Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some military questions  (Read 574 times)

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some military questions
« on: February 12, 2010, 12:58:27 pm »

When a squad is standing down, do I need to tell them not to carry food and water in order for them to take advantage of the booze stockpile and legendary dining room? Or do they ignore those orders when standing down?

Also, I'm expanding my army beyond its first squad of five wrestlers (now champions). I was planning to add a squad of five marksdwarves, but decided to train them in wrestling first. Four of them became elite and one of them became a champion. When I told them to start using crossbows, the elites switched from sparring in the barracks to archery practise at the archery range, but the champion continued sparring in the barracks. Is there no way to make a champion practise at the archery range?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some military questions
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 01:25:30 pm »

make a new squad for new troops it help keep them from geting killed and it easy to trian them.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 01:30:11 pm »

The new troops are in a new squad.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 01:54:18 pm »

... Is there no way to make a champion practise at the archery range?

Check his hands... [v-(select Dwarf) - i]. He's probably still clutching someone's undershorts, from his wrestling sparring days. Select them and mark them for Dumping. Someone will come and take them from him.

Then he should start practicing at the Archery Range.
Never pet a burning dog.

TheBeardyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 03:11:57 am »

The offending item turned out to be a waterskin. So, it looks like I need to periodically check all military dwarves and dump anything held in the hand that isn't handwear, a shield, or a weapon.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 06:14:55 am »

The offending item turned out to be a waterskin. So, it looks like I need to periodically check all military dwarves and dump anything held in the hand that isn't handwear, a shield, or a weapon.

Only if they've been WRESTLING since you last checked them.
Never pet a burning dog.