Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Material breaths  (Read 4215 times)

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
Re: Material breaths
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 02:51:26 pm »

The most relevant Toady quote I could find on subject was the devlog from Feb 6, 2009.

Quote from: Toady
Today was material breath weapons. For now, there can be forward puffs of gas/vapor/dust of any material, as well as clouds surrounding and liquid/solid glob projectiles. This can be extended to things like cones and so on later. I tested out these and the poison effects by making the berserk test dwarf breathe dwarven blood vapor that was linked to an inhaled poison effect that caused immediate pain throughout the body. He wasn't immune to it himself and ended up passing out before I did.
So if somebody hypothetically modded in a wood-breathing megabeast in an attempt to pin elves to walls with stakes, it'd actually just breathe sawdust?
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 02:56:14 pm »

The most relevant Toady quote I could find on subject was the devlog from Feb 6, 2009.

Quote from: Toady
Today was material breath weapons. For now, there can be forward puffs of gas/vapor/dust of any material, as well as clouds surrounding and liquid/solid glob projectiles. This can be extended to things like cones and so on later. I tested out these and the poison effects by making the berserk test dwarf breathe dwarven blood vapor that was linked to an inhaled poison effect that caused immediate pain throughout the body. He wasn't immune to it himself and ended up passing out before I did.
So if somebody hypothetically modded in a wood-breathing megabeast in an attempt to pin elves to walls with stakes, it'd actually just breathe sawdust?

More like it would "breathe" large hunks of wood surrounded by sawdust. More of a wooden cannon ball then stake

termitehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 04:07:20 pm »

"Mysterious White Substance breath"

Those anatomically correct mods are going to be taken to a whole new level with this release...

Oh god.  This could be bad awesome!
Pages: 1 [2]