Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Dig Dwarfier - a fully graphical (modified) Dig Deeper pack for 40d16  (Read 25897 times)

mal

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CLOAKS]
    • View Profile

Dig Dwarfier is a fully graphical bundle for a modified installation of Dig Deeper 1.4B (+ Kobold Camp compatibility).  All creatures are graphically represented.  This is a beta release, and my first time packaging a mod of this size, so please post any questions, suggestions, bugs, or graphics weirdness in this thread.

Dig Dwarfier is based on Dwarf Fortress v0.28.181.40d17, which has a few known bugs (see thread).  For help with installing on previous versions please ask.

Dig Dwarfier is now based on Dwarf Fortress v0.28.181.40d16.  The bleeding edge is great to visit, but no place to live.

This mod began as an attempt to modify RantingRodents graphical overhaul to showcase Beefmo's wonderful character sprites, but expanded to incorporate the mods I like to play.  As such, I consider it a work in progress, and will keep it as up-to-date, bug free, and lowercase fun as I can.  The community is welcome to use any original work in their own projects.  Have fun, and remember to post a good screenshot!

DFFD link (standalone)
DFFD link (complete with 40d16)

Alternate tileset for 40d

What's New in 0.86 (released 03/03/2010)
* Slime mold removed (was a safety food for a plant growth duration revamp, now scrapped)
* Tweaked the biomes of all added fungi, should be much less common now.
* Changed tower husk growth duration back to what it was when introduced (was changed for testing and forgotten, my bad)
* Fixed a racegloss bug with gargoyles.  Gargoyles are now made of granite.
* Removed undocumented [MISHIEVOUS] tag from goblins (testing use, should not have been added)
* Remove dragon scale chunk reaction (bugged).
* Dragon scale is no longer a wafer metal (now unneccessary)
* Vanilla dragons are back as a biological stub for Dig Deeper dragon subtypes.  Should not spawn.
* Raw dragon scale reimplemented as a stone.  Dragons drop it.
* Reaction added to break raw dragon scale down into: 25 bones, 25 meat, 1 leather, 1 skull totem, 12 dragon scale bars.  Sorry soapers, no fat yet.
* Melting point data added to all Dig Deeper ores.  Sources listed.
* Templar art work complete, courtesy of Kivish Zokun (Thanks Kivish!)
* Orc skeleton and zombie (and undead military) sprites redone.
* Entity entries tweaked slightly to prevent worldgenocide.

PAST UPDATES:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Credits (Thank You!):

What's been changed from Dig Deeper?:

FUTURE PLANS:

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Dwarfier - a fully graphical (modified) Dig Deeper pack for 40d17
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 05:26:24 am »

i cant got it to work.  it opens up in a black window and does nothing.  error log is here

etc....

EDIT:  i lied it works.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:54:35 am by Toastergargletop »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 06:52:37 am »

You liar...

Good work, mal!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

mal

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CLOAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 05:20:25 pm »

Thanks, Deon!

OP updated for the current (minor) bugs that I'm aware of, I'll be throwing up an updated version once I can collect a few more.

RantingRodent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 05:54:13 pm »

Awesome work mal. I've been waiting for this before giving Dig Deeper a try. There's several things I would like to integrate back into my pack. I'll PM you later to figure out who I need to speak to/credit for what.
Graphical Overhaul 0.31 DFFD | Bundle |  Thread (beta3)
Raw Patcher DFFD  | Thread (1.0)
Graphical Overhaul 40d DFFD | Bundle
ASCII Tileset 40d DFFD  | Thread (2.0)
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 06:41:49 pm »

How early do the Orcs siege in the Kobold camp? I know that there is some thing with wealth being impossible to export, plus created wealth being low, so will I still expect huge amounts of early FUN?

mal

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CLOAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 06:57:31 pm »

How early do the Orcs siege in the Kobold camp? I know that there is some thing with wealth being impossible to export, plus created wealth being low, so will I still expect huge amounts of early FUN?

I haven't put a lot of time into testing how difficult Kobold Camp play is, especially with the other entities present, but Orcs are:

... which, with only limited goods production, should buy you some time.  Those are the same settings as vanilla goblins I believe.

I don't have a lot of hope for FUN prevention in the long term if you're playing as Kobolds, the new entities are simply too strong.  But it should be very challenging to try, and epic if you can succeed.  I'm open to adding things to make it a little less impossible though, such as tuning gnomes to be a trading partner.  Give it a shot and let me know how it goes.

EDIT:  Using the leather bed reactions still requires a third party program like Dwarf Therapist (or bugged immigrants) to enable furnace operating.  I considered adding that to the list of accepted professions in the next release.  But it would then require a mason (or metalsmith, if somehow using metal) to build the smelter, so slippery slope, etc.  I'm open to suggestions for a workaround.  What positions are neccessary to export created wealth?  Nevermind, limitations of the [SKULKING] tag, and whatnot.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 02:34:19 pm »

Having an odd problem with my dig dwarfier game (Otherwise enjoying it tons :D)  I made some bridges, and I placed some levers.  And I have free mechanisms that are not tasked, and nothing is forbidden or dumped.  Yet when I attempt to link the lever to the bridge I get the same error message I'd get if I didn't have any bridges.  I can link the lever to a constructed cage without problems.

I deconstructed the bridges and levers, and rebuilt both, and still cannot link them up.  What's up?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

mal

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CLOAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 10:24:05 pm »

Having an odd problem with my dig dwarfier game (Otherwise enjoying it tons :D)  I made some bridges, and I placed some levers.  And I have free mechanisms that are not tasked, and nothing is forbidden or dumped.  Yet when I attempt to link the lever to the bridge I get the same error message I'd get if I didn't have any bridges.  I can link the lever to a constructed cage without problems.

I deconstructed the bridges and levers, and rebuilt both, and still cannot link them up.  What's up?

Sounds like this 40d17 bug.

This post offers a bit more detail, but to summarize it is the result of 40d17 using the "b" key for both bridge and floor bars, the latter of which should have been "alt+b".

I'll be rolling back the release version to 40d16 on the next patch (ETA soon), there are just too many little bugs like this, and no real advantages besides being 40d17 guinea pigs (although feel free to join the thread to offer feedback).  You can switch to 40d16 yourself if it's a deal breaker; I did most of my testing under it, and as long as the tileset in data/art is used (there are a lot of changed tiles), just installing it the same as Dig Deeper (deleting the vanilla raws and replacing them with Dig Dwarfier raws) should work fine.  Let me know if you run into any problems.

duckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 02:43:57 am »

So how exactly do I install this mod over d16?  Just like any other mod, copy+paste etc, or do I need to clean raws out first?  Or is it even more complicated than that simple procedure?

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 01:54:58 pm »

Moving to D16 is good since most of the standard utilities don't work with D17, not to mention Stonesense. The only gamebreaking bug I've found is the Bridge lever link but I've been getting around that by saving and moving to vanilla to get that done. Very good mod though.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 02:00:44 pm »

Moontayle: you can remap "build bridge" in key mapping to something else and you'll get this bug solved.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 02:19:51 pm »

I like making things difficult? I didn't know that.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 02:22:01 pm »

Well it's not that obvious. Currently in 40d17 "build bridge" hotkey (the same as "link to bridge) is duplicated with another "build ..." (I think it's build floor grate) and thus when you link a lever you only see one (or none in case of bridges). A remapping of hotkeys fixes the issue.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 05:38:18 pm »

I approve, of all of this.
However I'm still going to need to add in all my other kobold camp weapons like slingshots  ::)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9