Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Holy crap that's a lot of snow.  (Read 2574 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Holy crap that's a lot of snow.
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 05:49:15 pm »

Phhffft....the snow storm skipped up by like...a mile. We only got 1 inch at best while long beach got several feet....I almost got out of class >_>

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 07:22:14 pm »

Phhffft....the snow storm skipped up by like...a mile. We only got 1 inch at best while long beach got several feet....I almost got out of class >_>
Folks, this has been the situation of DC for the past decade. The smaller storms always veer east or west of us when approaching from the south. Now there was finally something large enough that it could not miss us, even with our anti-storm whatever.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 07:31:20 pm »

I think that DC can hold up under a little bit of snow. It'll take more than that to seize up the government.

I'm reminded though, that I'd really like to see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier sometime in my life.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2010, 08:04:03 pm »

Nonono, the snow handling of DC is crap. I've seen two inches of snow paralyze the city. Two feet is more than enough to send congressmen hiding in their homes for the next six weeks.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 08:33:37 pm »

I can confirm the reports of there being huge amounts of snow in sweden.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 08:48:15 pm »

I can confirm that Michigan is losing snow. Damn storms always dump stuff on the west side or miss me to the south or north. But either way, the weather is unpredictable here. Green Christmas followed by a white Easter, a year or two ago etc.

It's been a bad for snow recently. Cold, but very little snow.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2010, 06:56:04 am »

I can confirm that Michigan is losing snow. Damn storms always dump stuff on the west side or miss me to the south or north. But either way, the weather is unpredictable here. Green Christmas followed by a white Easter, a year or two ago etc.

It's been a bad for snow recently. Cold, but very little snow.

Damn skippy. It's bitter cold. Cold to the bone, but not as snowy as that coldness might lead you to believe.

Plenty of slush and ice though, and those are the dangerous things ya gotta watch out for.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2010, 12:59:53 pm »

Darn, just got my internet back.  We where in the middle of the snowstorm, we got about 40 inches in some places.  Yeesh.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2010, 02:10:49 pm »

That storm was horrible compared to what I normally get in my area. Step outside and sink knee-high in the snow. Couldn't even sled in it because it's all powder, none of it's packing. And 2 days without internet and constant power flickering just made it absolute hell for doing anything other than nothing. Still happy to have my web service back, and the power on  ;D
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2010, 02:46:08 pm »

You didn't get internet?

I take it back, I don't want snow.
Pages: 1 2 [3]