Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 1984: a Quick re-cap  (Read 4033 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 1984: a Quick re-cap
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2010, 06:24:22 pm »

@Lego: Well, that was one of the easiest examples to explain. I actually think the drones do the actual flying, navigation, and aiming themselves already anyway, and humans just swich betwen targets and pull the trigger.
The technical stuff is beside the point anyway, the point is that the hardwere alredy exist, and libraries to write the softwere in less than a week also exist. Technology is alredy at the point were you CAN make these robots. In fact, I have chosen examples that are below the fronteir of the feild as I have been talking abaut bettlfeld application. in the labs much better softwere than I've described exist.

I'd argue that there's no intent to put any of that technology into a T100 any time soon.

Autonomous =! AI. A land mine is autonomous. Are we worried about land mines taking over the world?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2010, 06:31:15 pm »

DANG YOU TO HECK, AQIZZAR.

I hated that movie.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2010, 06:38:23 pm »

Autonomous =! AI. A land mine is autonomous. Are we worried about land mines taking over the world?
As far as I understood, yes that is exactly what you're worrying about. An actual AI would take over the world more or less regardless of hardware, because the human brain is horribly, disgustingly bad at just about everything except a few key areas there were important for hunter-gatherers. But I don't want to get into this debate, I'm of to sleep now.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]