Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Dig Dwarfier - a fully graphical (modified) Dig Deeper pack for 40d16  (Read 25917 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Dwarfier - a fully graphical (modified) Dig Deeper pack for 40d17
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 11:57:38 pm »

Looked in errorlog.txt while trying this, and it found some things repeatedly spammed there, which I'll post here for you (Some may be from Dig Deeper, but I wouldn't know since I haven't downloaded it separately):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

DaReaper

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Spit the flesh, salt the wound
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 04:09:43 pm »

Love the mod, but im getting a few major problems.

i DLed the full, ready to go version so i havnt made any changes or anything.

but! stonesence, and DwarfTherapist refuse to work for this version, they work with every other DF game just fine.

i cant play without some sort of manager realy so this is sorta killing the mod for me :(
The only thing better then a fortress carved into a mountain, is fortress carved carved into the mountain with pumbing and mist generators at every corner!

Wat dose that switch do again, Mini Dwarf says pull!
Oh god! No wait, it was just the nobels.

mal

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CLOAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 08:15:26 pm »

Love the mod, but im getting a few major problems.

i DLed the full, ready to go version so i havnt made any changes or anything.

but! stonesence, and DwarfTherapist refuse to work for this version, they work with every other DF game just fine.

i cant play without some sort of manager realy so this is sorta killing the mod for me :(

No utilities are currently being updated for DF version 40d17, which is why you are unable to get them working.  The good news is that the next update will roll the version back to 40d16, which both Stonesense and Dwarf Therapist support.  I'll try to finish up my changes and upload soon.  I've been on vacation this past week and haven't had a chance to tinker with it.

Looked in errorlog.txt while trying this, and it found some things repeatedly spammed there, which I'll post here for you (Some may be from Dig Deeper, but I wouldn't know since I haven't downloaded it separately):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've taken care of all the other bugs in the next version, but I'm still hunting for the 'Unrecognized Creature Token: NOT' error.  It's obvi a typo somewhere (maybe a [ got typed instead of a _?).

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Dwarfier - a fully graphical (modified) Dig Deeper pack for 40d16
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 09:46:18 pm »

I tried searching for it myself, looking for "NOT:", "NOT]", "NOT ", etc, and even just looking for "[NOT" and looking at everything that showed up, but had no luck finding it.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 12:38:36 am »

I tried searching for it myself, looking for "NOT:", "NOT]", "NOT ", etc, and even just looking for "[NOT" and looking at everything that showed up, but had no luck finding it.

Sure, because there's no such error. I think you should learn how errorlog.txt works before you try to debug something, or you could break it even more :).
  Delete your errorlog.txt and generate a new world. There's no error like this. The problem is that there's an errorlog.txt in the DOWNLOAD, which mentiones PREVIOUS entries. You know, it's not new each time, but rather new errors are added to it.

An advice to Mal: remove "errorlog.txt" and empty the /data/objects and data/save folders before packing a mod ;). You will avoid a lot of confusion this way.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

mal

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CLOAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 12:52:37 am »

Sure, because there's no such error. I think you should learn how errorlog.txt works before you try to debug something, or you could break it even more :).
  Delete your errorlog.txt and generate a new world. There's no error like this. The problem is that there's an errorlog.txt in the DOWNLOAD, which mentiones PREVIOUS entries. You know, it's not new each time, but rather new errors are added to it.

An advice to Mal: remove "errorlog.txt" and empty the /data/objects and data/save folders before packing a mod ;). You will avoid a lot of confusion this way.

That's the conclusion I came to when I couldn't replicate the errorlog.  My mistake :-[.

The new 40d16 version is now packaged and ready to upload, this time with less testing cruft ;D.  OP has been updated to reflect changes.  Have fun, folks!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 01:07:27 am »

40d16? Good. I personally try to avoid 40d17 because Adventure mode there is unplayable and some interface bugs are quite big (i.e. when it moves a few levels instead of one when you press ">" due to unappropriate keypress detecting).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

mal

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CLOAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 01:49:19 am »

40d16? Good. I personally try to avoid 40d17 because Adventure mode there is unplayable and some interface bugs are quite big (i.e. when it moves a few levels instead of one when you press ">" due to unappropriate keypress detecting).

Yeah, I changed the initial release from 40d16 to 40d17 at the last second, assuming it was an incremental release (embarrassingly, I didn't even read the release notes, and misunderstood the purpose of 40d17  :'().  I'd hoped the bugs would be manageable, but it just seems smarter to package with the stable version to minimize headaches at this point.

Hopefully, this version is solid enough to be a fun diversion until Toady is finished with the update.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 02:25:00 am »

* Deon's Elfcoal reactions added.  Make charcoal from elf loot.
* Added animal hide bed and stone anvil reactions from Kobold Camp.
* Added reaction to re-roughen rock crystal, allowing import for crystal glass production.
Oh man, thank you for this. I always play with these and it became a bit boring to add those to any mod I download :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Pathos

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 08:09:58 pm »

I approve, of all of this.
However I'm still going to need to add in all my other kobold camp weapons like slingshots  ::)

Gief!

Bodea

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 10:05:29 pm »

Hey there guys. Bit of a noob here and to Dwarf fortress in general. Only been playing a couple of weeks. Just about got the basics down, but after having a browse on the mods forumn am thinking of giving this one a try. I'm currently playing which ever version is the latest bundled with the Mayday tileset. How much more difficult than vanilla is this mod? Will I get battered hard and early? as I'm not the quickest of military might setter upper in my previous play throughs. Not really looking to get pounded too hard too quickly. Also how different is this version to the Mayday one? if I'm use to that one will the transition be easy enough.
Cheers in advanced.

Pathos

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 10:21:10 pm »

Hey there guys. Bit of a noob here and to Dwarf fortress in general. Only been playing a couple of weeks. Just about got the basics down, but after having a browse on the mods forumn am thinking of giving this one a try. I'm currently playing which ever version is the latest bundled with the Mayday tileset. How much more difficult than vanilla is this mod? Will I get battered hard and early? as I'm not the quickest of military might setter upper in my previous play throughs. Not really looking to get pounded too hard too quickly. Also how different is this version to the Mayday one? if I'm use to that one will the transition be easy enough.
Cheers in advanced.

I'm 90% certain that Mayday is just a graphic set repack. This has additional animals, monsters and civs, basically. It also has more types of metal and the like. It won't be MUCH more difficult, but it might pose a bit more of a challenge than the original game. Don't try and go for a kobold camp, though, if you're new. =p That shit is HARD.

TL;DR: It's a mix bag of danger and bonuses. Better risk versus reward, basically.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2010, 01:13:28 am »

I approve of this, many people have been asking for it but I've never had the time to get round to doing it myself :D!

PS -Seriously though, no mention of me on the front page :(?

I will try to keep you busy with many new creature additions for the future ;).
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

mal

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CLOAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2010, 03:34:04 am »

Can't believe I missed that  :-[.

OP fixed  :D.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2010, 09:26:04 am »

Can't believe I missed that  :-[.

OP fixed  :D.

Much appreciated... Some might call it egotism (perhaps rightly so) but when you've put as many hours into a project as I have into Dig Deeper it kind of becomes your baby...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9