Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shooting Through?  (Read 571 times)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Shooting Through?
« on: February 07, 2010, 01:25:45 am »

Here's the setup, I'm making castle walls. They have a wall, fortification, wall pattern. I'm putting ramps on the outside of the walls so that it gives the walls a sloped look (for the aestetic value to me). If I put a ramp in front of a fortification, can the dwarves still shoot THROUGH the fortification AND ramp?
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
Re: Shooting Through?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 01:34:42 am »

I believe so. I haven't tested it, but I've never seen a ramp stop a bolt. Also, bolts that hit a slope land on the ramp itself, which indicates they are stopped by the wall behind.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 01:37:14 am »

I will try it. Thanks
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 01:49:14 am »

What's the purpose of walls if the enemy can walk right over them? Or are they multi-Z-level? If they have multiple Z levels, you could have your marksdwarves stationed on the second floor
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 01:57:18 am »

Is one z-level above the ground. This is the second story.