Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My best adventurer ever...  (Read 1382 times)

Trout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My best adventurer ever...
« on: February 06, 2010, 09:46:53 pm »

I was swimming down a river in a terrifying biome killing whatever skeletal/zombie fish I came across (I was already legendary at that point due to strangling a zombie wolf for a day straight) when all of a sudden a few hundred of "Zombie carp/pike/sturgeon has been encased in ice" popped up on my screen. I go back to find myself in the ice too, without any warning. So ends my greatest character ever, just out of the blue, flash-frozen for all the zombie wolves to see.

I love this game.

Also, I wonder if I could go back to that spot with a different character later in the year and find my body. I wish I knew where it was, though.
I don't think losing guts actually kills you, you just throw up and pass out and bleed to death.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
Re: My best adventurer ever...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 10:49:46 pm »

Yeah, my best adventurer got flash frozen while training swimming. He had taken down elf civilizations, crushed the goblins and had a veritable army of children being trained up to be mighty warrirors. I was tempted to savescum but didn't. Several rescue parties were sent out but all failed. Some by ice, some by wolves and the rest by getting lost in a hostile mountain hall trying to get steel armor.
Meh.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 03:44:38 am »

Its even more epic when all the fish die by being encased in ice and you luckily escape by 1 tile.

Damn those fluxuating river tempertures...

Ive lost of my best adventureres that way...
I just cant resist chasing after those fishes and slaughtering them all...
Now ive learnt to continually check what temperture it is in the water...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:47:50 am by silhouette »
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Exiledhero99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 12:39:50 am »

YEAH! I'm not the only one to have this happen to them.
If you hit a dwarf with moving water with sufficient strength it will knock the baby out of the mother's arms.  The water can then be used to sweep the baby into a well or cistern for drowning.  The device which does this can also double as a mist generator.

shadowsofwhite

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:moustache] Steam ID: TheHengeProphet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 11:47:01 pm »

How do you do this? I have not known how to determine tepurature of anything in adventure mode until I am blinded by frostbite...
Dev-status:
Drakelings: Dev halted indefinitely.
Illithids: Dev halted indefinitely.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 03:59:54 am »

How do you do this? I have not known how to determine tepurature of anything in adventure mode until I am blinded by frostbite...
capital p.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 08:37:27 pm »

I had a good adventurer flash frozen while he tried to swim up the length of the river.  Later I sent another adventurer to look for the body or his gear but it wasn't anywhere in the river.  I have had adventurers die in a river that cut through a town, and I did find their gear scattered about.  I think maybe when you die in the wilderness, if your gear is still there it's scattered over such a large area that you're unlikely to run into it.

In the town I have with a river, if an adventurer is about to die in the river I retire him instead; next time you start an adventurer there the old one will still be fighting the carp or alligators on his own, and if he then dies you have a chance of looting his corpse with all the equipment in one place, instead of scattered like it would be if you let him die before you ended the game.  Of course, you still have to dive into the alligator infested river to get it...
My wife: "Are you playing that midget fort game again?"