Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Island Adventure!  (Read 24362 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Island Adventure!
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2010, 08:45:34 pm »

Grab one of those altalts and ammo, since they seem so good.
Cook clams.
Create 1 crab trap
Spend the rest of the day fishing.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2010, 08:47:01 pm »

Kadzar will tie a knife or two or three to his spear with Org sinew. Then he will work on making shelters so we all have somewhere to sleep and keep personal possessions.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2010, 08:48:33 pm »

Shut up webadict it stopped being funny after.
You forgot to roll for my becoming a zombie.

You acted stupid so you died, if you want back in maybe you can ask nicely for a new islander.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2010, 08:52:57 pm »

I make five shafts for my arrowheads.
If there are any feathers left from the hunted birds, I use those to finish them off.
If not, I hunt a bird with my spear. I only need one.
Then I use the feathers to finish the arrows.

Also, I use some of the remains (Org/wolf, skin/pelt, whatever is good) to fashion a quiver to hold my arrows.
I then use some more to create a belt for my knife and whatever other tools I may decide to carry around. This will be my tool belt.
If there's any time left, gather wood for the rest of the day.

And I vote for 5 villagers to gather wood.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2010, 09:11:30 pm »

Shut up webadict it stopped being funny after.

You acted stupid so you died, if you want back in maybe you can ask nicely for a new islander.
I actually did not act stupid. Cheddarius assumed that melting sand involves poking myself in the eye. I believe if you're going to blame me for being stupid, then you ought to blame him for being stupid. It's like saying Org throwing rocks is ridiculous. It isn't. It's actually a good move, especially if it's realistic, because if you have a rock in your hands, then you're going to throw it at a hostile being.

Rocks have been used as weapons since about forever. Occasionally, even nature uses them. You use sharp rocks for spears. You use slings. Ever heard of those? I'm pretty sure, if you're gonna talk to me about stupid, get your definition of stupid straight.

Melting sand into glass is a legitimate thing to do, as well. And obviously, if he wants realism, then: First, it's impossible for someone to crack open their own skull with a rock under their own free will, due to a survival instinct implanted in the brain. I'm sure I could hit myself really hard. But, I wouldn't continue to. I'd also only be able to knock myself unconscious in the same manner, and possibly bleed out over the course of several minutes.

Now, let's also assume that fire melts sand into glass (Hint: It actually does), one would usually assume that you don't use your hands. When somebody says, "Oh, well be more specific next time," it means that they really are completely clueless as to many processes of life and how they would function.

So, don't believe me if it wasn't realistic enough for him, when he's being comparably unrealistic. My suggestion is that you should probably take your double standards elsewhere.

You did it again.
You keep skipping me.
Pay more attention.
I wouldn't have to do this if I were actually being rolled for, now would I?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2010, 09:15:49 pm »

Grab one of those altalts and ammo, since they seem so good.
Cook clams.
Create 1 crab trap
How do you make a crab trap? For that matter, what is a crab trap? And do you make it with wood? Say, 2 kg, or 1?
Also, do you want to hold the atlatls/ammo, or put them in your personal inventory?

> Exchange knife for a better one if available.
Luke_Prowler has the only quality knife on the island. If you create a thread in which you beat him at a rap battle (I will judge), I will give you the knife.
Kadzar will tie a knife or two or three to his spear with Org sinew. Then he will work on making shelters so we all have somewhere to sleep and keep personal possessions.
Tipped spears don't need sinew. Also, personal possessions are already kept, but you can make wooden chests or something to mark them off more clearly, I guess.
If there are any feathers left from the hunted birds, I use those to finish them off.
That is genius. I didn't even think of that. I will add feathers to the game promptly.
I'll have fletching of quality X add X + 1 quality to the arrow.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 16, 2010, 09:18:45 pm »

webadict, maybe there are no zombies in this world. So there's no roll for zombification.

Also, you got booted from the game because you were getting progressively more argumentative and rude. The upward climb continues ...

I know it sucks, but sometimes as a player you just shrug and say whatever, roll a brand new character, and move on. If you don't like the referee, just don't play.

That's not to say Cheddarius couldn't have handled it better. But it's his thread.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2010, 09:31:03 pm »

16 pigeons have been killed over the course of the game. They yield 100 g of feathers each for 1.6 kg of feathers. It takes .01 g of feathers to fletch an arrow.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2010, 09:32:20 pm »

I spend 6 hours hunting, 4 hours making atlatls, 6 hours making javalins, and 2 hours making spears.

I don't actually care what the islanders do today, so long as I have enough wood and they don't starve.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2010, 09:34:37 pm »

How long does it take to build a fire?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2010, 09:46:21 pm »

Commander Cool gets 5 kg of wood and attempts to make glass. A foolish expression on his face, he rubs two sticks together gleefully. He plans to hold the sand over the fire, knowing that he will magically not get grievously burned. Unfortunately, he can't make fire and accidentally pokes himself in the eye.
Commander Cool has gained a level in Noble!
Commander Cool has gained a level in Blind!
A obvious joke. Backed up by.
They'll heal on their own if you don't touch them.
Look, man, you really should stop posting silly posts. I mean, magic? You know very well that's not the spirit of the game.
So you go and say.
RAGE BECAUSE I HAVE AN INCONVENIENCE FOR SEVERAL TURNS AT THE MOST!!!
Webadict, try healing your eye with a sharp rock.
Although a dumb idea and this is not a RTD I shall do it any way.
Warning you not to do something dumb.
This is the only place that Cheddarus did something dumb, and that was to not give you enough time to cool off and stop being dumb.
MORE
DUMB
SHIT.

The reason that you were poked in the eye is you have nothing but you are still trying to make glass, I don't know but I am confident in saying that you -at best- cannot get more than a pile of useless glass without more preparation. Than I THRUST THE SAND IN TO THE FIRE!! So you get minor, not effecting he story in anyway, punishment. You rage out and tell the GM
That's why I said medical equivalent! Freak the flip out, will ya?

What am I supposed to do while blind? How about this? I scream at other to do magic. Better, kid? Or are you gonna be a pansy and be a negative Nancy boy? Or, I summon forth the great god of fire to do my bidding. Or I'll gather sand and attempt to unblind myself by re-blinding myself, which therefore cancels out. Or, would you rather I go back in time to stop myself from blinding myself in the first place?

My God, learn to have a little sense, humor, or frickin' patience. Did I assume my character would be smart enough to find a container to melt sand into? Yes, I did. Did I assume you'd be smart enough to assume such a thing? Yes, I did. But, one of those assumptions is wrong, and I can tell you that most people would know that fire is hot.

So, instead of being a moron or whining like a baby, have some common sense and think.

What are you, two?

So you die, and act surprised.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2010, 10:02:08 pm »

Awesome Wall of Text

You, sir, have summed this up more completely than I ever could.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2010, 10:15:35 pm »

Righty O then...

Exaimne the plants gathered, Is there any that show crop like charateristics?
If any do,

Bide Knife to a thick branch so that the Knife is perpendicular (Right word I think) to the branch thus creating a Hoe.
Till ground and plant said plants.
Gather fresh water from nearby source, water crops.

If this doesn't take up all day, or I can't do it to begin with,
Stash (second collected) knife in waistband of pants,
collect a Few spears and an Altalt.
Hunt for rest of day, skining animal with knife if its has a pelt.
Hang Pelt up to dry.
Store meat.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2010, 10:18:45 pm »

I don't think it's such a smart idea to stash knives in your pants.
You should make a belt.
Or, let me make you a belt so I can get some more XPs.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2010, 10:23:54 pm »

One hand can hold a one-handed weapon (spears, atlatls), a shield, or 3 javelins. Doing things doesn't require this inventory; you can hold two spears all day and still, for example, gather fruit, but if you catch clams, you will remove one spear and put it in your personal inventory to equip the knife.

Your clothes are unusable or nonexistent. You cannot use them in any way. Neither can you hold a knife in your mouth, etc.

Also, for convenience, the game offers "loans". Say you have no wood, and you want to build a shed - if you build a shed, and someone else gathers wood, I'll assume that the wood comes in fast enough to supply your construction, regardless of whether it actually does.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22