Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Dig Dwarfier - a fully graphical (modified) Dig Deeper pack for 40d16  (Read 25906 times)

mal

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CLOAKS]
    • View Profile
Re: Dig Dwarfier - a fully graphical (modified) Dig Deeper pack for 40d16
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2010, 03:51:05 am »

is mayday universal supposed to generate warnings when choosen?

that said, the graphics are very pretty!!

It's a holdover from Mayday's pack, which was vanilla, and it always runs over budget due to some value change or other variation with Dig Deeper.  I've been meaning to throw in a couple embark profiles that would actually work, but haven't gotten around to it.  Feel free to ignore or replace it, it's just cruft.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2010, 11:18:05 am »

So, are tower husks pressed into lumber at the smelter?  I've got 10 stacks ranging from 1-3 husks each, but not seeing a reaction option in the smelter to work with husks at all, just dragon chunks and metals.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

duckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2010, 01:55:04 pm »

There seems to be an issue/bug.  I can't cut gems at all.  Despite having clear access to the rough gems in my stockpile my jeweler's workshop can even issue the command to cut the gems that I do have, but when I do it tells me "needs *gem im trying to cut*" and cancels the command, which is annoying.  This might be me overlooking something but I have a trained gem cutter, a jewelers workshop, a stockpile with 20 rough gems and yet I can't seem to be allowed to mess with the rough gems at all.

EDIT: Well my gem cutter starved to death for no reason apparently, but I figured out the way the workshop was constructed prevented my gem cutter from leaving.  So it was a bug, just not related to the mod.  wat
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 02:17:19 pm by duckets »

Kivish Zokun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2010, 02:47:38 pm »

@mal
I can try and do the rest of the dark elves if you wish???

mal

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CLOAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2010, 04:07:33 pm »

@mal
I can try and do the rest of the dark elves if you wish???

That would be awesome, I really like the direction you were headed with the ones you did so far, if I tried to do fill ins I think it might fall pretty flat.

So, are tower husks pressed into lumber at the smelter?  I've got 10 stacks ranging from 1-3 husks each, but not seeing a reaction option in the smelter to work with husks at all, just dragon chunks and metals.

I just did a quickie test run, and the reaction seemed to work fine (although I think it might be taking 6 stacks of husks instead of just 6 husks).  "Make Tower Cap From Tower Husks", at the smelter.  If your raw/objects/reaction_standard_additional.txt has this:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:TOWER_CAP_MAKING]
[NAME:make tower cap from tower husks]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:6:PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:GIANT_SHROOM_HUSK:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:WOOD:GIANT_SHROOM]
... then you should be in business.  If not, something may have been misplaced in installation.

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2010, 04:47:26 pm »

Are the clean dragon chunks reactions working properly? I seem to be able to use them even when I've never seen a dragon.

other than that, liking this, was fun when my first gargoyle dropped a nice statue... it now adorns my trade depot :D

mal

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CLOAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2010, 05:18:57 pm »

Are the clean dragon chunks reactions working properly? I seem to be able to use them even when I've never seen a dragon.

other than that, liking this, was fun when my first gargoyle dropped a nice statue... it now adorns my trade depot :D

They aren't.  I noticed that as I was playing earlier this week.  Next version, which may be pushed up, I'm reimplementing dragons dropping raw dragon scales, and adding a reaction to break that down.  Until then, dragon chunk reactions are a bit of a bugsploit.

On a related note, I actually did some work on gargoyles as well, to fix a weird racegloss issue.  What material is the gargoyle statue made out of?

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2010, 05:34:56 pm »

I thought as much, it's rather fun creating dragon scale armour out of thin air, but I won't be using that sploit for anything more than testing.

I just had a look at the statue and indeed, it's a "  statue", no material, no quality, no description. I was wondering why it kept changing colour every time I looked at it, just didn't connect. Have you fixed that already?

mal

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CLOAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2010, 05:52:03 pm »

I thought as much, it's rather fun creating dragon scale armour out of thin air, but I won't be using that sploit for anything more than testing.

I just had a look at the statue and indeed, it's a "  statue", no material, no quality, no description. I was wondering why it kept changing colour every time I looked at it, just didn't connect. Have you fixed that already?

Yes.  In the patched version, gargoyles will be made out of granite.  It's a Dig Deeper bug that I wasn't aware of until I was perusing that thread a while back.
The fixed creature entry is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2010, 06:36:33 pm »

I just did a quickie test run, and the reaction seemed to work fine (although I think it might be taking 6 stacks of husks instead of just 6 husks).  "Make Tower Cap From Tower Husks", at the smelter.  If your raw/objects/reaction_standard_additional.txt has this:
[SMELTER]
... then you should be in business.  If not, something may have been misplaced in installation.

All plant reactions use stacks as 1 item regardless of the number of plants in the stack.

mal

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CLOAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2010, 06:57:11 pm »

All plant reactions use stacks as 1 item regardless of the number of plants in the stack.

I had thought as much.  Still, given the maximum stack size for husks, it shouldn't make a huge difference.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2010, 08:32:24 pm »

[SMELTER]

I checked the raws, and I have that same entry for the smelter reaction, and I have 12 stacks of tower husks, but I don't see the reaction in my smelter to work with them, any ideas what I'm missing?  Here's a picture of what I see.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

sunshaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2010, 08:56:54 pm »

Plant reactions can not find plants stored in barrels.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2010, 09:06:00 pm »

Thank you so much!  That's surely it.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2010, 04:13:19 am »

I just got a huge-ass bunch of Unknown Interface Tokens in my errorlog. Help?
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9