Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: Most BS Deaths  (Read 160228 times)

Fellhuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most BS Deaths
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2010, 03:57:17 am »

Death in the middle of the night by goblins. Not to forget that I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF HUMAN TERRITORY! Let not also forget that the only goblin civ for miles was OVER A FRICKIN' MOUNTAIN RANGE!
Moria much? ;)

bobbylantine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2010, 04:46:57 am »

Got a quest to kill a night creature, I step into the lair entrance and take one diagonal step and end up getting beaten down by a barrage of carving knife attacks before I can even react.  Times like that make you wish you save before entering lairs. 

Fellhuhn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2010, 04:58:19 am »

Just walked into a fortress to hire some companions. Wondered why I couldn't talk to the human wrestlers there... ... somehow I must have been at war with them. Killed three before one of them punched my brain in...

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2010, 07:39:03 am »

To get around Toady having removed forest retreats and mountain halls from adventure mode, I modded dwarves and elves to build human-style cities. Then while I was at it, I also modded kobolds and goblins to do the same. Just to be sure I wouldn't face some BS death by arrow, I modded all civilisations to not have access to ranged weapons.

Start elf adventurer, I want some metal equipment so I pick up some bandit quests. Ok, the nearest camp is too far to travel from the nearest elf hamlet but there's another village almost 2/3 of the way there and I have no reputation so I can't bring party members. I travel to said village and go up to a house to ask for permission to sleep. Said house is filled with a bunch of kobolds and I can't speak to them of course. One of them even came out of the house to attack me but I killed him easily. But you know, it's evening and there's no hospitable accomodation anywhere in sight? This being a starting adventurer, I didn't have much chance against the bogeymen that came when I made my death march in a futile attempt to run to safety somewhere.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Barrett Brown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2010, 04:03:43 am »

Modded antmen to breed. Walk to chasm at least a hundred came out and ripped me to shreds.

I don't see how running across a hundred antmen who proceed to kill you counts as a BS death. In fact, a lot of these seem perfectly logical. "I was fighting nine guys on top of a building with people shooting arrows at us from below and I died WTF HAX!!111"

Squeak_Rustfur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2010, 04:20:49 am »

Well, there was that time my kobold adventurer was woken by the sound of his skull being shattered by an arrow... one hit kill...

Ancient Whale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2010, 07:09:20 am »

My latest epic adventurer, a Master Swordsman(from hero beginnings, so I had been playing him for a while), by the name of Bugi Braveankles the Saturninity of Paddles and performer of such epic feats such as breaking a hydra's upper spine with the first blow of the battle and killing a Desert Titan with a single kick, found himself without any real challenge and decided to travel to the very ass-end of the world to annihilate a dark fortress located at the frigid and perpetually foggy southern edge of the world. Beginning with thirteen varyingly experienced followers(admittedly, two of them were crippled), the fellowship soon found itself under incessant goblin attacks and no place to hide(and a visibility of one square in every direction due to the fog, even during the day.). By the time Bugi was drawing close to the sinister fortress, all of his companions had been slain, but he was confident that he could take on any number of goblins by himself. So, with the shadow of the stronghold on the horizon, he went to sleep one last time before the great battle of our time.

He woke up some hours later to the peculiar and uncomfortable sensation of a steel arrow piercing through his upper spine, paralyzing him. A few seconds later, another dart whistled out of the fog to put him out of his misery.

(Sure, I deserved that for sleeping alone close to a fortress(or anywhere outside, for that matter), but I was sure I could survive the first few hits since just a few minutes earlier I had watched a pikegoblin try in vain for several minutes to deliver the killing blow to my crippled axeman friend, but being foiled by his <<bronze helm>>)

Dareon Clearwater

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:colorful underwear]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2010, 08:10:49 am »

Most of my adventurers last for at least one quest.  The exceptions, however, are rather amusing.  Sent to kill off a dusk critter spouse of some sort, I approached the cave, crept inside, and charged the horrid beast.  I missed, and the spouse punched me in the chest, shattering a rib and forcing it through a lung.  I immediately fell to the ground and started suffocating.  I didn't last very long after that.

Another one was starting to look like a decent adventurer, I'd managed to trade off all the phat loots I'd found for a nice set of bronze armor.  Tasked to exterminate a bandit camp, I set out full of confidence.  As soon as I get near the camp, BAM!  Arrow to the upper body, chipping the spine.  I drop my weapons and fall over, then watch for a good two minutes real time as two axemen and a hammerman beat futilely at my wonderful armor before the archer finally opens an artery and I bleed to death.
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2010, 11:39:08 am »

You miss the Night Terror Groom.
The Night Terror Groom grabs your +iron short sword+ with its lower left arm.
You have lost possession of the +iron short sword+.
The Night Terror Groom slices you in the upper right arm and the severed piece flies off in an arc.
You have bled to death.

:'(

Emily Murkpaddled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2010, 02:12:16 pm »

My best adventurer, in full iron gear, was killed by a single blow from a warlord wielding a silver whip. :( He hit her on the hand during a counterattack, and she instantly went unconscious from pain ... for like 8 times ... before he finally came back to finish her off. It was my first adventurer who received quests for megabeasts, and I was just routing bandit camps for extra skill at the time ... so I was sad that I wouldn't get to actually go die to the dragon instead. :P

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2010, 01:14:40 pm »

Got in a fight with a crossbowgoblin, hacked off his weapon arm, then he brainspikes me with the bolt he was holding in his offhand for some reason.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

wurli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2010, 03:19:30 pm »

The great dwarfen hero Limulnosim found peace today. The mighty slayer of dragons, horror of the night-creatures, doom bringer of evil-doers passed away.
He was a legendary fighter, both with sword or hands, feared by his countless enemies and worshiped by the peasants. Kings bathed in his glory, women dreamed of him at night, but when the sun settled, he was out in the wilderness fighting against the spawn of hell.
No fight was avoided, even when facing several foes at once, he would grip his mighty sword, pray silently to Armok and go about to sent new souls to the depth of the Abyss.
His death wasn't by the hands of his enemies, they wouldn't have dared.
He died like so many of his generation during his night time swim-training. How should he have known that the tropical freshwater-lake wasn't entirely in the tropical hemisphere? The quick icing encased him for his eternal slumber, only giving him free in the sunlight, letting him roam through the day, a small reminder of the freedom he once sought.
May he rest in peace.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2010, 03:37:26 pm »

dodging into magma ,

NO SHIT

I managed to kill a cyclopse as a peasant or something a few versions back by getting it to chase me to the edge of a volcano, then luring it to the edge and attacking it until it dodged into the magma.

I've never had a plan that worked so well.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 18, 2010, 04:21:34 pm »

I got pwned in the right foot by a minotaur and went unconscious for awhile, minotaur killed my whole army while i was unconscious then when i regained consciousness i tried fighting it but i missed everytime (tghis minotaur was on crack srsly) and he beat and grabbed me and killed me. Even when i was healthy i kept missing, my skills were high too lol

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 18, 2010, 04:49:09 pm »

I was in sinister place killing undead wolves. When i was done, i was injured, but i was still breathing, so i was happy. I started exploring, and then, an undead muskox kills me.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25