Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: How do Breatharians exist?!?!  (Read 5716 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: How do Breatharians exist?!?!
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 02:32:40 pm »

Yes, these people are completely fucked in the head, and come in two flavors.  Idiotic people who make shit up to feel/appear special, and even more idiotic people who believe them and try to emulate their magic powers.  There are a lot fewer of either than even mentioning them might make it appear.

And if you're going to invent fantastic abilities, not needing to eat is the best they could come up with?  I mean, I've gotten as far as osmosis, but Breatharianism is simultaneously ridiculous and really lame.

I think I know what you're talking about.

I CAN NOT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD READ THIS WITHOUT SOME PART OF MY BRAIN SHUTTING DOWN FROM COMPLETE AND UTTER CRAP DETECTION!

This on Wiley Brooks

Quote from: Wikipedia
He told Colors magazine in 2003 that he periodically breaks his fasting with a cheeseburger and a cola, explaining that when he's surrounded by junk culture and junk food, consuming them adds balance.[18] On his website, Brooks explains that his future followers must first prepare by combining the junk food diet with the meditative incantation of five magic "fifth-dimensional" words which appear on his website.[19][20] In the "5D Q&A" section of his website Brooks explains that cows are fifth-dimensional beings or higher that help mankind achieve fifth-dimensional status by converting three-dimensional food to five-dimensional food (beef) while in the "Holy Cows" section of the website a picture of cows with glowing eyes is provided so that the readers can sense the energy of the picture.[21] In the "Question and Answer" section of his website, Brooks explains that the "Double Quarter-Pounder with Cheese" meal from McDonald's possesses a special "base frequency" and that he thus recommends it as occasional food for beginning breatharians.[22] He then goes on to reveal that the secret of Diet Coke is "liquid light".[22] Prospective disciples are asked after some time on this junk food/magic word preparation to revisit his website in order to test if they can feel the magic.[20]
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 02:54:50 pm »

cows are fifth-dimensional beings or higher

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 07:46:04 pm »

This person makes me sad.  Converting 3D food into 5D food is not hard.  It's... 3D food embedded in 5-space.  Whoooo.  SAME BLOODY THING.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2010, 07:48:52 pm »

You make my brain hurt.

Coming from me that probably isn't high praise, but still.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2010, 07:50:48 pm »

I don't know, cows always seemed like higher beings to me. They just... stand there, have no fear of death and spend the entire day regurgitating food and re-eating it.

It's like they've found this peaceful little room deep within themselves, locked the door and accidentally lost the key. Sheep are even better.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2010, 07:52:40 pm »

This person makes me sad.  Converting 3D food into 5D food is not hard.  It's... 3D food embedded in 5-space.  Whoooo.  SAME BLOODY THING.

It isn't even that hard.  If you increase your framing to five dimensions, by definition, everything in it will have five points of reference.  Just assign the two additional variable values to your food.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2010, 07:57:03 pm »

Yeah, but what about turning it into 5D food in 5D space? Or a projection in 3-space of 5D food? What then, eh?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 07:59:52 pm »

God damnit. Whenever someone posts something new i feel the urge to look at it, and looking at all this crazy techno-babble is making my head hurt.

Damn crazy kids.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 08:00:12 pm »

I can't help but think this is either human stupidity at it's best (worst?) Or the most amazing McDonalds marketing ploy ever.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 08:01:57 pm »

In sceincetology, not eating is is suppose to be one of the super powers you get when you are clear. Along with super smell.

http://whatstheharm.net/breatharianism.html  Three recorded deaths,  with one couple being charged with man slaughter.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2010, 08:07:06 pm »

It isn't even that hard.  If you increase your framing to five dimensions, by definition, everything in it will have five points of reference.  Just assign the two additional variable values to your food.

Right, exactly.  Let's say our food is parametrized, for the hell of it (I actually used to do this for fun in my spare time).

Then in 3-space:

(x(t), y(t), z(t))

In 5-space:

(x(t), y(t), z(t), c, c')

Where the c, c' are just constants to tell you where you want to put the food WRT 5-space.  Same place?  No problem.  Just set c = c' = 0.

Yeah, but what about turning it into 5D food in 5D space? Or a projection in 3-space of 5D food? What then, eh?

>_>

No comment.  Had a midterm today, don't feel like doing any more parametrization ever.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 08:59:54 pm »

Okay, guys. Suppose you live in Flatland. You're two-dimensional. To us humans, Flatland looks like a huge piece of paper, with you guys moving and jumping around it Mario-style. To you, you guys are two-dimensional... but to us, who see you as an infinitely thin sheet, you're three-dimensional, simply by virtue of us living in a 3-dimensional world.

Forumsdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2010, 10:58:37 pm »

Eh, if we photosynthesized we'd still need vitamins and minerals from somewhere.
A Vishnu on the Third Level of Dimensional Being can fix nitrogen with his penis.

Chicks, too.  It's a metaphysical thing.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:02:25 pm by Forumsdwarf »
"Let them eat XXtroutXX!" -Troas

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2010, 11:00:02 pm »

That was so worth bumping from three days ago.  Totally worth it.  Yes.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2010, 11:26:49 pm »

5 d space is:

space, time, possible future(s) in time.

so one point for a 3d sandwich about 4 hours ago is in my stomach.

The rest of it's possible futures have shrunk to nothing with my consumption, lest ye delve into my digestive processes.

PBJ is good.
Chemically and physically changed into something else.  :'(

Now, to justify 5d space, you have to now know how something might change over time, position-wise, physical dimension wise, and chemical-wise. All sorts of other shit too probably.

For example, i don't know if i'll be a useless piece of shit and play some videogames, or falling down some stairs. Perhaps both. Several times.
Maybe I could be dead. That would certainly comb out alot of possible future activities, as well as lowering, the, uh, 5-D volume i cover.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5