Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: TACTICUS, CHAPS  (Read 5264 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
TACTICUS, CHAPS
« on: February 09, 2010, 01:45:09 am »

THIS IS A GAME OF TACTICUS BETWEEN MYSELF AND THE GOOD EARL LEOLEONARDO, THIRD OF HIS LINE

FIRSTLY I USE MY INITIAL EIGHT-AND-TWENTY SUMMONING POINTS TO CREATE ONE SENOR GENERALISSIMO, TWELVE POINTS, AND FOUR DWARF/HOST OF THE ELDAR COMBINATION ABOMINATIONS AS STATED IN DORFY MCPHEE'S TEXT TACTICUS STRATEGY FOR BEGINNERS, SIXTEEN-HUNDRED AND THIRTY-TWO

Code: [Select]
++++++
++++++
++++++
++++++
++++++
++++++
+DGD++
+D++D+
++++++

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
Re: TACTICUS, CHAPS
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 01:54:37 am »

THIS IS A GAME OF TACTICUS BETWEEN MYSELF AND THE GOOD EARL LEOLEONARDO, THIRD OF HIS LINE

FIRSTLY I USE MY INITIAL EIGHT-AND-TWENTY SUMMONING POINTS TO CREATE ONE SENOR GENERALISSIMO, TWELVE POINTS, AND FOUR DWARF/HOST OF THE ELDAR COMBINATION ABOMINATIONS AS STATED IN DORFY MCPHEE'S TEXT TACTICUS STRATEGY FOR BEGINNERS, SIXTEEN-HUNDRED AND THIRTY-TWO

++++++
++++++
++++++
++++++
++++++
++++++
+DGD++
+D++D+
++++++

Could it be that you're extremely bored?
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:55:26 am »

I DO SAY THERE IS NO R- ahem.

Care for a tumbler of scotch, old man? Garçon! And the ice - there's a good lad - aah here we are.

*sirrrrp*

As I was saying, there is no reason to keep such a pleasant and enlightening game from others should they wish to join!

For my opening move, I shall exploit MacGruder's Pensioner's Gambit from TACTICUS, Strategies for the Adept and Honorable. It allows me to create a second empty play field adjacent to the first separated by my choice of obstacle.

I choose Tentacle Demons.

++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
+DGD++&++++++
+D++D+&++++++
++++++&++++++
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 02:01:13 am by LeoLeonardoIII »
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 02:00:20 am »

I DO SAY THERE IS NO R- ahem.

Care for a tumbler of scotch, old man? Garsonne! And the ice - there's a good lad - aah here we are.

*sirrrrp*

As I was saying, there is no reason to keep such a pleasant and enlightening game from others should they wish to join!

For my opening move, I shall exploit MacGruder's Pensioner's Gambit from TACTICUS, Strategies for the Adept and Honorable. It allows me to create a second empty play field adjacent to the first separated by my choice of obstacle.

I choose Tentacle Demons.

++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
+DGD++&++++++
+D++D+&++++++
++++++&++++++

Garçon.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 02:01:49 am »

Good play sir, good play indeed.

However, I exploit the Habberdash clause in MacGruder's Pensioner's Gambit from TACTICUS, Strategies for the Adept and Honorable, allowing me to turn you Tentacle Demons into Microline thrones and giving me 20 summoning points. What say you!
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 02:07:21 am »

Thank you kindly, good Dwarf. Might I mention that a little pretention gets some attention in this little invention of ours. Feel no apprehension, keep doubt in suspension, and please join our game (and us, by extension!)

As for our game.

The Haddock's Mattock rule (The Ugly and the True, pp 1,024) clearly states, there can be no confusion, that when a player invokes any Habberdash clause the other players all have the opportunity to summon one creature at a zero point cost.

I summon a Wide-Bottom Dwarf. It takes up two tiles. I choose to place it over two of your chairs, a buttock in each. The northernmost and the next.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 02:14:26 am »

++++++D++++++
++++++D++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&+++▒▒▒
+DGD++&++++D▒
+D++D+&+++▒▒▒
++++++&++++++

I summon a Dwarf wagon, according to Wagon Summoning Volume II. Page 100, sub-section Dwarf Wagons.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 03:54:17 am »

The children's guide to anarchy: Apocalypse addition, requires that I summon cats to pull the wagon, and then goes on to state that those cats each summon cats on all available adjacent sides.
++++++D++++++
++++++D++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++c+++
++++++&+cc▒▒▒
+DGD++&++c+D▒
+D++D+&+cc▒▒▒
++++++&++c+++
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 04:51:05 am »

So are you going to roll for a catsplosion or am I going to have to do it?

*sigh*

D6=1

Well, as per the catleather edition of 'Urist McDamncats Tacticus and cats: Catsplosion-Catsplosions'
Two cats spawning 5 cats has a catsplosion difficulty of 5-the amount of dwarves. So.. -1.
Um.
I guess there was no need to throw the dice, then. The amount of cats will double every turn until all cats are killed.
:/

Anyway I cast blinding Microline, consuming 3 of the thrones and stunning all creatures in play.
This will, of course, do nothing to stop the catsplosion; McDamncats is quite clear that cats can breed whilst stunned, submerged, and dead. Not in the presence of oranges, though. Odd, that. Reminds me of one game, once, hmm, yes, there was a troupe of elves who started an orange grove, which was preventing the single cat (which I recall was tied to a dead titan) from breeding, but then a brewery was invoked on the magma pipe, and, well, you can imagine the rest. Oh yes, they created a new rule after that. No invoking breweries when the turn is a prime number in the event that oranges, cats, and at least two nightshades are in play. Heh.
++++++D++++++
++++++D++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++c+++
++++++&+cc▒▒▒
+DGD+++++c+D▒
+D++D+++cc▒▒▒
+++++++++c+++
Long Live United Forenia!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 10:04:30 am »

Well, chappy, I will counter with Ye Dwarf's Big Book of Tacticus Maneuvres And Stratagems, which states that when controlled by a Senor Generalissimo, Abomination class creatures are immune to stunning - and thus my Dwarf/Host of the Eldar Abominations are able to cast their starting spell, Killcats 5000, without penalty. The Tacticus Spellbook of 1830 also lists the aforementioned spell as a d20 with a 7+ roll for success; due to their Abomination class, which provides a +2 magic bonus, and their Host of the Eldar, with a +6 bonus (halved, of course, do to combination summoning), my DHEs only need a 2+ roll:
(19)(3)(2)(17)
My army destroys four cats!
++++++D++++++
++++++D++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&++++++
++++++&+c+▒▒▒
+DGD+++++++D▒
+D++D+++c+▒▒▒
+++++++++c+++

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 03:15:30 pm »

I employ, for the entire use of my turn, a little-known and even less-discussed rule from the Vagaries of TACTICUS: A Hallowed Guide: Supplement XIII (of which there is only one barnacle-covered copy, in the personal library of the most excellent Lord Aqizzar at his Montalron estate). It allows me to surround the play field with a wall.

..O═════════════O..
..║++++++D++++++║..
..║++++++D++++++║..
..║++++++&++++++║..
..║++++++&++++++║..
..║++++++&++++++║..
..║++++++&+c+▒▒▒║..
..║+DGD+++++++D▒║..
..║+D++D+++c+▒▒▒║..
..║+++++++++c+++║..
..O═════════════O..
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 03:21:33 pm »

..O═════════════O..
..║++++++D++++++║..
..║++++++D++++++║..
..║++++++&++++++║..
..║++++++&++++++║..
..║++++++&++++++║..
..║++++++&+c+▒▒▒║..
..║+DGD+++++++D▒║..
*.║+D++D+++c+▒▒▒║..
**║+++++++++c+++║..
**O═════════════O..
Within the same rulebook, page 23, I cna play a multiplying virus that won't stop multiplying until I roll a 1. Starting in the bottom left corner; 4 5 5 3 1 So I multiply four times.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 03:27:01 pm »

Ah, Bossanova's Contagion. Quite good, sir.

Quite good.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 03:52:48 pm »

.....ggg..gggg..g..
....g...ggg.g.g....
..O═════════════O..
..║++++++D++++++║..
..║++++++D++++++║..
..║++++++&++++++║..
..║++++++&++++++║..
..║++++++&++++++║..
..║++++++&+c+▒▒▒║..
..║+DGD+++++++D▒║..
*.║+D++D+++c+▒▒▒║..
**║+++++++++c+++║..
**O═════════════O..
I shall invoke the law stating that all constructions of sufficient size(referred to as "fortresses") will be attacked by a vile force of darkness, thereby summoning a large group of uncouth goblins.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 03:56:55 pm »

I say!

According to page 147 of Farnsworthy's Guide to Dwarves and Dwarfkind - Why They Do What They Do my Wide-Bottom Dwarf must begin searching for a discarded article of burning clothing located as far as possible outside the fortress.

Fortunately, there is no such clothing and there is no open entrance to the fortress. He stays put - for now!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5