Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: They always come back...  (Read 928 times)

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
They always come back...
« on: February 07, 2010, 02:39:22 am »

Originally, I was going to post a somewhat long story in here, spoilered of course.
However, given the size and my inability to write decently, that idea was scrapped.

Regardless, Tekkud, one of my three squad commanders, has died today.  A victim of a bowgoblin suckerpunch with so many arrows it blotted out the sun.  Sadly, he did not last long in the shade.  He is survived by his lover and his 3x3 tomb.

With that being said, do you ever have times when you want to give up a fort but something happens that makes you change your mind?
And what kind of things?  It's the deaths of important dwarfs that makes me all, "AWWWWWWW". :(
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: They always come back...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 11:06:49 am »

When a gobo ambush mass murders a whole immigrant wave because my marksdorfs are too dumb to kill them....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yes it is a 1x1 fort. Don't ask.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.