Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(You can change your decision) If you had to focus on something I told you, boring, interesting, ect, how well would you be able to?

Hey what's this for!
- 6 (16.2%)
I can't concentrate on a single idea/person/place/ect for more than ten minutes.
- 1 (2.7%)
I can concentrate, but only less than an hour.
- 1 (2.7%)
I can concentrate fairly well, but don't expect me to last for more than two hours.
- 1 (2.7%)
My concentration is good, I can go on for more than a few hours focusing on anything.
- 2 (5.4%)
I'm well disicplined in this concentration and with enough will power, I can concentrate on anything for hours or even days.
- 2 (5.4%)
I can concentrate well, just so long as I don't have anything to disturb me.
- 2 (5.4%)
I can't focus on anything if there's something out there that has potential to get my intrest.
- 5 (13.5%)
I like to multi-task my stuff, it works quite well but I'm definetly no good at focusing on one thing.
- 3 (8.1%)
I'll only do it if it intrests me.
- 7 (18.9%)
Even if it isn't interesting, I'll try my best but don't expect me to last too long.
- 2 (5.4%)
The same as the above, you're just able to last much longer in concentrating.
- 5 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Attention Span  (Read 1309 times)

winner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Atention Span
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 05:19:39 pm »

that bbc survey is meaningless with regards to attention spans.  If you give me an objective way to measure concentration or attention span then I answer the poll
The great game of Warlocks!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 07:47:16 pm »

Hm... my attention span is generally pretty long.  I can sometimes go for several days paying attention almost exclusively to one thing.  Sometimes my attention span isn't that strong *shrug*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 08:03:07 pm »

dude, you have a dwarven mood going there!
Nom nom nom

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2010, 10:50:07 am »

I can only concentrate on things that interest me which explains my failing grade...

Also, you misspelled "Attention." :)

Whoops, typo, my bad.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"
Pages: 1 [2]