Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise  (Read 96444 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Beginner's Mafia IX, Day 1: Two knights walk into a bar...
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2010, 05:17:21 am »

As Dak once said;

The last thing you probably NEED is boldness. You can feel unsure and wishy washy IRL, but NEVER write it in your text. That's the #1 benefit to a text game: you can edit out the weakness in your posts. When you're reading and thinking things out, you can ponder and second guess yourself (yes, even some WIFOM) all you want. Once you go to post, though, silence all of that and go for the throat!Last thing: stop caring about your own scumtells. Stop worrying about how YOU look to others. The TRUE secret to being a townie is the most funniest of secrets: Townies fling scumtells and don't care that they throw it. They don't care how scummy they look or even if a mountain of votes fall on them. If you think someone is scummy but they have 3 votes on them and everyone's already said everything you wanted to say then say it anyway and vote. Yes.. you bandwagoned. Yes, you said what someone else has said. If your finding that people are flinging scumtells left and right and it makes you want to vote for this person, then another, then another.. and it makes you change your vote every other post.. do it. Yes, you flip flopped. Yes you're being wishy washy.A GOOD town will see your scumtells, attack you for it, then find out WHY you did it: you are after scum and it just how it worked out. Then a GOOD town will leave you alone.Bad townies and scum will try to lynch you ONLY on the tells themselves. "Yes, you have a good reason, but you still bandwagoned/flipflopped." If they are a bad townie, they'll just look like a tunnelvisioner and be ignored. If they are scum, they'll realize they made a mistake and panic, thus proving themselves scum. If you get lynched for it.. then..well.. so be it. Townies die every day.

Sorry about the lack of spacing-Wired Marker doesn't like spacing.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2010, 12:35:44 pm »

JaaSwb is happy. He admired a fine flavour recently. He admired own fine role PM recently.

So, SirBayer, what's s bad about wanting to get the discussion started?

Everything forever.

I am first to post because the thread was open when I was looking at it.
But really Pandar is first.

But Pandar isn't playing, now is he?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2010, 12:51:20 pm »

JaaSwb is happy. He admired a fine flavour recently. He admired own fine role PM recently.

So, SirBayer, what's s bad about wanting to get the discussion started?

Everything forever.

I am first to post because the thread was open when I was looking at it.
But really Pandar is first.

But Pandar isn't playing, now is he?
One, you aren't really answering any questions.

And no he is not, but does it matter? I do sometimes post first.

Everyone, stop lurking. Really. Scummy.
But, more than likely, scum are active.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2010, 01:11:25 pm »

Activity is a null tell.  both town and scum have more than enough reasons to be active.

Lurking is one of two conditions: an inattentive town that needs to be prodded or lurking scum needing to be lynched.

Townies have no reason to lurk.  If you are waiting for someone, there's others to talk to and question while you wait.  If you can't find any information to use, you go to Step 1 and gather information.  If you want the day to end, ask for a day shortening and push the town to agree. 

As such, townies shouldn't lurk.  If they try, the others should send the host after them to push them into activity.

Mafia though?  There's plenty of reasons to lurk at key times.  I know I am amazed how much is gained just by staying silent for a few extra hours. 

Both townies and scum lurk, but the town should never tolerate it.  Prod em, replace em, and lynch the rest.

Sidenote: it's the weekend, so there's a chance that most of the town is just away (or suffering to the nasty snowstorm just about the entire US got hit with).
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2010, 01:20:37 pm »

Unvote Rolan.

Spitfire
has yet to say a word. Lynch all Lurkers.
Next up is HFS.

meh to the activity null tell. While lurking can be good at times for scum, being active does more than that. What happens when we begin lynching lurkers?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 01:25:49 pm »

Sorry.
Unvote Rolan
Vote Spitfire

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2010, 01:37:16 pm »

Unvote Rolan.

Spitfire
Next up is HFS.

meh to the activity null tell. While lurking can be good at times for scum, being active does more than that. What happens when we begin lynching lurkers?

Answer: people stop lurking, and that helps town.

But Org, I'm a little confused.  Do you consider lurking a scum tell or not?

Hopefully we'll see some more activity tomorrow.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2010, 01:41:06 pm »

Unvote Rolan.

Spitfire
Next up is HFS.

Answer: people stop lurking, and that helps town.

But Org, I'm a little confused.  Do you consider lurking a scum tell or not?

Hopefully we'll see some more activity tomorrow.
No.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2010, 02:31:29 pm »

No.

Um, ok.  So why are you after Spitfire and HFS?  Wasn't it because they're lurking?  I'm totally behind that, they're as suspicious as siquo (also lurking, and my current vote).

I know your "Lynch all Lurkers" looks like sarcasm, but it also looks like your reason for voting.  Which is why I'm confused (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2010, 02:56:42 pm »

Quickrequest to mod: There's no stated deadline at the moment but if it's not already set as such I'd like to reuqest the deadline be placed to Tuesday  That'll allow everyone to show up on Monday if they weren't around for the weekend.
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2010, 03:03:41 pm »

Votecount

spitfire684 [1] - Org
Org [1] - SirBayer
SirBayer [1] - JaaSwb
HFS [1] - Halmie
Siquo [1] - Rolan7

Not voting: HFS, Siquo, spitfire684, quinnr

"I rather like cats," Pandarsenic commented, his gaze darkening slightly. "They know how much respect humans deserve. Of course, they're too dependent on humans to be ideal, but they're not bad. As far as animals go."

"I like Mischka," says Vektor.  "She is very good kyet.  She keeps me warm at night and is a very good friend."

He pauses for a moment, staring into the distance between the knights' broad shoulders.  Beside their ageless, dark-haired youth, he seems very old.  His brown hair is picked out with streaks of gray and his hands tremble.  His sharp eyes are framed with lines and his back is bent.

He is as young as they are, the trappings of young age stolen by snow.  Soon their years of combat will age them, too, beyond repair, and they will all be old young men with bad hearts and heavy memories.

"That does not mean that if another great winter comes, I will not eat her," he continues.  "They say the winters of England are not the winters of my homeland--but if a great winter comes, I will watch no more children starve.

"But no more of that.  We think now of better things.  What was next thing that happened?"

"For a long time," Dakarian says, "they were very quiet.  They sat like statues and watched each others' bright and solemn eyes, though if they read evil there or years of pain I do not know."

"For a long time," Pandarsenic says, "they were silent as death.  The snow piled outside in bright white sheets and they sat there shivering, as though imagining someone might save them.  They were weak and helpless in the face of mortality."

"They were strong and brave in the face of the end that confronts us all," Dakarian says.  "They were resolute.  They did not descend to madness or animal barbarism.  They were organized.  They did not cry and tremble."

"Yet," says Pandarsenic.  "Later, they cried like children in the rain."

Quickrequest to mod: There's no stated deadline at the moment but if it's not already set as such I'd like to reuqest the deadline be placed to Tuesday  That'll allow everyone to show up on Monday if they weren't around for the weekend.

It's set to end at 9 PM on Wednesday, as outlined in the first two posts.  The day's a bit long, but I'm counting the weekend as zero time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2010, 03:20:56 pm »

They need to die if they will not play.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2010, 03:31:31 pm »

Wait till Monday for that.  Anyone who doesn't post on monday earns a prod.  After that, they wake up and the attack begins or they don't wake and we start the replacements.

Now if a person lurks but isn't replaced, then it's lynch time
I KNEW IT!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2010, 03:34:20 pm »

But really? Four lurkers?
And I am not lurking. Yay.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2010, 03:37:00 pm »

But really? Four lurkers?
And I am not lurking. Yay.

Is it surprising?  It's a long weekend which includes Valentine's Day.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44