Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Started my own village.  (Read 4429 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Started my own village.
« on: February 09, 2010, 07:57:55 pm »

So in the cul-de-sac outside my house, me and my two sisters, and the two kids across the street have been digging tunnels in the snow mountain.

Well today one of the neighbors asked us what the name of the mountain was.
This got me thinking of Civics class. I could make my own village.

So I did. We are a Communist society. Our village name is New Moscow. We live in Mount Moscow. We consist of 5 members. 3 males and 2 females. We speak Russian and English. We use the Cyrillic alphabet.

Sounds pretty stupid huh? Well it's awesome.

Pictures from 2-7-10!
Spoiler: West Side. (click to show/hide)
This is the west side, it is the main side. The hole on the left is the main hole, the one on the right is now finished and is expanding.

Spoiler: Inside indent (click to show/hide)
This is an indent we plan to expand with, the entrance is to the left of this picture. It is the hole on the left of the first picture. Above this one is the tunnel to the top.

This is to the right of the indent. This leads upward in a slope towards the first two holes. The first two holes now lead to the main igloo hole on the east side, (no picture of east side yet.)

Spoiler: Tunnel leading up (click to show/hide)
This is the tunnel leading directly upwards. It is in the main tunnel.

This is the tunnel leading to the tunnel on the right on the first picture, which is now fully carved out, (finally got out that giant piece of ice.), we are now expanding that tunnel.

Spoiler: Looking out. (click to show/hide)
This is looking out of the left tunnel on the first picture. This is the main tunnel. Above me is the tunnel leading straight up. To the right is the indent. to the left are the tunnel to the old tunnels, and the tunnel on the right in the first picture.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:50:48 pm by Hippoman »
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Started my own village.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 08:09:10 pm »

Would you like to open trade relations with Swick-fresh-credible? My snow fort covers over 4 square meters, uses capitalism, and consists of 7 English speaking people, 3 men and 4 women. We are willing to trade our powdery snow for tightly packed bricks of snow.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 08:10:39 pm »

How weird the Russian thing may or may not be depends on where you are.  Where are you?

Incorporate as fast as you can and license a utilities deal.  Offer tax breaks for business to attract commerce.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 09:08:05 pm »

I thought everyone was going to laugh.
Ha.

Would you like to open trade relations with Swick-fresh-credible? My snow fort covers over 4 square meters, uses capitalism, and consists of 7 English speaking people, 3 men and 4 women. We are willing to trade our powdery snow for tightly packed bricks of snow.
We have an over abundance of powdery snow. Its been snowing the past two days and plans to keep on.

How weird the Russian thing may or may not be depends on where you are.  Where are you?

Incorporate as fast as you can and license a utilities deal.  Offer tax breaks for business to attract commerce.

Minnesota.
It's strange to everyone around me. I was very surprised when I found out the guy across the street loved Russia too. I happen to be an actual Communist and been trying to learn Russian.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 09:15:45 pm »

The might of my linked snow tunnels laughs at the reds! The snow is deep enough so that I've been slowly circulating all the way around my house with tunnels. I LOVE my E-tool. Best shovel ever.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:18:26 pm »

I've got a hatchet and some gardening shovels. Our snow is really icy so I actually have to hack at it with the hatchet.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 09:39:35 pm »

I use a trench shovel, gardening shovels, full length, ice breakers, oar, hockey stick broken hockey stick, and a hoe.
Pictures of it in a second.
2 day old pictures.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 09:41:52 pm »

Sounds great. All you need now is some Vodka and you'll be all set!
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 09:43:04 pm »

The small village of tunnels has sagged under the weight of increased snowfall. We tried our best to repair the broken shelters, but the snow had not hardened as much as we expected. The small village of DukeLand requests foreign aid to assist us in the rebuilding of our homes and for providing comfort to the three citizens currently holed-up in a nearby house while their shelters are being repaired.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 09:47:26 pm »

I've never founded a nation, but I did form a national outpost.  When I was a kid, I lived in Michigan, and every year one corner or traffic circle would pile high with rock-hard snow, and joy of joys when it happened to be in front of my house.  Greater Aqizzaria launched a three man armed expedition to the corner, and the awesomest, tinyest snow castle ever.  Razor sharp parapets, gunnery nests, and a radar array.  It's amazing what you can do with some crutches, grills, and a little imagination.

Which was nothing compared to the 20-foot mountain in front of the school, but that was open territory no potentate could hope to hold.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 09:50:45 pm »

The small village of tunnels has sagged under the weight of increased snowfall. We tried our best to repair the broken shelters, but the snow had not hardened as much as we expected. The small village of DukeLand requests foreign aid to assist us in the rebuilding of our homes and for providing comfort to the three citizens currently holed-up in a nearby house while their shelters are being repaired.

In exchange for technology's that can be utilized to rescue your fine village, i request an undefined amount of alcohol.

I await your response with baited breath.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:52:55 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 09:52:16 pm »

Pictures are up. VERY outdated.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 09:56:37 pm »

We are now doing some fortifying of our position. We used a heated water bucket to ice the entirety of the complex, then removed excess snow and made it into ice blocks. Tomorrow, we will shape these to fit the outside of the tunnels, and use fire to seal them all together, and after that we are going for an igloo with a chimney on the outside.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 10:09:04 pm »

Attention! The ice-land of Phasco requires immediate shipments of snow. Our civilization has melted under the cruel eyes of that sun in the sky. Any and all snow will do. We need it here immediately so that we can save our precious records, data, and test subjects. Do not let the experiments of making Arctic Koalas go to waste! Please, think of the koalas! They need your help, or they will die under the hot, blistering sun! Save the Arctic Koalas!
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 10:12:30 pm »

Damn you all.
I live in Hawaii and have no snow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6