Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pyschonauts  (Read 599 times)

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
Pyschonauts
« on: February 09, 2010, 10:28:01 pm »

Anyone else here played this? If you haven't, you should. Telekinetic bears, pyrokinetic mountain lions, a deranged dentist turned brain surgeon bent on world domination, psychic death tanks, and more.
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pyschonauts
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 10:58:53 pm »

It's an absolutely amazing game. I picked it up during the $2 sale on Steam - best $2 I ever spent, hands down.

Of course, there's not much I can say without adding spoilers to the thread... but some of the levels are really quite ingenious. From gravity-twisting neighbourhoods, to literal mental battlegrounds, there was always something new to explore. And something new to collect - oh dear goodness, this game has a lot of collectible items. Just off the top of my head, you've got cards, challenge markers, arrowheads, scavenger hunt items, figments, luggage tags and luggage, vaults, cobwebs...

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
Re: Pyschonauts
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 11:00:10 pm »

Yeah... I missed the Steam sale, but I played it on Gametap for a while when it was in the free lineup. It is not to be missed.