Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Island Adventure!  (Read 24384 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Island Adventure!
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2010, 01:36:32 pm »

Ah, I didn't see that. Modified.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2010, 04:10:42 pm »

One of the islanders who was mindlessly gathering and building decides to sneak off and sleep under a tree. While he sleeps, a python slithers down and wraps itself around his neck. Just then the tree is struck by lightning!

The islander wanders back into camp, his hair fried into a giant afro, the dead and ruined snake still coiled around his neck and shoulders. He stands there for a short time, wobbling back and forth. Then he scarfs down his ration and grabs a stone knife, running off toward the shore muttering about clams.

Clams clams.

He shall be named Dances With Clams.

(I spend 16 hours harvesting clams, dropping all the meat in the communal pile and hiding all the shells in a holy place among the rocky shore where nobody can see)
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2010, 05:28:07 pm »

Gray will patrol the island with his spear, looking for signs of dangerous creatures, as well as anything useful, like surface metal or something. If he still has time, he'll spear fish.

Gray's thoughts: "A wolf on a tropical island? Vanishing parachutes? Something is strange here . . ."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2010, 05:45:31 pm »

"Would you rather there be polar bears and mysterious hatches?"

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2010, 05:46:21 pm »

I join, I get the higest quality atl and javs I can as soon as such are reddy, I make a sundial, I plan out a forge for melting and smithing metals once we get those, and then I go look for mineral resouces for the rest of the day.

I vote for that for each task that anyone has suggested any villager should do at all, at least one and preferably at least 5 villagers should do only that for the entire day.

I sugest some vilagers shuld be sent to map the island, as well as to colect samples of evry plant and animal species thay can find, and  every kind of mineral and soil they can find.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2010, 05:46:50 pm »

If we find a hatch, we need to just pop the damn thing open immediately. No sitting around on our thumbs for three episodes turns while everyone gets irritated.

EDIT: Gah ninjad, Luke you fiend!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2010, 07:58:51 pm »

GREY IS A GENIUS.

Nanoth gathers wood for 4 hours, getting 8 kg of wood. He then helps construct the hut for 12 hours, constructing 24 kg of it.
Nirur makes 7 #javelins# and gains a level. He makes 3 -.javelins.- too. He keeps those. Then he makes 5 -.atlatl.-. Learning from his many hours of labor, he creates his masterwork: A finely crafted --Atlatl--.
Kadzar helps with the hut all day, building 32 kg.
Luke builds 3 more knives, one of which is quality 1. At 9:00 A.M., he takes it and spends 2 hours gathering 2 kg of fibrous vines. He then makes 4 thin fishing lines from them. At 3:00 P.M., he spends 2 hours making fishing hooks with his knife, using .5 kg of wolf bone. He then carves a fishing pole for one hour. He assembles two fishing rods from the materials he's made and the ones available. At 6:00 P.M., he spends the rest of the day hunting shellfish, gathering .6 kg of clams.
Ein spends 1 hour making a shortbow out of 1 kg wood and .5 metres of sinew. He puts it in his personal inventory. He spends 2.5 hours making arrowheads from stone. He assembles a spear with a stone knife as a tip. At 12:30, he spends the rest of the day gathering 19 kg of wood.
Matis gathers 10 kg of stone for 5 hours. He then builds 5 stone knives, gaining a level in Knifemaker. With the rest of his day, he trains, becoming a competent spear-user.
Alex hunts pigeons for 15 hours, catching 5. He becomes a Hunter. He cooks 2 kg of pigeon.
Dances With Clams grabs a stone knife and hunts clams for 16 hours, gathering 2.4 kg of raw clams and becoming a Novice Hunter. He takes care to keep the shells, getting .24 kg of clam shell.
Grey patrols the entire day, looking around the island for anything suspicious. He tries to concentrate, but he ends up going off course. He finds himself at the base of the mountain, entranced. Looking around he is surrounded by small flecks of mineral. He doesn't have anything to dig into the mountain with, but there are chunks lying around. He scrabbles for what little there is, but he could get so much more with a tool, any tool... He looks around, and sees small bits of brown stuff that shines gloriously. It shines so bright it doesn't really look brown anymore. It's just bright, bright white with a little bit of brown... He is mesmerized by small pieces of black gem. They seem like they're already cut, the faces are so smooth. He is overjoyed when he looks around and finds even more minerals. He find a bunch of chunks of mineral, blue, deep blue, bluer than anything he's ever seen. He's forgotten about patrolling entirely, and returns home with 1 kg of shiny black gem, .5 kg of blue rocks, and .25 kg of shiny brown stuff.

The islanders eat the cooked bird, 47 kg of fruit, and 28 kg of roots.

Since Nirur and Matis both have equal votes, I'll mix them up.
The islanders gather roots for 3 hours, gathering 27 kg of roots. They all make stone knives for an hour, using up 45 kg of stone and making 45 no-quality knives. At 10:00, they spend four hours gathering wood, gathering an astounding 360 kg of wood. At 2:00 P.M., they decide to spend the rest of the day on construction. They spend three hours on the hut, building the last 112 kg of it. They then spend 3 hours gathering stone for the granary. They gather 270 kg of stone. They spend the 2 hours building up the granary, finishing it off. They store 66 kg of roots, 2.6 kg of clams, and .5 kg of bird meat in the granary. They refuse to touch Org's body. It disgusts them.

The fire consumes 72 kg of wood over the day.

In the night, something makes off with 2 kg of Org's decomposing flesh.
It rains in the night. 1 villager catches a cold and will not be able to work tomorrow.
Luckily, nothing attacks you today.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:02:43 pm by Cheddarius »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2010, 08:13:41 pm »

Fashion plants and my rocks into some sort of hat, hopefully preventing certain people from reading my mind.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2010, 08:20:47 pm »

Matis' Actions:
  • Spend one hour to see if I can track who or what took that flesh.
If I do succeed in this I:
  • Spend 5 hours hunting for the elusive creature.
  • Spend the rest of my time cooking anything that is still raw.
  • If I still have time left I gather some of those rocks Grey found.
If I don't I:
  • Spend 5 hours gathering vine.
  • Spend max 5 hours on Rope-making.
  • Spend the rest of my time gathering some of those rocks Grey found.

(I vote for) Islanders Actions:
  • Spend 6 hours gathering wood.
  • Spend 6 hours gathering stone.
  • Spend 4 hours hunting pigeons.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2010, 08:22:05 pm »

If you think about it, and perhaps do some research, you will realize how you can use the rocks.

Matis, the flesh thing was a random event. I rolled the dice, an animal steals some of your food. It's just that the only food that wasn't in the granary was the flesh.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2010, 08:27:11 pm »

Can I ask why we had the islanders make stone knifes? It's not like we're fielding an army.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2010, 08:31:14 pm »

> Take over islander.
> Call self Crypt fiend.
> cook and store rest of org.
> try to cure sick man.
> spend rest of time gathering different types of plants.

(try to become medicine man.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2010, 08:37:04 pm »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2010, 08:38:36 pm »

Can I ask why we had the islanders make stone knifes? It's not like we're fielding an army.
'Cuz Matis said so. I thought it wasn't a great idea, I mean, Nirur here is cranking out these insane high-quality projectile weapons. When you have that kind of firepower (or will soon, at least), why would you try to equip an army with tiny stone knives to try and bum rush wolves or whatnot?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2010, 08:43:48 pm »

Glare at five of the villagers and command that they begin weaving baskets. Immediately! For at least 4 hours.

Administer some clam to the sick man. He must eat a bit of clam and wear a clam shell upon his forehead for the entire day. This will surely cure him!

> Exchange knife for a better one if available. Spend 16 hours hunting clams. Return the clam meat to the storehouse. Squirrel the shells away in the Holy Place on the coast.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22