Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Artifact weapon traps  (Read 2753 times)

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
Artifact weapon traps
« on: February 13, 2010, 08:56:50 am »

A fey mood inspired my weapon smith to make a gold serrated disk with golden spikes. Lacking any one to wield it I made a weapon trap with it(my only trap) and placed it just outside my doorway.

I have to check it regularly because julliened goblin and kobold keep manifesting mysteriously arround the trap. Sometimes in small clusters of 3-4 former thieves and snatchers.

I really wish DF currently tracked weapon history, because i'ld love to see it's kill screen. I'm pretty sure I saw that feature in the works somewhere.

Anyways does anyone else got any favorite artifact weapons they turned into traps?
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact weapon traps
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 09:35:47 am »

Weapoin tracking is in the new version.
I once put an Electrum mace in a weapon trap it was funny because it would just shatter goblins limbs until it eventually cracked there heads open
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 12:23:12 pm »

One of the entrances to my fortress had a single weapon trap up the front I had been too lazy to replace. It had a copper dagger which somehow managed to kill nearly everything that touched it. But anyways.

I think the only weapon artifact I've ever had was an iron short sword. Lacking a swordsdwarf (Hammers are way cooler =3), I put it in a trap. Ironically, all it did was kill dwarves. It was placed outside my craft shop for all those failed moods I kept having.

Dwarf goes berzerk
"ARGGHLEBAR-urk"
Urist McFailedmood has been struck down.
Artifact Weapon Trap drops several dwarven body parts.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 01:41:19 pm »

I had a fort where I got 5 different serrated artifact discs, so I made a line crossing my entrace, they tended to knock bodyparts all the way to the end of the map.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 01:00:42 am »

I think I remember reading somewhere about an artifact adamatine corkscrew and an artifcact adamantine mechanism...
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 03:14:54 am »

Put one in the middle of your barracks.

Hey, you'll get new decor for free every so often.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 06:00:01 am »

I stuff my back entrances with all the daggers left behind by kobold thieves. They don't kill anything directly but everything they hit bleeds to death within 10 steps.

My artifact bronze menacing spike(sadly it doesn't menace with spikes) produces a guaranteed red wound on everything that passes it and outright kills about 20% of it's victims.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 08:18:55 am »

I stuff my back entrances with all the daggers left behind by kobold thieves. They don't kill anything directly but everything they hit bleeds to death within 10 steps.

My artifact bronze menacing spike(sadly it doesn't menace with spikes) produces a guaranteed red wound on everything that passes it and outright kills about 20% of it's victims.

Anyone read this entire post the wrong way?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 10:17:55 am »

Well, THANKS, now I need to have a nice bottle of BRAIN BLEACH to fix my mind!

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 11:51:01 am »

You know, I'd managed to read that completely straight and as intended. Now, all I can think of is a fortressfull of dwarves with a very peculiar fetish.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Spong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 11:52:35 am »

I had a fort where I got 5 different serrated artifact discs, so I made a line crossing my entrace, they tended to knock bodyparts all the way to the end of the map.

This is made of epic win.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 02:59:46 pm »

Well, THANKS, now I need to have a nice bottle of BRAIN BLEACH to fix my mind!
You're welcome.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Hellzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 03:30:03 pm »

Well I can't unread it the wrong way now. Thanks, jerk.

;)

Drinkwound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 04:26:31 pm »

I wish i got artifact weapons...
California is even further away than last year :<.
That's plate tectonics for you...

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 05:14:27 pm »

I can't stop laughing now.
Pages: [1] 2