Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Last stands of epic Perportion  (Read 4320 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Last stands of epic Perportion
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 01:23:04 pm »

!!Zombie Carp!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Look into my eyes... you must give cooookieesss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 08:32:56 pm »

You just have to love DF for these moments.

Thread must live! LIIIIVE!!
[pizza=omnomnom]

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 08:50:37 pm »

you linked to the same thread!?!?!? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOOL!  YOU HAVE DESTROYED US ALL WITH YOUR CARELESS LOOP MAKING!
Nom nom nom

!!Zombie Carp!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Look into my eyes... you must give cooookieesss...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 08:54:08 pm »

To contribute: Linky
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:34:11 pm by !!Zombie Carp!! »
[pizza=omnomnom]

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 10:07:04 pm »

So I'm playing the Zombie mod. On my second try, I find that my farmer has been slacking off- though I have all the seeds I ordered planted, he hasn't grown a thing. Meaning have no food stockpiled for winter. Then, a 70 zombie siege, on my first year. I close the drawbridge and hope my food lasts. It doesn't. The once peaceful group of 13 survivors starts to fight and tumble over every last scrap of food, then rats, then finally, the flies. Many survivors are killed or injured. All through this, a lone soldier defends the fortress from the ravenous hordes, once a mere peasant but now an elite marksman from his skill with an air rifle alone. He unloads stack after stack of bullets into the mass, severing legs and arms, but still the zombies crawl on. The outpost descends into madness, then treason- someone has pulled the gate! They are shot by the marksman, but punch him before dieing, disabling him. The only other two residents grab axes, but are bitten and torn apart. The marksman is the only living thing for miles. His bed surrounded by undead, he grabs his rifle, jumps out, wrestles a zombie to the ground, runs across the cellar, and unloads almost 30 bullets into the horde. Zombies splatter left and right, but the mob is endless. Click- he runs of of ammo. He pauses for one second, the grabs his rifle by the barrel and swings. He will not go quietly. Piles of severed heads and broken limbs lie at his feet. Then, a zombie sneaks up behind and pounces. The bite begins work immediately, paralyzing him. He is ripped to shreds.
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 10:47:54 pm »

Stuck with a powerful megabeast outside, the dwarves had sealed the entrance and let themselves sit idle in the fort in the hope that the danger would pass.

Sadly, it would not.

Another megabeast showed up.

And another.

And another.

In all, six of them, plus the occasional goblin swarms who got immediately torn to pieces by the flesh-hungry residents.  Determined to do a last attempt against this menace, I ordered 19 dwarves to begin a rigorous training session that would build them into masters of the art of war.

And then...

I unleashed them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QuffAwpc4k
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:58:54 pm by Shurikane »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 11:51:42 pm »

BEST VIDEO EVER!!!!!  pro overlapping of the sounds man, nice job.... also Left 4 dead=win!
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 2 [3]