Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I make my own Dwarves (or whatever playable civ) butcherable?  (Read 746 times)

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm certain it's been asked before, but searching the words 'butcher' and 'Dwarf' isn't exactly productive.  Also: what's a good way to make sure I can butcher other sapients without having to wait for thieves to show up? 

(edit: looks like the 'Eat Sapient' tags are sufficient, in the case of the second question, but I'm still wondering about the first)

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 01:21:32 pm by TeDDD »

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I make my own Dwarves (or whatever playable civ) butcherable?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 01:25:23 pm »

Oh, and followup question: is it possible to edit what gives Dwarves happy and unhappy thoughts?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:44:57 pm »

2. Pretty much impossible as far as I know; it appears that even species which'll eat anything won't cannibalize.
3. Not in the sense of what objects they pick. Certain personality traits might change things in specific situations - whether a dwarf holds a grudge or takes joy in slaughter or such, but nothing effective for the most part.

TeDDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 01:52:40 pm »

Damn.  To get accustomed to modding, I'm working on a race of 'Feral Dwarves'.  I was hoping they'd eat anything and not get in a bad mood when their friends get butchered.  Oh, and make all sorts of stuff out of each other's bones.

Any ideas for that theme?  I've already made only three custom weapons usable (one digging and two melee) but I'd love some suggestions for stuff to try.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 02:00:46 pm »

Unoriginal as it may be, here's one: A smelter reaction which turns chunks into an inedible plant which can be brewed (this'll work on dwarf chunks as well). If you really wanted to be able to eat dwarfs, you could always try to come up with a reaction that makes meat out of dwarf corpses, though I can't remember the code for large remains.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 10:11:29 pm »

to make them not feel bad about losing a friend or wife or whole family give them [NO_EMOTION] don't think I spelt it right look at Treants or Bronze Colossi they have that tag, if a creature has CAN_SPEAK or INTELLIGENT your race won't butcher them but they butcher antmen and any other humonid creature (think its CAN_CIV and INTELLIGENT donno its one of the tags that make a creature smart?)

As I tried to make my Dwarves resort to eating goblins but that never happened but they gladly butchered the subterran 'men' and ate them just fine, which caused the traders to bring various humonid leather (saddly no elf leather "can't stand em, wear em")

or perhaps im just nuts like everyone tells me and I got this all wrong and twisted its burning the eyes out of experienced modders and melting thier brains... at least I did something right lol