Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: Most BS Deaths  (Read 160230 times)

vipre01

• Bay Watcher
  • asdf
    • View Profile
Re: Most BS Deaths
« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2010, 07:56:57 pm »

Unlucky dodges off high elevations.

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2010, 01:06:42 am »

Just had some horrific luck..
First, while travelling on the world map, I "felt uneasy" and ended up spawning in a pit with no way out. Yes, I tried alt+move. Lots.
Starved to death, started a new adventurer.. Travelled the world map again, and upon exiting.. I am in another goddamn pit with no way out.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2010, 01:11:31 am »

You could always spam [.] or train throwing in the pit, if you have companions to ward off the bogeys. If not, that's too bad.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 18, 2010, 12:57:30 pm »

Another adventuring mishap
Modded raw's so I can summon a set of adamantine armor and weapons with one knapping reaction just so I could try murder everything but I put the
wrong gauntlets in the reaction and couldn't wear them but shrugged it off and charged out for adventure.

later after killing a balor(semi megabeast from genesis mod) I was attacked by bogeymen. Punch to the hand and i'm out cold and then it takes several hundred turns for them to break past my armor and kill me.  :(
The mighty slayer of dragons taken down by hundreds of punches.

gabriot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 18, 2010, 08:02:07 pm »

I actually get the most angry when I die from sleeping in the wilderness with a party.  I mean c'mon, there's 12 of us and I should be able to set up some sort of watchman rotation.  And either way you think wake up in the process of being stabbed 52 times by 5 different creatures of the night, at least at some point before I died?

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike The Earth Until It Bleeds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2010, 11:28:21 pm »

Bogeymen.  That is all.
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
Dwarf Fortress: Proving That Violence IS The Answer Since 2002.
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

RustyTheBrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2010, 11:54:12 pm »

Bogeymen.  That is all.
Same here, many an adventurer has ended with his skull being KICKED through his brain. Kicks seem disproportionately strong.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2010, 11:56:44 pm »

A dwarf can punch a minotaur's brain through his skull, and you are saying KICKS are too powerful?

AllThingsLive

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn, I'm a sexy bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 21, 2010, 02:22:06 am »

Taking out a whole camp of goblins (9 of them), and leaving untouched, only to die by the hands of a sea lampray while crossing a river... he bit off both my feet and hands and I inevitably drowned.
If you haven't already, you MUST listen to the Joe Rogan Experience : http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-joe-rogan-experience/id360084272

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 21, 2010, 03:59:40 am »

Handling many spouses and brides of various hideous creatures like there were nothing, only to be beaten, strangled, and presumably eaten by another.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2010, 06:31:18 am »

As far as I know just distance.

A 1 z-level fall is harmless.  Just a stun.  Even falling onto spikes from this distance won't inflict damage.

A 2 through 3 z level fall will cause moderate wounds, but probably won't be immediately fatal.

3-5 is a toss up, you could die from the fall alone, but even if you don't you are likely seriously wounded.

6 and more is almost certain death.

10 or more is almost certain death with a good chance of flying limbs.

P.S.  Water does not slow your fall in the least.  You will fall through any amount of water (or magma) as if it was air before striking the riverbed at full speed.  I also do not believe armor protects you.

P.P.S.  Also that waterfall?  The water you saw in the step shape was probably water falling through the air.  Even if it would slow your fall, it's falling just as fast as you are it won't be there anymore once you start falling.

Now THAT calls for dwarven science! I seem to recall hearing discussions about sending a team of dwarves to the bottom of the ocean, this is the way to do it :D It would allow us to send our adventurers to the bottom of the ocean. Surviving the impact is another story :P

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2011, 10:58:11 pm »

Bitten in the lower body by a goblin who had his arms and legs chopped off.
It exploded in gore.

The Jimmy Hoochinelli of Goblins...

JacaByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 13, 2011, 12:35:18 am »

I attack to stab a dark hag mate with a long sword as a human swordsman. The dark hag mate counterstrikes by ripping out my lower spine. I lay in a pool of my own blood and vomit, unable to stand or grasp, and suffocate.

*crICK* MY SPINE!!!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2011, 05:33:13 am »

My blood! You punched out all my blood!

My most frustrating death is as follows:
Bimta Whoresplashes, slayer of beasts, murderer of elves leads his heavily armed squad into the undefended hamlet expecting slaughter.

"The child stabs you in the head from the side with her steel slicing knife. The severed part sails off in a bloody arc. "

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

GrueSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2011, 09:18:25 pm »

"The child stabs you in the head from the side with her steel slicing knife. The severed part sails off in a bloody arc. "

You mean Mountainhalls actually are places now? or are you just playing and older version? Because only dwarves have steel.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25