23 am »

Buhm buhm buhm

Okay, Meh. Not what I wanted.

Unvote HFS

As the Prince of Denmark, I have to be suspicous of this accusation.

Why do ye do this vote, and then ye simply add this when you are called on it:
I was looking for a reaction.

If he started freaking out, he would probably be scum. Really I thought it would be obvious in what I was doing.

Although he didn't say he wasn't scum...

Why not tell us this in the first place?

Vote Org for now.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2010, 03:04:02 am »

Unvote
Err, becuase then no pressure would be applied.

"Well this is a vote, but don't sweat I'll take it off soon." Doesn't sound very pressing to me.

It was though not very strong and if it was obvious why did you even do it?

HFS also still had 2 votes on him and was talking.

Sorry for not posting, didn't know the game had started and only checked my e-mail recently.
I hardly know anyone here, and I am still new to this game so... I dunno at the moment, just finding it hard to say anything at the moment.
Org you seem to be voting quite randomly, you voted me for lurking when we had about 4 lurkers, now voting HFS (unless of course this is a town tactic of random voting which I havent not seen much of). Maybe explain your choice?
Freaking out about a vote are you scum?

Was what I said a double negetive? Wasn't ment to be, Staying up late at almost 3am, not with it. I still have alot to learn and I dunno if random voting is common or not but if its town (which it seems because everyones doing it) im in favour for it.
"if it makes me look like town I'll do it!"
Spitfire, all you have done is get annoyed at Org for throwing his vote around. The deadline is awhile away, votes are needed.
Meh.

spitfire684

• Bay Watcher
  • I pity the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2010, 05:40:54 am »

Hmm at the moment I am voting for Org, it seems that he is trying his best to dodge questions (But, he did answer them). What I would like to know is why he wanted to wait for HFS, maybe he was looking for a reaction but it doesn't mean we are going to have to wait all day for it.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2010, 05:55:46 am »

votes are needed.
I mean for pressure.
Meh.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2010, 11:17:09 am »

Hmm at the moment I am voting for Org, it seems that he is trying his best to dodge questions (But, he did answer them). What I would like to know is why he wanted to wait for HFS, maybe he was looking for a reaction but it doesn't mean we are going to have to wait all day for it.
Yes

@Quin:Really?

OH YEAH. VOTE HFS. IM LOOKING FOR A REACTION.

IF I HAD DONE THAT, HE COULD HAVE JUST BEEN LIKE HE WAS AND NOT FREAK OUT.
OBVIOUSLY

WHat does IC have to say?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2010, 01:01:00 pm »

SirBayer, why do you duck the question?

I answered it, didn't I?

Bayer, why are you voting me still for a reason bewildering?

First, because it's RVS.

Second, because I was away.

And third, because you are never this active as town. You are not town. You are scum.

Everyone, Org is scum.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2010, 01:32:20 pm »

Sir Bayer is actually most likely scum, deflecting and going for a bandwagoning.

And I have mentioned SEVERAL TIMES I AM ON A BREAK.
I actually have time.
I am also sick.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2010, 04:00:49 pm »

I will hardly vote anyone for being inactive, I realize that there is a thing called the real world that people live in  :D

And Org is certainly being suspicious...not necessarily scum, but suspicious enough to warrant my vote.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2010, 04:31:01 pm »

Bayer, why are you voting me still for a reason bewildering?

First, because it's RVS.

Second, because I was away.

And third, because you are never this active as town. You are not town. You are scum.

Everyone, Org is scum.

-Does Org tend to be much more active as scum than as town?
-Are you voting only because of meta, or do you have other reasons to believe he is scum?
-Anyone else you think is acting scummy?
The fish are watching.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2010, 04:52:17 pm »

@JaaSwb

You would be suprised how useful meta usage can be.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2010, 05:46:35 pm »

Votecount

Org [2] - SirBayer, spitfire684
SirBayer [1] - JaaSwb
HFS [2] - Halmie, Rolan7
quinnr [1] - Siquo
JaaSwb [1] - HFS
spitfire684 [1] - Halmie

Not voting: Org

IF I HAD DONE THAT, HE COULD HAVE JUST BEEN LIKE HE WAS AND NOT FREAK OUT.
OBVIOUSLY

WHat does IC have to say?

Org is correct--reaction testing in such a manner is a viable town strategy.  On the other hand, scum frequently vote without reasoning because they already know who's town and who's scum, and really have no reason or need to scumhunt.  It's your job to determine which flavor of voting-without-reasoning Org is pursuing.

"They questioned each other," said Dakarian.  "They questioned each other's motives and obligations.  They learned more in scant hours than they would have known in years of friendship and camaraderie."

"They answered each other," said Pandarsenic.  "They answered with secrets that none should know, and in doing so betrayed the trust of others.  And some--in that quiet, blessed place--some lied outright in the pretense of goodness.  They learned what friends know after many years: that the ones they love are strangers."

"Finally, Siquo asked a simple question:

'Quinnr, who are you?'

Quinnr, running bony fingers through his dark hair, said simply this: 'I am the Prince of Denmark--all Denmark.  Believe no other stories and give credence to no other tales.'

And, in so doing, they knew something of each other they had not known before, and were strangers no longer."

"Was he that Prince?" asks Vektor.  "The uncle of the husband of the sister of the father of my brothers, sisters, and myself once kissed the fingertips of a Princess of Lithuania.  I hear it was a moment like no other--not everyone can have his nose broken by such a great lady."

"Who cares?" Pandarsenic says.  "He was just another man."

"I hate to agree with Pandarsenic," says Dakarian, "but that is not what Siquo learned.  He knew that quinnr considered himself a prince among men, and that was enough.  It was a world in which they knew nothing--not even the true value of each other's words--but he was certain he could uncover the truth if he listened and questioned with care.

"Quinnr, in turn, learned something of Siquo's curiosity and intentions.  With that simple exchange, they were both the wiser."

"They both knew only how much they did not know.  That is true blindness."

"Everyone is blind in the search of an honest man," says Dakarian.  "That is why he is worth seeking out."

Yes, anything particularly noteworthy is getting flavor'd.  Feel free to PM me ideas for any exchanges/topics you'd like to see.

With apologies to Annie Ernaux and 鳥山 明.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2010, 05:52:52 pm »

What is meta usage, and how did/would you apply it to Org, ExKirby?

Unvote
Rolan7, you only appear when challenged, and then disappear in the background again... We need to be hunting, not lurking. What's your 'excuse'?

Org, you ARE being suspicious. Still.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2010, 05:54:36 pm »

Oh, and obligatory "it haz a flavour, it is delicious!"

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2010, 06:01:50 pm »

Meta bullshit.

I know a few times when I was town and active.
WD 3.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2010, 06:33:06 pm »

On the applicability of meta: Meta can be good, and it can be useful - Vector caught me at least two times on that, as scum, I begin using longer sentences to respond to accusations. Webadict developed the Org Theory of Scummitude ("A new or newer player who is scum will not deny that he is scum when accused until learning the Org Theory of Scummitude") and caught him with it.

The key in these instances was that meta didn't become entirely relevant except as support when the person had already been acting scummy. Don't base an argument off it unless pressurevoting/randomvoting.

Also, people can identify their own meta, especially if it's used against them but even independently.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44