Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My internet is so slow its getting dangerous.  (Read 890 times)

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
My internet is so slow its getting dangerous.
« on: February 10, 2010, 03:05:50 pm »

My internet suddenly became slower than a slowpoke, this has appened before in my windows 7 laptop that uses wifi. I woke up did stuff turned on my computer bam! Its moving so slow that I start to rage hard, after doing what ever I could in my own personal power I just started playing games on it and going outside. After a week or so I turned on my computer and it was back to normal changing websites in seconds instead of minutes. Now it has returned and a week passed and its still shit slow. It has nothing to do with me downloading stuff because I did a system restore to a earlier time (making me lose Mountandblade and warcraft3 plus expansion) and its still so slow. Help me please im going insane.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: My internet is so slow its getting dangerous.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 06:18:53 pm »

Uhh... bitch to your ISP?

Make sure you have a good wifi reception?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 06:19:28 pm »

First of all, I must state the irony that I had to reload this thread because it failed to load the first time.

That said, I too have been having slow interwebs for the past few days. What's your ISP?

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 12:21:21 pm »

Every other computer and laptop in the house is fast and normal.

I live in cambridgeshire, Uk
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 07:35:30 pm »

I'd give my right arm for internet faster than 56k. Living in a rural area has it's perks, but internet is not one of them.

As for your internet problem, how is it set up? Sounds like there is an issue between your router and your computer if the other computers are unaffected. I'd check that first.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 07:41:29 pm by Creaca »