Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44

Author Topic: Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise  (Read 96443 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia IX, Day 1: Two knights walk into a bar...
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2010, 02:25:21 pm »

I agree with Siquo.

And really, being gone for 30 minutes isn't lurking. Just because you are super hyper-active and over-reacting to everything (scum!), does not mean we are lurking.

Now read this, it is in your language.:
AND REALLY, BEING GONE FOR 30 MINUTES ISN'T LURKING. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE SUPER HYPER-ACTIVE AND OVER-REACTING TO EVERYTHING (SCUM!), DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE LURKING.

And now you admit that you are scum with a vote on yourself. Either that or you are not playing to win.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2010, 02:28:03 pm »

I know I cant convince anyone anymore.

So, Day Shorten. Come on, if you think Im scum, no need to wait. Day SHorten.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2010, 02:30:45 pm »

You know, flipping the fuck out at everyone voting for you is a valid tactics for someone about to die. As scum it spreads WIFOM and as town it freaks the shit out of scum who vote for you.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2010, 02:32:35 pm »

You know, flipping the fuck out at everyone voting for you is a valid tactics for someone about to die. As scum it spreads WIFOM and as town it freaks the shit out of scum who vote for you.
...Great. Now everyone is going to think Im scum even more.
WHY?

EVERYONE DAY SHORTEN. KILL ME SOONER.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2010, 02:32:58 pm »

I don't see any reason to shorten the day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thank you.  I'm still suspicious of you, but you responded very reasonably to my questions.

To all: I know, I know, the "experienced players" are saying that's a bad thing. But they have not been paying attention. BM7 had several no-lynches, including Day 1, and was (let me emphasize) the first BM where town won.
Even the IC's were astounded. Which led me to two conclusions: 1. Experienced player means Jack Shit. 2. Any "experienced player" who has been paying attention to BM7 knows that a Day1 No-lynch can be a good thing for town. Being overly against it, is, as of now in my book very suspicious. Suspicious enough to warrant a lynch, even.

I didn't know that about BM7, BM8 was my first.  It's encouraging to hear.  While I have the utmost respect for our more experienced players, I'm becoming more and more convinced that their advice is... not always helpful.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2010, 02:34:05 pm »

...Great. Now everyone is going to think Im scum even more.
WHY?

EVERYONE DAY SHORTEN. KILL ME SOONER.

I made no statement of your alignment. I simply stated for general benefit that flipping out at people voting for you near your death is a null-tell.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2010, 02:36:29 pm »

Okay. It doesnt matter, Pandar.
I am scum. Sir Bayer is my scum partner. Rolan7 IS NOT SCUM.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2010, 02:40:51 pm »

To all: I know, I know, the "experienced players" are saying that's a bad thing. But they have not been paying attention. BM7 had several no-lynches, including Day 1, and was (let me emphasize) the first BM where town won.
Even the IC's were astounded. Which led me to two conclusions: 1. Experienced player means Jack Shit. 2. Any "experienced player" who has been paying attention to BM7 knows that a Day1 No-lynch can be a good thing for town. Being overly against it, is, as of now in my book very suspicious. Suspicious enough to warrant a lynch, even.

I didn't know that about BM7, BM8 was my first.  It's encouraging to hear.  While I have the utmost respect for our more experienced players, I'm becoming more and more convinced that their advice is... not always helpful.

Mostly, it's that you can't apply any piece of advice as a blanket.  They got lucky.  They had a cop and Siquo tunneled on scum D1.  So if you've got a cop and you know it, but the scumteam doesn't--AND the scumteam doesn't have a godfather--then yeah, no-lynching's the right answer, because it pretty much wins you the game.

Experienced player means that you know something about the many ways a scumteam can screw you over, and you can win even without your power roles holding your hand and getting lucky.  Experienced player means knowing something about the many ways power-heavy town can screw you over, and you can win even if you're in 3P lylo against two confirmed townies.

The only town win BM players have actually earned was in BM8.

If that still means jack shit to you... then well, that's too bad.  Please note that the town IC doesn't know who the scumteam is, and the scum IC doesn't know anything about the existence of town's power roles.  They're just like you, except for the part where they can't ask questions or feel out the situation on their own.  You can't expect them to always have the perfect answers in such moments.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 17, 2010, 02:44:46 pm »

Consider the fact that many of us 'experienced' have been around for a year.  During that time we 'experienced' have literally gone for months without a single town win except in games where the town had an overpowering advantage.

The streak of pure scum wins ended rather recently with BM7 and NM. 

So yes, DO take out advice with a grain of salt. 

A question though: what would be gained with a no lynch that wouldn't be gained by just extending the day instead?  You have the full right to extend the day to keep the discussion going.  Furthermore, in such day extensions, you maintain the 3 mislynches you have. 

Though it looks like you won't need a day extension today.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2010, 02:49:00 pm »

Unvote (SirBayer).

Okay. It doesnt matter, Pandar.
I am scum. Sir Bayer is my scum partner. Rolan7 IS NOT SCUM.

Great, I spend 50 minutes on a giant wall of text and then you claim scum  :o

Let's test that claim. Org.

Also, if you are indeed scum, expect to be immediately bussed if you ever find yourself on a scumteam with me. If not, I guess this day makes a great case for policy lynches. I can not see how this kind of conduct benefits anyone, ever, in a game with no jester.
The fish are watching.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2010, 02:52:03 pm »

Well. Let me say this. I cant convince stubborn town to do anything. I posted, and destroyed your reasons, but you wont change. GET IT OVER WITH. JUST END THE DAY.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2010, 02:57:57 pm »

Okay, Im not actually scum.

BUT JUST END THE DAY

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2010, 03:13:21 pm »

BUT JUST END THE DAY

............fail.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2010, 03:18:22 pm »

BUT JUST END THE DAY

............fail.
Hehehe
I want the day to end.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2010, 03:23:26 pm »

I'd like to also STRESS Vector's comment about me not having a deep feel of this game.  I am reading the game and seeing what's being said and I do have opinions, but you guys have the best feel about what's going on, especially since I cant' actually pressure anyone.

And I don't even know the power roles, nevermind the scum :P.

Btw, Siquo, I want you to read this part the most:

The hunt for scum is ALL.  If you do believe you can hunt them down by no lynches then go ahead.  If you believe you can catch them best by pushing the ICs out of the way then DAMN IT PUSH!  When I say "do anything and everything to hunt scum" I don't mean "but do what I say."  I do mean "even if it means saying F you to Dakarian."

..though if you do and you lose, Litia will eat you...alive.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44