Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Most BS Deaths  (Read 158058 times)

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
Re: Most BS Deaths
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2010, 09:57:58 pm »

I got a Female character named Rakust Idenshorast "Rakust PaddleWire" He is a Spearman(duh).
WHAT
Uhh, oops? Fixed.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2010, 11:13:11 pm »

All my adventurers are killed for terrible reasons. Like one time I was walking about in a town clad in steel plate. I decided to start a battle so I hit a guard who was standing on the top of the keep and he flew off the tower and exploded. Meanwhile the entire fucking town was charging to the tower and I was just hacking off their limbs as they walked up the stairs. I killed tons of people then walked downstairs and started to loot the town. I met a single swordsman. I charged at him and he somehow gets a lucky shot and sends his sword through my brain and kills me instantly.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2010, 11:13:40 pm »

Happened in Dwarf Mode, but I had my newly appointed, hand picked Captain of the Guard sorting out his gear when an ettin attacked. I hoped my miners could buy some time while the captain got his armor on and went out to fight. Instead the miners managed to deal with the ettin after a rather long wrestling match. Deciding my guard didn't get dressed up for nothing, I send him off to kill a cougar. Who slays him handily, thus causing more casualties than the ten foot two headed monster. BS.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Conservative Swine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2010, 06:58:59 pm »

I survive depopulating a few towns with my guy, taking almost no damage and becoming totally awesome.
Next town: I get shot in the eye with a bolt. I figure no big deal, it'll stop bleeding eventually. I pull it out and continue killing these people. I suffer more and more blood loss from the one wound and try to stop it. The health screen is totally useless, as are my various items of clothing; despite common sense telling me I could use a sash or a sock to slow bleeding. So I completely bleed out from one eye wound and there was no way to stop it myself, which is retarded.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2010, 09:28:08 am »

I was trying to get my BEST characters swimming skill up but suddenly,it is winter,you have been struck down

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 22, 2010, 10:10:24 am »

i went on a quest to kill all the monsters of the caverns and caves.
i had killed 2 cyclops 10 giants 5 minotaurs and LOTS of harpies when i round a cavern corner and see a mole rat dog thing. he attacks i dodge.

right of the 1 Z level drop and bam mortally wounded lungs. i suffocate and thats the end of me

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 22, 2010, 06:47:49 pm »

Well, it was the middle of winter, and as I didn't want to freeze, i started a fire, and took shelter behind two boulders. 5 minutes later:

you are melting
you are melting
you are melting
you are melting
you are melting
you have bled to death.

dmgpurity

• Bay Watcher
  • Mew! *Boom*
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2010, 12:10:06 pm »

My very first adventurer was beaten to death with his own sock.
LMAO
sigged

My adventurer died after jumping off a building after dodging an arrow shot by an elf aimed at another person!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 12:17:19 pm by dmgpurity »
My very first adventurer was beaten to death with his own sock.
Dwarf Fortress: Lead socks.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2010, 02:06:20 pm »

Found a huge, long waterfall and tried hopping down one level at a time. Each tier was 2-3 water until the last one, which was two levels down and 7/7 deep. So I dove, hit the water and died. Wtf is that?

This might be off topic, but what determines falling damage and protection? Yesterday, I dodged a bolt off a temple ledge, fell two levels into the pool and walked away stunned. This time I was wearing full steel and had all superhuman physical stats, but I wonder what saved my ass this time.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2010, 03:20:25 pm »

As far as I know just distance.

A 1 z-level fall is harmless.  Just a stun.  Even falling onto spikes from this distance won't inflict damage.

A 2 through 3 z level fall will cause moderate wounds, but probably won't be immediately fatal.

3-5 is a toss up, you could die from the fall alone, but even if you don't you are likely seriously wounded.

6 and more is almost certain death.

10 or more is almost certain death with a good chance of flying limbs.

P.S.  Water does not slow your fall in the least.  You will fall through any amount of water (or magma) as if it was air before striking the riverbed at full speed.  I also do not believe armor protects you.

P.P.S.  Also that waterfall?  The water you saw in the step shape was probably water falling through the air.  Even if it would slow your fall, it's falling just as fast as you are it won't be there anymore once you start falling.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 03:28:39 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kaeoz Crimson

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike The Earth Until It Bleeds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2010, 04:00:52 pm »

Walking up to a cave where 8 legendarily powerful giants were waiting for me.  I was quickly surrounded and wrestled to death.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!
Violence, Fire, And Duct Tape Have One Thing In Common: If They're Not Solving The Problem, Then You Need To Use More!
Dwarf Fortress: Proving That Violence IS The Answer Since 2002.
And a thought occurs: if you made soap out of those poison demon squirrels, wouldn't it dissolve your flesh when used?  I THINK WE HAVE OUR NEXT EXPORT TO THE ELVEN KINGDOMS, GENTLEMEN!!!

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2010, 07:00:33 pm »

Starvation...
Dehydration...
lack of bodily fluid...

Anything not requireing you to not be a fight in is BS for adventure mode...

StreetPizza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2010, 07:43:05 pm »

After knocking an angry bear into a pool of water, stupidly charging in after it instead of waiting for it to drown.
the soapmaker Urist McSudsy has come!  Beware his deadly cleansing action!

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2010, 09:41:39 pm »

My entire village died of BS deaths. Their wood is populated with satyrs and unicorns, 'blessed' woodland creatures. They're only dangerous when you come close, and they try to run away when the elves chase them down like axe-crazy dwarves, only to get gored or cut up when they do finally reach them. I got a pretty good gash in my leg, myself. Then there were the demons never known to history crawling out of the ground. Every time I turned around, someone was making a sludge of elf-gore just off-screen, then disappearing before I get there. It was like a bad horror movie, my character just kept turning up bodies and missing the monsters until she was the Final Girl.

rogejun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2010, 10:38:10 pm »

the worst death in all my story of game... me and one maceman was anbushed by one lion we killed him but the maceman atack one horse i follow him thinking it will be FUN... we two have died in one round and they put a price in the now named Ashgurad The horse, he lived in one cave like one megabeast... someone too was killed by a (evil demoniac) horse?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25